--am-- is abusing his admin rights

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by heartc, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

It´s a funny thing that everyone in this forum accusing any other guy as a cheater gets flamed heavily, while admins have a good time in throwing players out of the arena "for cheating" when their little a**es got kicked. That happened today to a former squad mate of mine, snoopx. He downed --am-- two times this evening, with 30mm, one kill from d6. --am-- did then start bitching at him that he was a cheater. Well, then he got discoed for the first time of the evening - that´s what we thought. But actually he got kicked; that became obvious as he tried to relog about 7 times, each time kicked within 1-2 seconds. Clearly no connection problem, because when he relogged with another nick, he wouldn´t be kicked. To go sure 100%, I asked him to relog with snoopx again: Doing so, he again got kicked within 2 seconds.
    Until that day I didn´t even know that --am-- has admin rights, but I was told so from two or three other players that they had to experience the same. He does have admin rights as "gungun" or something.
    Well, just let me say, this has to stop, it´s very childrish behaviour. I want snoopx to regain access to FH immediately, because he has done nothing wrong. It´s really funny that the admins here are covering known cheaters, while one of them acts like at age 13 and kicks one player on whom I won´t even want to comment if he´s a cheater, damnit.

heartc

2. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

i observed this in MA, and its not right

3. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Isn't --am-- the same guy who at the end of last ToD restricted the 262 because he kept getting shot down by them?

Malino

4. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

Just remember the FH creed: Different rules for different people.

To me -am- is no better than the 'god' guy or any other of the 'known' cheaters. I consider his acts cheating.

I wonder what's going to happen next in this place...

5. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

AM is an admin, and has the rights to kick people who's connection is too bad. In any other case he'll explain why he kicked someone. All admin commands are logged.

Last time he used such severe measures was when the guy with the extremely poor connect started to use unquotable words against the admin, and started to creade accounts with abusive callsigns.

The only thing that I can assure you - we will not allow any discussion about the qualification of admins and test users. If they were granted that rights - they deserve it.

6. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Anyway, snoopx was kicked by gungun 10 times from 21:14 to 21:47 MSK August 6. Each 50-70 seconds. It's a fakt. Explanation?

Have somebody logs of the conversation for this time?

7. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

not right in the way of what heartc states not being true, or in 't way of what am did not being the right thing to do? :D wondering, trying to assemble an idea of the situation without being fooled by information or wrong facts

greetze, Zembla

8. Usling

Usling Well-Known Member

well , i dont thust -am- ... that "might" given in the hand of someone who play in the same MA , and can get actually pissed like anyone else ?
    He restrict the 262 after he got shot down by it , well that shows alot for me !
    @Boroda
    hmm , anyway u made ur point of the "Publishing the Name of cheaters" i dont hear any other thoughts from you , and i think i have enough from this place finally . Im sure you dont care cuz there will always players here but its now a different WB then the WB i found here 2 years ago .. this all has becomes a worse place to spend time in.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2002
  9. Buzz-403

Buzz-403 Well-Known Member

I had no idea --am-- was an admin. But I will share an experience I had 2 months ago.
    I was flying a 109 and noticed an il6 climbing. I can't remember from which field but it was in pacific theatre.

Anyhow, I made a steep dive from up sun and lined up to approach from his low 6 from beyond icon range. Unless I'm mistaken, everytime I fly the il6 It has poor rear visability.

I made three consecutive passes on this con, and each time I got to D8 on it's low 6, he broke left. I'm trying to figure out how he saw me each time???

Anyhow, the con gets killed by ack, and it's --am--.
    When I asked him how he saw me on his 6, he didn't respond, so I asked if he was using blank cockpit.
    He replied to me with "Idiot"..... :(

I know Boroda asked not to discuss qualifications of Admins, but what about their attitude?

10. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

*buzz:
    i-16
    "eye-sixteen"
    not "eye L - six"

*buzz:
    mistaken.
    eye-sixteen has no canopy. so 4:30 and 7:30 views allow better six view than six view itself to simulate head movement out of cockpit.

*archer:
    bump.

11. -nicae-

this immediatly came to my mind:

dating from november 22nd, year of 2000:
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3105

not --am-- tho.

*boroda:
    kick was not due to connection. was there explanation?

*boroda:
    so i wait for radio logs to see if there was anything of abusive. if player did not do anything wrong, why was he "manually banned"? for cheats? what about investigation of logs as other cheat-suspects?

*boroda:
    you mean "we wil not allow any flames about admins", right?
    not allowing discussion is a bit opressive to freedom of speech. something exec keeps pointing out to me, even when i simply fix a dead link.

about deserving rights - ok.
    but what happened with the 262 sudden restriction on AM's part? so many gameplay issues are discussed longly before any implementation. cutting off the 262 because of his mood is something.. ummm.. how can i put it?
    no explanation was even given about this either. :confused:

12. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

very interesting......waiting for log

13. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

FH's attitude...

'Do not pay attention.' Let the cheaters do whatever they want. FH doesn't care. All they can do is tell us to not pay attention. THIS IS EXTREMELY ANGERING!

And then we have Boroda's post:

What can they expect of this community if even the admins are cheaters? Hell, this community is rotten from the root. Now I can see why FH staff didn't want to post the cheaters list. Probably because many [if not most] of them have cheated before.

I have no more hope on the staff. This place is going to hell with such leadership.

14. babek-

babek- Well-Known Member

What the f*** is going on here ?

This is a game offered by the FH-responsibles to us for free !!!

We dont pay them and they are doing a great job to keep this virtual battlefield for us open.

I personally trust boroda or rgreat or exec and if they say that they take care of problems I believe them.

I dont need proofs or lists - I just trust that they have an own interest to punish cheaters and those who abused power.

But give them a chance to check the accusations.

And dont blame them to be rotten or cheaters or so.

Thats extremely unfair !

15. -nicae-

please note aikes later response to the udawka thread.
    they told him to stop cheating, or they would take away his rights.

and i personally would trust most of our admins.
    in fact, i just dont trust am and udawka. if it wasnt for these 3 episodes..

16. -nicae-

i agree babek.

what i meant in the above post with "not trusting" is that i will think twice before beleiving they are "innocent". no.. not the right word... damn, forget it.

17. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

2 mexlife

The incident with udawka was a realy accident. His already made public apology for that (in russian-speaking forum). And it was about year ago...

18. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

i contacted the pilot and i hope he will send me the chat.log-file.

we will see.......

19. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

flaming?

hi mexlife,

you are too easy with flaming words.
    i would like to expect more of this "rotten" community...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2002
  20. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

cc, ledada....

a rotten community......

i am so tired about
    -abbusings
    -new gadgets
    -increasing this, decreasing that
    -bad beahiour
    -racism
    -little engagemant on voting for sceanrio-manager
    -no rdr-reports
    -etc...

this community goes to hell......

i think about a strike of FH-wb.......i will wait one week and watch this......maybe .......now at late hour... i will quitt fh......

it isnt funny here anymore......except ledadas movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.