Cheating paranoia is epidemic?!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Boroda, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

http://ilyushin2.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=969

It's from an IL-2 Shturmovik forum. Some quotes from Siggi:

As I have mentioned before, I have long suspected that Viks and the Russian punk contingent of his have had access to obscure cheats since the beginning.

What this new news suggests is that the development functions built into the game by Oleg have gotten out into the Russian Il2 community and are being exploited by the Russian punks. Actually I think it's been going on since the start, it's just we're hearing about the details for the first time. It would explain so much...Vik's incredible ability to make his plane and guns do what NO OTHER PLAYER'S CAN!

Question is...does Oleg know? Is it possible he gave codes to Viks during beta-testing? He has certainly backed him up over the engine cheat etc which, considering his passion for historical accuracy, has always bemused me.

Whatever, there is no doubt the Russian squad =FB=, headed by Viks, is a squad of abject cheats. Console-code malarky explains the whole deal perfectly as far as I'm concerned. Wankers. No...more than that...scum.

=========

It follows that as Maddox is a Russian company the codes would work only on a Russian keyboard layout.

Some symptoms are clearly recognisable... The last sentence made me ROTFL ;)

Another proof that any above-average pilot can be called cheater. And real Aces like the guys from FB will always be baited by loosers like Siggi.

2. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

:@prayer:

4. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

I guess it means he's an extraordinary pilot :D

5. -nicae-

he is :)

6. Flubby

Flubby Well-Known Member

Lol

If some calls me a cheater its honorable for me :D

cu flubby

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I too was accused of cheating a couple of weeks ago. Never thought it would happen to me lol. Well, come to think of it, it was really only a matter of time. :D

8. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

You have that cheat that teleports enemy wingmen to your 6 :D

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Damn, I've been found out! :eek: Okay mekh, seriously now I promise I'll try as hard as humanly possible to refrain from ever using that cheat in your or your wingy's presence again. :(

10. seahawk

seahawk Well-Known Member

I remember Viks when I played long ago...Yeah he was really good at furballs with his p39 (I think?).

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

I'm with you guys.
    Vik-s is an extraordinary pilot in his P-39. I actually felt honored after being shot down by him after a good fight. :)

S! Vik-s, and we hope you come back. :)

12. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Boroda, allthough the comments of Siggi are extraordinary dumb, I´m really not sure if you should talk about "cheating paranoia" as long as covering known cheaters on this server is official FH policy.

And I don´t believe that cheat cockpit is the only possible cheat right now: Snoopx was accused of cheating by -am- in connection with gunnery issues. I recieved an email by rgreat clearing things up a little bit and it turns out that -am- might have mixed up snoopx with another person, but because it was about gunnery I believe that the real cheater is able to initiate gunnery cheats, or why should have -am- be so aggressive if FH would have a protection since some time against those cheats, like it was said before?

Regards
    heartc

13. -nicae-

you can only defeat viks' p39 if you know its him from the first bounce your 109 throws at him. otherwise you are dead after the first attack ;-)

14. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

vik-s cheater!!!!!!!!!!! must be true;)
    he cant fly better then me;)) :joystick:
    bad joke
    anyway
    vik-s are one of greatest sim flyers whichone im meet.
    Killed by him after long fight are better lesson then take couple kills in furball

<S> vik-s

15. Boroda

Official policy is that noone can be called cheater unless we are 110% sure he is.

Conserning Snoopx case: AM and Aike are analising that accident and hunt the nasty bug in the server code. If Snoopx is a cheater - in his place I'll share his experience and join the dev team. ;) So far they are not sure what happened. Log files look really funny.

Heratc, tell me what do you want. Do you want us to fight "cheaters" or to leave strange accidents as AM vs. Snoopx as is? What is your creative motivation? i understand that you want revenge against us, but you'd better go blow up some nazi supply train as a real partizan then keep baiting the developers.

I really LOVE that "people's revenge" type of person ;)

Again: my ICQ and mail are listed in forum personal info. If Snoopx speaks English or Russian - he is welcome to contact me. Unfortunately AM's English isn't good enough for personal explainations...

16. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

So every developer is a cheater? :p

just kidding ;)

17. Boroda

Sure ;)

All developers and beta-testers are official cheaters, and I hope they are the only people who really cheat ;)

They are allowed to use not approved flight and gunnery models. I hope you understand why ;)

18. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

My creative motion? O.K. As you try to let me look like a dumbass, here I´ll post a creative message I recieved from one of the FH crew:

Now people might understand my previous posting better and quickly the "strange accident" -am- vs snoopX doesn´t look all too strange any longer, does it?

snoopi (wbde) = snoopx (FH) but not snoopy
    I can understand if -am- got a little tricked by that - and as far as the funny logfiles go - why not show them to us, let´s share the fun. I don´t think snoopx gave any other reason for being kicked except having the "wrong" nick.

heartc

P.S. Will snoopy join the dev. team now? j/k

19. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

Sure :p

20. -nicae-

wwwoooooowww!! i need to add this one to my sig!! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.