168 Wish list.....

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Sep 18, 2010.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

These are items, not necessarily aircraft modeling or new aircraft but, are things I've thought of.

1. Cause bombs/ordinance to break away/fall off due to excess speed or G forces:
    When traveling with external ordinance, all aircraft have speed limitations in their respective operations manuals.

2. Allow aircraft gunners to shoot while on the ground. This would make things VERY interesting when closing a field and capturing it. :D

3. Tracers should be seen coming from jeep ack and aircraft based gunners in 3D by other aircraft pilots. As it is now, in 3D mode, as a pilot, there are no visible tracers from jeep acks or gunners on bombers/transports/rear-gunned fighters. (being worked on currently).

4. Bombs should kill paratroopers and commandos. Bombs destroy every hard structure and aircraft/ground craft, but have no affect on cloth covered people. Wonder how many people would start carrying bombs more often? :deal:

5. Crash when ditching in water. I'm aware many pilots ditched their aircraft in the seas but, what was their outcome with no rescue?

6. Ability to see who's flying and who's in the tower. (When flying in Air Warrior, long, long, ago, before WarBirds,) when typing a roster request in-flight, you would get a list of who was in flight and who was in the tower/conference.
    Example:
    .ros
    Report:
    Reds: 25 in action, 5 in tower / Golds: 25 in action, 5 in tower

7. Private dueling. Well, this was a great feature in Air Warrior that I miss. When in the tower, you would type for example: ".duel =ALW=". I would then type: ".accept". When both of us take flight, you wouldn't see anyone else except the other person being dueled. This would then reset to normal upon bailing/landing. Another feature in this mode, was that your plane would be restarted while in midair after your aircraft was destroyed, a new plane with everything as was set while in the (tower)/hangar. You would basically see the other pilot flying yet with the same new aircraft warp ahead about 800 yds. Pretty much the same thing in our TA except other people can jump in without you stopping them. Private dueling is the main thing.

8. Rear view mirrors. I know, I know. We've been through this one already. Aircraft that had mirrors cannot have a live rear view image reversed image implanted in the cockpit. The option I came up with was what I saw in Air Warrior as a simple solution. Put an area in the headrest which would have a mirror frame as it appeared on the aircraft and within the frame you would essentially see what the cockpit art would obstruct. This is ONLY a graphical image, and not a change to armor protection. Why people think changing a picture would remove armor is beyond me. :help:

9. Retain kill reward for fighter pilots. Those who get hit, and then run to apposing acks, bomb themselves before hitting the ground, or hitting Alt+F4 to deny a kill should be stopped. I'm guilty of doing it in the past and have it happen unintentionally now with insane ack settings.

10. (Similar to above.) Aircraft with otto gunners should not reward the pilot for kills. Those should be ack wheenie kills. Only kills by the pilots trigger, be it from bombs, rox, or bullets.

I may have more to add but, some of these are useful and some are just really for ideas to kick around.

2. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, stop near a respawn place and will be fun :D

Why? Water ditch is imo ok, all ditches are ok. Everytime, when my opponent land/ditch i say to myself "aim better, dude". That's all. Aim better, Alw ;)

Type .ros in the tower and you'll see that in pop-up window. And that you can't see that in the air is imo good.

No, no, no. I love killing enemy in dueling with other pilot from my side. And this is the thing why pilots started with strategy in the air, Immelman found that he is vulnerable during dueling so he started to fly with his friend Boelcke.... if you want dueling, ok, but with all risks or go to TA or go to the corner of map.
    This is the big step to arcade.

But some pilots hates mirror and removed it irl, I think the majority was mirrors free.

3. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

For point #1, why not have hung stores instead. Much more interesting to have performance inhibitors that don't go away because you were stupid.

Point #3 would be very cool, because this way I can fly all missions with no icons.

Point #5 should be more of a random crash/ditch thing. Yes, water ditching is a dicey situation, but it didn't kill the pilot 100% of the time. If it did, Bush Sr. would have never been president. ;)

Point #7 is why we have the TA.

Point #8 will just add about one second's reaction time to your bail out procedure. Otherwise it's useless.

