Ukraine...leave them alone!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by -ALW-, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

3. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

It is't true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_independence_referendum,_1991

A referendum on the Act of Declaration of Independence was held in Ukraine on 1 December 1991.[1] An overwhelming majority of 92.3 % of voters approved the declaration of independence made by the Verkhovna Rada on 24 August 1991.

Voters were asked "Do you support the Act of Declaration of Independence of Ukraine?"[2] The text of the Declaration was included as a preamble to the question. The referendum was called by the Parliament of Ukraine to confirm the Act of Independence, which was adopted by the Parliament on 24 August 1991.[3] Citizens of Ukraine expressed overwhelming support for independence. In the referendum, 31,891,742 registered voters (or 84.18% of the electorate) took part, and among them 28,804,071 (or 92.3% ) voted "Yes"

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

North Dakota? Can't imagine that, it wouldn't happen.

I'm thinking there were probably very very few "exUSSR" minded folks. If those former communist USSR people are 7.7% and, 100% were against.....still no go.

5. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Definition of: Invasion:
    an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, especially by an army.
    the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
    entrance as if to take possession or overrun: the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
    infringement by intrusion.

Unless you use a different meaning in Russia.

Stalin's effect was bloodless, no? I think there are many Ukrainians who remember the days of Stalin and will resist this current situation. Ukraine knows they are supported by the rest of the world.

And who is saying the Ukrainian army is too weak and demoralized? Who is going to attack their "weak" army? If the Ukraine needs protection because of their lack to defend themselves, maybe USA and Canada should land on Crimea. There seems to be people who aren't invited there. :nono:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  6. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

If Black sea fleet is 'invader' then Germany is invaded by USA for a long time.
    Remember Rammstein base, yep?
    Russia can legally have up to 25000 troops in Crimea, and Crimea is pro-Russian and ex-Russian land.

Do you want to die so much? :dunno:
    If Nato attack Russia that's a definite possibility.

7. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Dont feed the american :D

8. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I am hoping, almost praying [except I don't pray for states, only individual people, like my Mum]:
    Crimea is Russian, as much as Guam is Murkin.
    Think Guam is NOT Murkin?
    Ya ever heard of the Latin term, De facto?

NATO and whatever pact the fucking Russians have with their business partners ought to invade Mars.
    Cocksuckers.

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Can't! Got no proper space program. :(

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Wow, you fell right into that trap, and took the bait.

Ok,remember what Germany "was", yep?

Remember this guy?
    [​IMG]

How about this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alaska is also ex-Russian land. You plan to bring us peace as well? I dare tell you what will happen to planet earth.

Who said anything about dying. It won't be me.

Cease and Disest.

Very simple.

Or, do you need other ways of pictoral messages....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get the picture, comrad?

11. mikel-

mikel- FH Beta Tester

I don't think you understood rgreat. He was probably talking about currently open US/NATO military bases in Europe. i.e. there are American soldiers in Europe right now, but nobody calls them invaders.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Army_installations_in_Germany
    He says that Russian base in Crimea is legal (same as American ones in Europe) and so are Russian troops (up to 25000) according to agreement with Ukraine.

Regarding Hitler pictures... I've seen a lot of posters picturing Obama as Hitler in California. Just google "Obama Hitler Mustache".

12. -kum--

-kum-- Well-Known Member

And block the German military units, government buildings?

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I know, you can find images of all kinds of people with hitler overlays.

The point is here, that the people there in the Ukraine may not want Russia to meddle in their situation. I don't think USA, Canada, or any other country should meddle. Let Ukrainians fix their own problems. We can help the Ukraine but, not showing up uninvited.

If some entity decides to "acquire" or "annex" or "invade", I would say we'll put a stop to it.

Russia does not own Ukraine, and they best leave it alone. I'm not the only one saying that.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  14. badboy

badboy Well-Known Member

I am just wondering where you were, mate, when US was bombing Yugoslavia?

Leave the fucking Ukraine and fucking Russia alone, get work on your own shit.

15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Can't un-fry an egg, can we? I don't know but, we don't own Yogoslavia.

16. badboy

badboy Well-Known Member

Ahh, nice american philosophy. You did not own Yugoslavia, then you did not own Iraq, then you did not own Libia, Syria.

Well, you don't own Yugoslavia. This country does not exist anymore, because of you. The best you can do - get the balls to TV and watch Putin now.

17. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That's a very simplistic view of things. Do you think the Serb, Croat and Bosnian nationalists might have had something to do with it, too?

18. badboy

badboy Well-Known Member

You are right, mate. It is very simplistic answer to the person who demonstrates his virgin blonde mind.

Current Ukraine - do you think _current_ West Ukrainian neo-nazi have more than something to do with it? People, who follow Bandera's principles, have connections with european nazi parties and salute to each other in nazi way?

Current Ukraine is extremely complex. And it deserves more than simplistic approach in american style.

19. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Canada is wacked. no one in this country understands this whole Ukraine thing. nice piece of land and water too. I guess everybody wants that type of thing %) :dark: :nono:

OH WAIT!!!!

Ukraine is 10 times the size of Holland!! whoaaaaa.. okay this is serious...
    what happened anyway? Russia took over the Ukraine? I thought the Ukraine was part of Russia before they broke it up into pieces, like Georgia, Belarus..it was all one big country called Russia right? and what is this fucking talk about the crimea today, somebody took over the crimea or the crimea took over somebody? I don't know.

Same story with fighting in Azerbaijan - Georgian rebels etc etc. I don't know

All I know about the Ukraine:
    1. hot chicks.
    2. good vodka.
    3 very nice landscape.
    4. big naval base in Sevastopol? this was a Russian naval base and then it became a Ukrainian naval base after Russia broke up into pieces? who owns this naval base?!

[​IMG]<-Ukrainian women look better than Nazi "Aryan" women.

[​IMG] Hitler's mother "Aryan" LOL, I lost my boner.:zzz:

And, 99% of Ukrainian people look more like Germans than Hitler. This is fucking crazy to Attack Ukraine in ww2 imo. Hitler is an idiot, and 1/8th Jew!!! %)

:UU: :@prayer:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  20. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

Hello, dear FH friends!!!

For those who don't remember, I've played here since 2000. That's 14 years, and it makes me feel so old. LOL :)

I was shocked with this Ukraine story and was wishing I had Russian friends to hear their opinion. Then I remembered about our beloved WBFH! Wow, what a moment to revisit my friends!

I've gone through the previous posts and see some extreme opinions that, IMHO, don't consider we are only citizens of our nations without access to what really happens behind closed doors of the Kremlin, of Brussels and Washington.

By the way, as I'm bringing back the fact that we are so humble within our contexts, I must mention I have visited Washington in December. I was surprised at the size and amount of monuments. It only showed me how humble we are towards the great powers of the great powers of the world. And that includes Russia, Europe and, let's not forget, China!

So I came here to hear the thoughts of my friends in Russia, as westerns are dangerously bombarded with our western media. I want to hear the easternn that are bombarded with eastern media and try (try!) to create a balanced view of what could be happening and try to think about what could happen in this initially small incident of a small piece of land called Crimea.

I admit I was ignorant to the (very recent) history of Ukraine. The fact that it seperated so recently from USSR and was gifted (that's what we were told) Crimea is all new to me. (edit: I may be wrong here, but it doesn't change my post's message)

Ukraine is in a chaotic state. And if I was Russian, I too would be worried about the integrity of so many Russian citizens. I could understand a defensive "invasion" of Crimea to guarantee their safety.
    But the recent political decisions of Crimea wanting to be annexed by Russia and Russia's recent decision to accept such annexation make it clear that the motivations go a little beyond safety of Russian citizens.

I would LOVE to hear your opinions (you western and eastern friends), and below I share my opinion of what could happen soon to all of us, directly or indirectly.

If Russia annexes Crimea, I see two results:
    1. West protests, but does not take any other measures
    2. West isolates Russia

In situation 1, we risk 18th Century politics. And we all know which wars came out of such political dynamics. (I'm not talking about our loved WB game! lol)

In situation 2, again, I see two possibilities:
    2a. Russia takes a paralel position agains USA+EU and attempts to join China in a new world polarization. That could lead to indirect conflicts with the West for Africa and, in pessimistic situation, direct conflict.
    2b. West gives China Russia's current political powers to further isolate Russia.

The single conclusion I can formulate from all this crazy mess is: In my everyday office I life am so mediocre towards the overall fate of the world! HAHAHAHA

What do you think?
    Take care, my friends! :)
    nic

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014