The day arrived. Farewell.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -haupt, Aug 14, 2002.

1. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

I love to remember this server about 6 months ago. The only fights were in the air and always fun. Dangerous but friendly sky at the same time, the best place i could use my spare time.

But lately it got different, im getting and watching having much more stress like never had in any other online comunity. Its no longer fun anymore for me.

I feel really sad. I dedicated lots of my time for this game, i love a dogfight, i love to meet great virtual pilots from who i can learn a new lesson every day, every sortie.

This free server gave me this great oportunity. Thanks Aike, developers, admins and every pilot.

For the ones i had personal problems i ask you guys to forgive me if i said something u dislike. Probabily got stressed and lost control.

I ask you to sincerely forgive my mistakes. I recognize that i did many times, im not perfect. But i hope we can turn over it.

For me, i got only friends here, also the ones i had problems i consider as friends because they were honest defending their points of view trying to show me where i was wrong and i did the same. I will not take insults with me, i understand they came in a overstress situation the same way i did.
    So its all lessons that enemies dont share, but friends with different ideas. Well, thats how i see it.

Im not saying that i will never come back, i dont know how long but i just feel that i really need a break. Im leaving the game, but not the friends.

Was a honor to fly with you all.

Bye

2. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

i hope in few weeks u miss all this stuff and solve ur problems.... so u com back with new batteries :)

GL!

3. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

Ive done same thing in last 2 weeks, was well worth it

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Argh not again, why is it always a JG13 member I see leaving? I mean, anybody can fuck off, except my squaddies...

Sjees, just come back, well at least to participate in scenarios from time to time...

Never forget the mediteranean raids on F13 F14 and then on the old med F13 too... :)

ciao amigo... have fun, hope to see you again

greetze, Zembla

5. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

JG13 was a good squad, and I'd come back anyday

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Are you sure, haupt? If you are, ok, i respect your decission (what else could i do?), but don't forget you may count on some people here. A pleasure to know you, and a honour to fly beside you (few but happy times :super: )

THX

7. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

haupt, due to some personal matters, I have taken a month and a half break, when I came back..... I saw the lack of friendship you're talking about. What I did was to start buffing. Now I nearly only do bomber missions, a completelly different look.

I hope you will come back some day. You're one of the persons that made this game interesting and fun to me. Thanks for that. Without you this won't be the same. Come back soon, friend.

8. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Tchau cara, ve se volta logo, minhas aulas contigo nгo terminaram... e qdo vier a Poa ve se liga viado!
    :cheers:

9. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

Qualé haupt! Nem vem com essa... se eu não te ver na arena fim de semana vai ter...

Mas sério cara, dá uma volta, tira umas férias disso aqui mas volta, volta mesmo... é sempre bom relaxar e depois voltar com tudo.

Refresca a cabeça, sente a saudade e volta voando ;)

10. JUANO

JUANO Member

I am the problem

Yeah! :dunno: Everybody must knows that other day i was joining with Haupt using Battlecom (it was first time). As you can read, my english is pathetic, and i think this is the real reason why he goes away.

PLZ HAUPT! :@prayer: I promise you learn english, if i will not get in 2 months i will leave, but you stay here!!!!! :director:

:dura: JUANO for ever.

God Bless you! ;=)

11. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

just checking in to say hello. i left about a week ago. just after by-tor did. as well as a alot of other decent pilots prior to him. haupt, i had some nice missions with you as haupt or pirado or hans. i also had a few minor verbal battles as well. i tossed those quarrels out almost emediately. i wish you well. but i must also state that FH is losing some decent pilots rather quickly and some very dedicated ones at that. i see the seats are filling up around me on the retired bench from WB. salute all FH pilots that i respect andsome others who fly in a decent manner. i am glad to have flown/battled with you all. and salute to my old squad "elite" carry on gents i will hold many missions to my heart and mind forever :) and thanks for all the hard work and effort FH admins, developers, owners. good luck in your future endeavors.

bullet out.

p.s. tis serious fla and nic. i'm out my friends going to miss shootingat you guys especially and being shot down from you also. best wishes to you. as well as all.

12. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

what's happening to this community?

