--am-- is abusing his admin rights

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by heartc, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Udawka flies anymore? I would like to see him in air again. He is very nice fellow.

Btw.
    First time I came to FH I saw am bombing own field down (it was possible back then)...I got really mad at him. I didnt know yet he was an admin (year 2000 or so). Maybe there was some special reason for this.

I never wanted to argue with him...hes not very friendly person, not atleast towards me. :)

But since he is in FH team he sure has done something important for you. So calm down.

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

You can make it fun with some scenarios. When people have fun they will be friendly. :)

3. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

His left FH.

4. badboy

badboy Well-Known Member

Guys, I would like to tell something, before the discontent (however, quite understandable as it seems to me) has not gone too far.

First, I want to remind to all virtual pilots, that we talk about Free host. Concept ?Free? means a set of things - including that developers, many of which have ?admin? rights, do not carry any responsibility. Certainly, this rule was made not for the reason that some admin demonstrates of his inadequate behavior, by kicking or banning the users.

Second, looking at quickly varying ?world of simulators?, certainly there are many questions concerning the FH?s situation as sim? Yeah? too many ?things?, too long updates waiting... we all know that. But FH were and remain unique and playable free simulator. Probably, for many vir. pilots (I can also tell that for me too) FH?s conditions as modern sim, not so satisfied, like before. Probably that is one of the reasons that more and more nicks migrate from FH to other sims. But nevertheless the situation with FH, is quite normal for ?free? project, I guess.

Well, and, thirdly,-am-. I think, it is not necessary to spend so much emotions in him. In Russian-speaking forum the behavior of this so named ?admin?, was discussed repeatedly. The FH?s management perfectly knows about his inadmissible (for the admin rights) behavior. But the FH?s management makes no steps and no changes. Now, I suppose we will not force the FH?s management to report us (users) what they do and what the do not. Why? First, they are not obliged to do. Second ? just think about that - what will change, if all of you, as users will find out, why -am- remains the ?admin?, in spite of inadequate behavior? So, if they (understanding the situation for a long time) did not get the admin rights from him, so, they will do not now. So, just relax. :)

And, certainly, each of us always has option, what icon to press - FH or other simulator. :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2002
  5. esp---

esp--- Well-Known Member

for me its simple
    if --am-- had use his admins rights just for make easier play for him (removing 262 in end 45) it was completly overuse our trust - remove his admin rights!
    and let us know who has admin rights (nicknames)

6. chebi

chebi Well-Known Member

Let me show you a wonder

" If we're FREE users, we have nothing to say about behaviours of admins, I mean, if we don't paid, we can't demand anything. Even about cheaters, who are admins responsability.

Another thing is moral.... "

For the present, I have not realized at all if any (admin or not) cheat, but the choice if this one happends is easy to view. I can accept or not the situation (evet if admins are attempting to stop it) and continius in this FH or go to away.

For me, as said, is easy, meanwhile I enjoy this site I'll be here...

See you

7. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

well, well, well...
    we have a conflict here.

i don't like this talks because... just because it spoils the air of beerds.

however, since we started, i mess in to explain some behaviour lines.

first, conventional behaviour. unless i see logs, i may suppose that there were some predictiong signs. conflict situation may be seen before incident fired.

for example, when i feel the situation, i feel the balance. so i don't approach to conflict, usually. just because i don't like it. keeping someone on the edge is the thing i quit doing back in school.

be ready that chat logfile may show nothing, since actions may have been undertaken with behaviour silently.

second, as a player, being kicked constantly, i'd just change nick and theatre. day after with head calm, i'd sent a private message to him with request of explanation. if no answer,

third, keeping confidence, i'd contact boroda or uf. some higher admin. and when all the line doesn't reply, i'd show the conflict to public.

that how the business should go.

you begun from scandal (public complaint versus admin or supposed admin), and even AM is wrong, administration have predictions now. as you see actually.

in this situation, i suggest the player offended by kick to stor this thread, to contact boroda privately and to understand the situation happened together with boroda.

if it turned out that am was right, heartc should apologise publicly, as he compalined publicly.

and my personal opinion about two opponents i'll keep around me. ;)

post scriptum. don't ask aike complicated questions. his english is not perfect, his situation awareness may be absent, and getting a technical answer for political question, you may mis take (hmm, missaccept, missunderstand, misconceive, yeah, misconceive) technics for politics.

8. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

one cent

the log was asked to see if there was any abusing from snoopx towards --am-- to justify the banning like in -am-s previous kick.

9. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

i reported about that in german fh-forum:

-soppx ´s chat-log is deactivated, another pilot, which was in air at the same time has maybe the log-file....just checking them. but the threads of banning snoopx were send into privat channel (((

but i am looking for that chat-log.

btw:
    another german -fh-wb-pilot told about some nearly same expieriences with -am-....he was threatened to be banned, too, cause he killed -am- .......

no accusions w/o evidence.....but i will try to find them.

10. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Hope you consider also the case that they may show nothing because there was nothing. And if they show something, then only a player who reacts after being offended that he´s a cheater which he´s not. But I´ve never seen any rude words from snoopi, especially none which would justifieing being kicked lol.

Right, a player gets kicked for nothing and has to start a week-long "contact-procedure" to get back his nick. Nice business.
    Actually, I told you how the business went from am´s side, imho that was the scandal. I just reported it, I didn´t start it. Snoopx asked him with his different nick why he has kicked snoopx but got no reply. I then posted that threat here. As I finished and after some while I reentered the arena, seeing that the callsign snoopx was online and I asked him if --am-- had said anything to him, since he seems to be able to stay online now. --am-- hadn´t, so I asked --am-- if this shit is going to happen again or if I can delete my posting to stop further discussion on that. I got no answer as well.
    That´s how business works here.

Sorry, right in what?

heartc

Last edited: Aug 7, 2002
  11. snoopi

snoopi Well-Known Member

maby we can see --am-- ´s logs because he wrote to me on private ch
    I answered him on ch 100... so everybody was able to see my answers! but i only wrote: " lol no" and " why do you think that i am a cheater?" because i was busy with other...better cons :D

after i shot him down the third time he wrote something in rusian on the private ch and than disco (kicked)

U now the rest of the story

greets snoopi (x)

sorry for my bad english:(

12. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

I'd like to start by apologizing for my strong words. I was very angry at the situation.
    I apologize to the admins for calling -all- of them cheaters. I hold many of you in great respect.
    Archer, I see your point about udawka. I didn't know this. But well, at least he apologized (unlike many of the people here who i will not mention but you have all heard of 'em)

There is one thing that still puzzles me, from badboy's post...

I see there is something hidden from the public here. I suppose it's going to stay hidden... not a lot of hope.

Greetings,

Luis :kruto:

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i will ask AM myself after you expose the logs.

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

never mind mexlife.
    that was personal flame between badboy and am. both stated that opponent is totally and obviously wrong, both having adherents. no use to pass all the words spoken in that fight.

15. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

Admins

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

-Pilots

A few months ago... I wish I could remember the guy's name... some admin was flying under another nick name.... had an verbal altercation with some guy... after the admin was shot down... :turret:

The conversation went something like this...

"You cheater"
    "I dont cheat. I'm sorry I fly so well"
    "you're wrong"
    "no you're wrong"
    "Do you know who you are messing with?"
    "No, and I dont care"
    "Thats it your gone"... he logs out
    ...logs in a some admin I hardly see... and kicks the other guy out... then says something like "anyone else have a problem... some guy says "Yeah ME" and he got booted...
    it was CLEAR that the Admin was on a power trip.

...yet another reason I'm not here much.

Now DONT get me wrong... there are some cool admins here. BUT I dont see the admins representing an International game very well. Where are the admins from Brazil, Germany, Canada, Portugal, United States... and so on. ...the hours I fly (when I rarely fly) I almost never see one. (there was one in US a while back... was a Russian though)

...which brings me to a new question.

"How to admins get selected?" :dunno:

"Is there a list of admins?" :deal:

-hrtman

ps
    I think an admin should be nominated by and voted on by his peers... then if he does not want the power... turn it down.
    That way you're less likely to get a power trip type.

