why i removed life limit

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by grobar, Aug 19, 2002.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

The problems plagued us from the beginning. some people landed safely, but were not let to take off anymore, others bailed outside their territory but could roll, third apparently died but still could roll, discoed at runway are dead, etc., etc.

But what made me remove life limit was the discovery (thx nic!)that it very easy to cheat the system. Simply type .clear and -puff- - you have never ever died!

I cant say did anyone yesterday use it however. Nor I think it is wise the community to make witch-hunt.

One is certain - the maxlives system needs major revision by developers before it is used again in scenario. It must be made to have separate counters from stats (actually i thought it is like this until now)

2. truckk

truckk Well-Known Member

Hi grobar, tryied to reach you by e-mail, but i had some problems, so i will post here!
    I think that nest time there should be more time for subscriptions AND you should enlist some helpers (2 or 3 each side) these helpers would control the players by staying on tower, checking roster so people that were not supposed to be there would take off, they could also help you by xontroling traffic sending PVT messgaes to wing leaders (i was kind of lost reading 2 channels and trying to calm down my CO after a discussion with august).
    One of my squaddies, desert, asked me to post here some of his wishes for the next event. Transport flights (pilot landed or bailed at F6 should "get in" a JU-52 piloted by a third player in order to take off from F7, or this ju could be loaded with 2 engines or some fuel to help a field that is isolated because of a broken bridge.
    And some other is to assign the tasks to existing squads, so AFVS would CAP F6 and VF-1 would attack F11 and so on, this way there would be less "sparks".

3. Amouse

Amouse FH Beta Tester

MUST be fixed

4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

i dont think many people would like to stay twr

i was trying to do their duty, but actually very few information was reported by units to allow me to deliver back information and decisions :(

Next time i`ll make very detailed instructions to majors about reporting!!!