New Engine Model

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by okitel, Aug 24, 2002.

1. okitel

okitel Well-Known Member

Salute!

Due to the fact that Reds have a significant advantage in speed right now and the fact I have given up on having the Me-262 coming out at the correct time, I request the following:

1.Please during the next a/c update give the golds an aircraft with the same speed model as the F4U-4 or P-51D. We all know that all the flight models are butchered in this game in the interest of "Fairness". Fine if that is the way it has to be, give us a comparable piston engine fighter.

2. I suggest that fighter be the Ta-152, or place the new engine model in the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D9.

3. In regards to the Me-262, we all know that it will never be allowed to come out on time. If Reds do not like the Me-262, release the Me-262 , except limit the number of them available per month or something like that.

4. If that is not acceptable, release a british jet fighter for the same period the Me-262 is out.

Thank you,

Otto Kittel (--ok--)

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

dora outruns them both currently ;)

3. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Hint: use some ACM instead of just speed and you'll forget about Ta152 ;)

4. gghost

gghost Well-Known Member

I by myself really looking forward to see TA152 at FH!

But i dont see a reason to correct Engines...
    This is a "simulation" and not Quake!!!
    If you get into a fight from low alt, you are the viktim, not the attacker...
    I fly the 190a4 even in late war, when p51 is already out!
    All you need is alt!
    If you have data about engines used in RL then it really should be correctet, but how it is, its fine in my eyes.
    greets gghost :super:

5. okitel

okitel Well-Known Member

Salute!

I never said anything about haveing trouble killing them. ;) I just want a fair game. Yes, Nicae, the Dora CAN out turn the F4U-4 and P-51D. But, when most red pilots know this also, they DO NOT turn. They extend and escape. Nothing can be done if they run. The Dora is left standing at an engagement on the deck. If the is situation is reversed, the Dora pilot has no chance to escape an engagement on the deck.

I guess my point is, should a Gold pilot have to work harder to win in a deck engagement than a red?

6. okitel

okitel Well-Known Member

Salute!

gghost, I agree completely that this is a simulation and not quake. The reason I ask for this change in engine model is, in RL the Axis would have the Ta-152. In FH we do not. The admins seem set on giving us a/c better suited for fighterbombing missions the ACM. The Me-410 series? I mean come'on. The Bf 110 G2 series is all the twin engine fighter the Axis needs. And in the mean time the Reds get a/c like the La-7 and Typhoon? Now I know that during the next update Gold is getting the Ki-27 Fighter a/c. I have no idea how that will go, but I have also heard that the Reds are getting the Hawker Tempest soon. It will be interesting to see how the two compare.

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Ta-152 only really got into its own at very high altitudes and was a rather mediocre performer at medium and low alts. Seeing as a plane's high alt performance is just about meaningless on FH, why even bother? :confused:

8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

well, instead of changing or adding aircraft, perhaps they should put ratios of aircraft of both sides (the way it was in real life) the way it should be. the axis side should have fewer and fewer aircraft as the was goes on??? lol geeeez, i mean, take a look at the score pages and tell me what you think!? what is it that ricky recardo used to say when lucy would screw up?? it is what i say when i read some posts. lol

9. Red Ant

Oh another thing. Dora turns better than stang? :confused:

10. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Red Ant,

I can tellyou fly red!

Only a red pilot would say, " Seeing as a plane's high alt performance is just about meaningless on FH, why even bother?"

See, I spent a ToD perfecting High alt attacks. That is one of my best techniques. The TA152 would be like an answer to a wet dream. Frankly it can't get here soon enough, nor can the jet get more time online soon enough. And when a bomber climbs to 32,000 feet the TA152 is just what the Gold Doctor ordered.

So give with the TA152. I will make use of it.

11. hemuli

hemuli Well-Known Member

Pierre Clostermann wrote in in his latest book: "The 190-D was a BETTER performer than P-51D or Tempest, overall."

hemuli

12. Red Ant

LOL, gimme a break you genius! :p Yes, I AM flying for red, HOWEVER, usually the first thing I do after taking off is climbing to 20 kft. The trouble is I rarely find anyone else up there, so after a while I'll get bored and descent to 12 kft or so, hoping to find me a bandit there. Only to end up getting jumped by a high bandit that I somehow failed to detect while I was at coalt (or above him). Grrr... how annoying. :mad: lol
    Anyway, my point was that I would LOVE to see much more air combat at higher altitudes but unfortunately I doubt it'll become a reality, since FH's quakish gameplay character (especially the ridiculous spacing between the airfields) simply makes spending lots of time to grab some alt pointless when virtually all lof the fighting is going on down in the mud.

13. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

AFAIR most fights at New Guinea map took place between 20 and 30 kft ;)
    It would be great to have quake small med on MA and 2nd arena with really big maps, historical planesets and short icons...
    (forgot to add: no field capturing, only strategic goals)

14. -nicae-

ehem

out-RUNS!
    doras maxspeed at sea level is higher than any other red plane.
    maxspeeds may not be that accurate, but it shows correctly the relativeness between planes. there you can see which is fastest.

faster than dora only 262 ;)

15. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Ta152

About the Ta152.

There were two main models of the Ta152. The Ta152C-1 or C-2, or the Ta152H-1 or H-2. The only difference was that the C model was built for low altitude (attacking fighter bombers), and the H was built for high altitude (fighter interception). Neither was a bomber interceptor, its 2x 20mm cannons made it rather impotent againt them. I do believe one model was outfitted with a 30mm MK108, but even then it was a fighter attacker.

All it really was was a souped-up version of the Fw190D9 or D12, with a new number and Tank in front, not Focke Wulf. I would use it, but I am afraid it comes out very late in the war (early 1945). And hell, its mid 1944 now and I still use Fw190A4 clean :). I'll switch to Dora soon :)

Later

AFI

16. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

No, it turns a bit worse. It's a little bit faster, but it loses more speed in turns than the P-51 does. The 190D is really not all that impressive in WB2, it feels even more sluggish than the 190A4 does.

17. okitel

okitel Well-Known Member

Salute!

As a Focke-Wulf Fw-190 jock, I can tell you that the 190D is better at ACM then the Fw-190-A4. But, the 190 series WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR ACM. Speed is the major factor. I am a pilot who enjoys the realism of returning alive from a mission. Speed is life.

Nicae informs me the Focke-Wulf Fw-190D is the fastest a/c on the deck, second only to the Me-262. It's been awhile since I had a 190D on the deck. So I will have to wait till the 190D comes out this ToD to put my two cents in.

18. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I don't agree at all.

190 was designed to be extremely maneuverable at usual combat speeds. Which it is.

19. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I don't agree at all.

190 was designed to be extremely maneuverable at usual combat speeds(over 400kmh). Which it almost is in FH.
    Only thing 190 misses is its rollrate of 190degrees/sec.

20. -nicae-

when you take her for the ride, be sure to pay close attention to your and the enemies energy state.

the most dangerous i found was a diving f4u4. if you manage to get on a stable chase, you will outrun even him. slowly, but you will.