Point #10, how do we differentiate between what is otto kill and what is a kill from when the bomber pilot mans the gunner station? Since I can't man all of the stations, and otto controls those I'm not manning, otto can still steal my kill as it were.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

ien feature. imho cannot be changed.
    however, when tried to work woth g-limits, i noticed that aircraft damage is caused at various g's depending flight weight.

ien feature. made in about wb2.70 to prevent rolling a quantity of buffs to defend the field.

yep.

will analyse.

how? server only can send pk. otherwise client won't die himself.
    now the player can only ".e" and be considered as captured or escaped.

roger

you mean these two will fall down into subdimension?

i said: give art of rear-view mirror.
    but having rear-view and mirror at the same screen is a bad idea imho.
    rear-view mirror should be the only element and it should take 40% of screen area i suppose.

scoring. will implement asap.

don't agree.
    don't try to dictate what bomber crew should do and i won't try to shorten fighter radio to 10miles and turn off map view.

5. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

Hey -exec-, if you have access to the client-side code, and can modify FMs plus a lot of other things, you may have permission to change this setting, no?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

no
    we have no client code
    only server
    and tweakers of client parameters such as guns, bombs, loads, fm data
    math inaccessible

7. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I think the program has the ability to distinguish from otto and someone who manned the gun position because I seem to remember attaching and manning a gun and seeing a strange message about "You are not present in victim's DB" for every bullet landed.

This means that the program was able to distinguish my hits from otto hits on attacker.

The trouble is that some people found a way to become invisible so the administrators included a script which required the "victim" (guy you are shooting) to be able to see you.....or your shadow.

This probably only applies to attaching though and it's possible that "you" are considered the plane you are in and that it only credits hits from non-pilot controlled guns to otto.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  8. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Bush didn't ditch, he bailed-out and from eye witness accounts the plane was still flying and not smoking. No other chutes came out.

Some think that he was ordered to bail(by his father) at a certain time so the waiting sub could pick him up. A big publicity gimmick.

Prescott Bush was a big MoFo, a convicted Nazi collaborator.

Unfortunately some planes were notorious water ditching killers.

Don't remember the ratios anymore and too lazy to do a search now.

but I think that the Brit planes were something like 1:3 chance of getting killed in a water landing. Spit and Hurricanes.

9. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

That's all fine and dandy, but the point I was trying to make is this. In bombers like the B-17, one can be engaged from a minimum of two gunner positions with a minimum of three guns trained at an incoming fighter. Since you cannot control all of the stations, and the otto may have better accuracy than you on certain occasions, how do you differentiate from that? Do you get credit for actually manning a gunner station and making the attempt to shoot down the plane, or does the bomber pilot need to directly compete with otto for kill credits?

10. looseleaf

#1, #2, #3, #4, YES !!!

#5: One has to be careful, depending on speed, atitude when contacting water, what plane and how much damage to air frame.
    One thing I want to see is that when your opponent ditches it should count as a kill for you.

#6 OK.

#7 Well.... isn't that what TA is for?

#8 rear view is a nice to have if it's not too much work, OK.

#9 YES !!!!

#10, Sorry, can't agree. Many times I would move the plane around so my gunner would get a good shot into the bandit. If my flight crew makes a kill my flight crew deserves the kill , even if it's only me.. ha ha ha...

11. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I would like cockpits without 6 view, imho is not realistic. Should be like in wb3.

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Realistic? Really now. :mafia: Do you mean not realistic that it wouldn't be possible to do or, not real life realistic? Probably 70-80% of this simulator isn't realistic. :mafia:

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

14. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Simply prefer low back views rather than this 6 view we have now. Its more like gunner position than checking ur tail. Its like driving car , u can take a look behind you , but you cant turn ur whole body with legs on back seat:)

15. looseleaf

Actually that seems the best solution.

:cheers:

16. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

I remember Franz changed this setting in WB3 at TabaHost to avoid static buffs on the ground defending fields. I didn't like it anyway, 'cause I got too many points dropping bombs in their heads :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you can't change this, thanks for the answer

17. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I wish it could be like in 1.66, when we had all plane models in late war...
    good times...;)

18. looseleaf

I wish there were several phases or arenas of FH playing:

One scene where the rps goes through chronologically each fighter and buf.

Only one version for both sides. So each side gets the same fighter, same buf every map/TOD.

I wish that all options for each aircraft was available, just before take-off.

Something like Aces High (sorry for naming brand-X).

I wish that CV had player option acks and cannon.

I wish there were 50 players minimum online every time I get the chance to play.

Maybe even if they were AI server players.... like offline WB had...

;)

19. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I remember WB3 had some amazingly aggressive AI fighter scripts.

I wonder if the scripts would work in 2.77?

20. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Hey, leave something for later versions!!:)