Well... I'm afraid it's can't be called a community anymore :(

I was here when things started to collapse. I'm quite new to FH, but I think I joined when things were "almost normal".

I saw the verbal fight everyone mention, the accusations and the bad behaviour of many many pilots. And when I thought the things were starting to normalize, all started again.

You guys can't be serious. You are just leaving without fight? Fight to keep this community united and polite as early? This isn't right!

For each bad (in terms of sportsmanship and behaviour) pilot we have at least three good! So why this three good just ignore the bad one and keep the live well along the others?

You guys are just doing what the bad guys want: leaving and making this community just another one in the net. The best revenge would be stay, fight, and rtb ;)

Come on guys, don't leave this community! Make the golden days come back!

United we can, and we will

13. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

I was here in the high days of FH I guess, some while ago, I'm not new anymore, but that doesn't matter, if I see now all leaving... I'm not sure if these aren't my last fumes I'm running my engine on right now... :(

I'd really love to see your nicknames in those campaigns in the air again... if it's more of a push factor than a pull factor just ignore it: I'll be doing the job of "general of the red fighter fleet"

greetze, Zembla

14. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

3 days to scenario and u leave?

15. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

bad news

hi haupt, hi bizerk,

i probably understand the reasons, why you leave.
    it is a major problem of this game, that it is good enough to provocate strong emotions (of course that is also a bonus). beside any factual discussion about new planes, rules, cheats we should never forget, that it is still a game. i really don't like the hyper-nervous and aggressive chatting in radio during gameplay, but in regard of those emotions i can understand, when it happens after hot combat. the more as there are many languages involved and there is only one line of text-buffer every time. in the near past there has been an increase of repetitive or more customized flaming while online. i don't know why, but i do know, that it will be a temporary syndrome. because it needs big effort having continously fun in thinking only negative for a long time. so hopefully things will level out soon in the arena.

this forum is another point... thought originally as a place to discuss the game it has become also a forum for many discussions beside warbirds. a lot of statements here are disgusting for me, but there are not many ways to get rid of them.
    it is a forum!
    and a big one, not in numbers, but in views and attitudes.

i try hard to separate between arena and forum, and not to regard anyone for what he said in the forum (not always successful). if it is too difficult, i try to reduce the pilots online to what they really are: dots on the screen, until things normalize again!

but after a while the dots get their image back, i have made of their respective pilots, mostly positive first.
    so, if you both (and others) have lost fun in playing, i feel very sorry about it. i know, you once had it...
    and if you ever feel the hunger again, don't think twice, and come back!
    don't mind what is written (except the good words :) ), better think of the ever-blue sky of warbirds. it is the perfect illusion of the only way to fight: virtually!

16. thomba

thomba Well-Known Member

all said,
    thx, ledada and wtg.

JG 13, it seems they found a new airbase on AH.....

17. hrtman

hrtman Well-Known Member

haupt

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

-Haupt and pilots

I only bumped into you briefly in the arena... but you seem like a great guy :super: and a helluva pilot. :flyer:

I know you will be missed.

I too have been in a similar situation... I got pretty frustrated and left... came back and left. Now I pretty much just come in for a fix every once in a while. :turret:

...and to be honest. I believe the arena has been WORSE each time I have come back. Too many :ass:

I have sugestions to make this a better place. ...but I dont feel like I would be taken seriously here because of where I live. :eek:

Well... I hope you come back and check it out every once in a while like I have... (sugestion: tune ch100 to another channel lol ...it works wonders :p ) ... if you'd.. I'd cover your six.

-hrtman

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

18. okitel

okitel Well-Known Member

Haupt man,

Sorry to see you go. :( Hope you come back soon. As for me, I've been going through the same thing lately, but decided to stick around and be as much of a pain in the ass as I can. :D

Freehost can't beat us man. Best of luck to you, and hope to see you around soon :cheers:

--ok--

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Because 228ShAD pilots quit silently without vain and demonstrative emotions. Just an application "please transfer me to 228ShAD reserve".

Sigh that people leave, but why to slam the door?

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Haupt, who will i dance now with? now Nina is gone too :( Pls, make her return :p