Just my opinion... that and 50 cents 'll buy you a coke.

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

Last edited: Aug 8, 2002
  16. badboy

badboy Well-Known Member

Yes, there is. Instead of some admins continuing saying they are "open for conversation".

That is funny to see like -exec- qualifies "who was wrong" and "who was right". Let me inform you only, that reminded fight between me and -am- in Russian forum was because of exactly the same situation: -am- was kicked the user (who is Russian and that is why all the flame was in Russian forum. That user was not me and not the friend of mine).

More than that - do you still expecting reasonable explanation from -am-? Well, wel, so - good luck to you, guys :ass: But just take in mind that -am- never explains his behavior with reasonable words or arguments. I, sure, could translate for you some of his "tipical" answers, so you will take the imagination about -am-'s style of conversation...but ... I guess, after that you will not be so happy and this will continue as real conflict.

There was the advise "if you are kicked - stay cool and calm, change the nick and go to other arena". Nice idea, -exec-. WTG. It is definetely difficult to me to suppose where FH will come with ideas like that one.

I said several times in Russian forum and I repeat it here - I really do not understand WHY the user may be kicked just because of "admin" thinks he is the GoD.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2002
  17. mcosta

mcosta Guest

hiya there folks. I could not let this one die without a little comment from me.
    It's been a while since i log into FH, but I think nothing has changed much...

Exec, you know that logs can be faked. To delete the lines refering to that private conversation is very easy, and will not leave any trace.
    This situation is basically a "my word against your word" one. It can only be solved by checking the server logs.

I personally don't like am. He's only of the last persons I'd ever give admin privileges, even if I was the server owner and he was my neighbour.

I don't like his attitude and behaviour. He is one of those guys that cannot be shot down without shouting right after "cheater" or some low level insult.

To be honnest, I was indeed surprised to learn here he was an admin. I was not surprised by these "so called" problems with him.

My 2 euro-cents,

mcosta

18. Platy

Platy Well-Known Member

Steals mcosta's 2 euro-cents

:D

19. Vagal

Vagal Member

Hi all!
    I?m coming back after a one month brake just to see how things are going on and, unfortunately, they seems the same.

I stopped playing exactly because the abusing in the game. I was one of the many victims of AM and experienced several cases of cheating. To the contrary of some want to believe, there is a lot of cheaters in this game. They are well spread over several squadrons and they are almost a style of some Western Europe Squads.

The most spread cheat seems to be the change of the rate of fire of the guns, or at least they are the easier to recognize since the cockpit cheat is hard to be aware of.

I?m not exactly anger about that, since it?s a free game, but sure I?m very disappointed for loosing the opportunity of having some fun and honest contests. Well, it seems to be the price to pay for free games and talking about prices, I?m sure everyone knows the adage: ?We get what we pay for?. In this case, not very much IMHO.

Anyway it always amazes me to see people complaining about honor and ethics in FH. Dos anybody remember that FH IS a hacked game? How can you call for ethics when the key of the game overruns it?

I opened my wallet and saw that I actually can spend U$15 per month so I?m gone for AH. That?s my suggestion for you all. The game is better and the environment is healthier.

Take care of yourselves.

PS.: Lets see how much time this post will last before being deleted

20. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Oh my god, will you guys get a fucking grip on yourselves? Again someone that says, hey they cheat because they changed the rate of fire... well how the fuck will you know? If a 190 hits 50 20mm in you in 1 second that's actually not that impossible, it's mostly because of netlag 1 and 2 because of the combined rate of fire of 4 20mm cannons... please, quit the senseless argumenting, if you get shot down too often start changing your flying style and thinking how to improve it, and THEN maybe start checking logs, because if everyone you run into is a cheater, you're probably just someone with a "loose stick"...

And give names dammit, stop doing those lame accusations of: I know who, but I won't tell... it's horrible... and western european squads... do you realise you've just named 1/4th or something of the current FH community by that? Do you realise how pointless and bad generalising this is for the morale, community and the way people look at you?

Yes I know I'm harsh, but I'm damn pissed off at the 1000th person with exactly the same message over again...

greetze, Zembla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.