International Forum pls English

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by gghost, Aug 22, 2002.

1. gghost

gghost Well-Known Member

Many guys use international Forum in their own language, i think it should be only in english, so everybody can read and answer... :znaika:
    Thx :director:

2. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

agreed

3. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

neg, this is international. spanish, brazillian, german, etc

there is russian forum, and there is international

BUT, i do belive if topic started in english, to finish in english
    started in german, finished in german

that just my opinion

4. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

International :deal:

All languages alowed

And if someone doesnt speak english is because he wants to communicate with his mates, in his own lang.

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

tho archer didnt want to make a seperate subforum for portuguese. so i dont blame those who dont speak english.

what we could do is put country letters ahead of each subject to indicate its language. for instance, "[pol] nas ne dogonjat" for a polish thread :)

6. lemmie

lemmie Well-Known Member

Was ist das, gghost? ;)

Lem

7. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

I understand better some Brazilians in portuguese than in english :D .

When I want to talk to an Spanish or Brazilian guy (or to spaceb or mexlife... AFAIK the only ones from Argentina and Mexico... :D ) I do it in spanish, however, I usually make a translation in english, so that everybody can understand it. However, if it's just some joke or thing I want that person to understand, and to go in that thread... I will say it in my own language.

I feel that separating in sub-forums every nation would be a loss for the International communities, I don't want to loose the Brazilian guys, german guys, or whatever, and I don't want to read 10 national forums.

I think that if someone posts here ALWAYS in his own language only, he should be told not to do so, but I don't care not to understand what a polish guy is saying to another country mate in one post over 10 or 20 that polish guy writes. In those times I think, well, if it's written not in english.... then it's not meant for me. In an english thread, I can accept without problems one or two or three posts between people of the same country in their own language, I would only say : "please translate", if the discussion was lost to a language most players couldn't understand.

So, my opinion is, if one user usally posts in english, and some day does it in his own language, perfect for me (better if he translates an posts the same text in his own language and in english), but if he only posts in his language (I think nobody does this yet), then he should be told not to do so, if in a discussion in forum, one posts a single post in his own language, perfect for me, if a language other than english monopolizes a thread that begun in english, then I would say they should be told to translate it.

I think that one of the great things of this game is learning from people of other countries, and share experiences, discussions, opinions with them, and there should be only one International forum, not 10-15 national sub-forums....

8. -Kong-

-Kong- Well-Known Member

Brazil rox!
    Portuguese rox!
    Eu rox!
    Agente rox!
    Divina Inspiração rox!
    Warbirds Rox
    Free Host Launcher rox!
    :D rox!
    :@popcorn: rox!
    :zzz: rox!

9. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Masz nasrane w glowie kolego.

10. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

:mafia:

Perdomo, all my skills in english come from FH;) still poor but thats true.
    I come here 1,5 year ago, earlier only listen americans songs;)
    My main foregin language was russian;) 9 years in school, secound german 4 years in high school.
    I understand russian language when im talk with somone, since EU close our borders for russians i dont use that language anymore.
    Never like learn german /sry German members its not offense, hard language for me/ , never use them, but understand couple words;)

Even tigrao learn simple words in english:)

imho
    if somone wonna be in flightsim comunity on any host , must learn english. Most of /all?/ flight sims works on english interface.
    Wright brothers build first airplane:)
    English is international language for all pilots in RL, try to finde pilot modern planes not using english.

Time to increse skills guys:)

Its good too, offend others in that language whichone he cane understand:)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2002
  11. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

i agree with gghost...

i think, international means: this part of forum is to be read for everybody. i always regarded the russian forum as a historical part, like "it started with it".
    i really enjoy a lot the international character of fh, and english is nothing more than the most common base for discussion-language.
    it should be no question, that nobody is to blame for bad english. if i ever joked about that, take my excuse (i never wanted to laugh at the author for his english). if someone does not know, how to say it in english, it is the first task of all forum-members to help! but everyone should at least try it.
    let's be international, i want to read everybody's opinion here :)

generally i think the same for radio channels 100-103. but i like the different languages a lot, and because the "chatting"-part in the game is not so important, i think it is nice. it is not nice, when strategic elements, radar-hints, warnings and so on are not given in english during the game. even brazilian tigers can do it :D

12. Desert

Desert Well-Known Member

Hi, I disconcordo totarmente this idea for usar only english linguagem.

Eu like tb de começar a write a texto in Ingles e finishar em portugues :D ahuahauhauah

13. ramzey

ramzey Well-Known Member

looks like new age of VF-1 squad maners:( /i dont type brazilians, bicose i hope/trust not all brazilians like that, even i know couple/

guys whats wrong with u? to many hours played quake?
    time to rest? go to med. doctor? psyhiatrist? or grove up?

moderator?
    with respect
    ramzey

14. Desert

Desert Well-Known Member

sorry but i cant understand all you msg but i respond only i understand :)

I am crazy
    and i play quake to:D

15. -haupt

-haupt Well-Known Member

Neg.

Alberto Santos Dumont did.

ahh... but nevermind.. who cares... :)

16. truckk

truckk Well-Known Member

Hi ramzey, VF-1 has some very experienced players, in fact most of our members have some years of WB...
    What is wrong with our SQUAD manners? There was just a member and be sure that desert was warned for this message.
    I personaly do not like FPSs i rather play X-COM Apocalypse.
    Thanks for not extending your complains to other brazilian players and for keeping sarcasm level up and agression level medium to low :D :D !
    All that desert needed was two XO shouts at his ears, and you do not need the moderators for this kind of easy job, next time any of VF-1 members annoy you or your friends let me know, you can find me here truckk@uol.com.br.
    We are trying to build a reputation here, but not this one you are acusing us of :D , so next time tell me the names and if possible send me the link to whatever they did and be sure they will be punished, that applies to everione, including me! :D
    Thanks for the information.