168 Wish list.....

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Sep 18, 2010.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

That's a good point. IF we are interested in balance by moving RPS release dates, I think the G should come out earlier, halfway between the F and J, and at larger fields (?). It seems we have a situation where people want aircraft available when they are comparable to other aircraft but, this has been discussed to death before, the P-38 has been under-modeled, even for it's release dates in WBFH.

The F has had a very difficult time performing and competing against all axis aircraft till the J comes out so, having the G show up between the F and J has always been something I've been looking forward to. Not sure how it will all work but, when testing the G, it performed in my view more like what the F should. :rolleyes: But, I'll hold my ongoing debates in hope that the P-38's will be seeing improvements to the obvious problems with noticeable changes to existing variants with a new variant (P-38G).

I'm aiming for historical accuracy/gameplay fairness. :duel: :D

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

if we would set all dates to balance, we'd put yak-1 an lagg-3 on 1940 to compete emil on equal basis. yak-1 and lagg-3 are not quite challengers for friedrich.

also, if you could notice, fw 190 a-4/r6 had rockets. but rockets appeared in summer of 1943, while fw 190 a-4 introduced in summer 1942.
    so we moved rockets to fw 190 a-6 (1943) for rockets have more or less historical date.

as for conversion of 38foxtrot to 38gulf, i have no evidence of that
    http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p38_10.html
    http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p38_11.html

usually Baugher carefully specifies whether model was converted
    http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p39_8.html
    http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p40_17.html
    http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p38_13.html

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

so we can set fw 190 a-6 to date of fw 190 a-3?
    or bf 109 g-10 to date of bf 109 e-1?

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Wouldn't bother me at all. Just as long as the aircraft perform as documented.

Ok, here is my opinion.
    It would be interesting to have an arena where the aircraft are released in the order they were released, rather than the handicap of performance and releases of comparable performance. Even though there are gross differences in performance between aircraft, that's the way it was. The only thing that mattered the most was speed, level/climb speed....how fast can you chase, run, or climb. The rest was just a matter of combat aerobatics and skill. Having an aircraft that flies faster didn't mean it was a better aircraft or better pilot, it just meant the pilot could run when stupid happened, like 190, 410, 110, 109, La, IL2, Macci, P39, Yak, P51, spitfire, Typhoon, Tempest, Ki, zeke etc pilots do in WBFH. When I encounter faster aircraft, I don't chase, I climb. When I encounter slower aircraft, I BnZ or rope the dope. When I encounter aircraft from which I learned experience I can out-maneuver, I turn/stall fight, because I LOVE to do that, DOGFIGHT. :mafia:

All 109s I can stall-fight, turn-fight, out-maneuver in the P-38. And using most other Allied aircraft as well.
    All 190s I can stall-fight, turn-fight, out-maneuver in the P-38. And using most other Allied aircraft as well.

Macci, some Ki's, Nik's, I can out-turn or out-maneuver depending on what I perceive upon the first merge, reading the opponent's reaction.
    I look forward to fighting 109s, 190s, Macci's. Zekes/Zeros (A6M)...not so much. Most times I can't kill them as they just leak fuel 80% of the time(lack of fuel fire is amazing). Ki61s were dangerous years back in WBFH, as they were in WWII...but then they were dumbed down, and now are easy targets, if flown. Zekes have me scratching my head when I have one chase me down and catch me in a dive or level. That's why I researched and tested the P-38 top speeds and found what I expected. Not that I wanted the zeke slowed down or dumbed down but, to have the P-38 performances corrected according to documented statistics. So, 110s, 410s I have trouble with, even though HP is less, perform better with a dead engine than any other two engine aircraft on one engine, and weigh much more than 109s or 190s. :dunno: 109s and 190s should be corrected at some point as well. Some 109s and 190s are worthless to fly that are in the RPS fly list and are rarely flown because of that.

Sorry for going into what can and can't be done by my own experience but, it's my way of explaining a situation concerning RPS schedules and the reasons for suggesting changes.

So, if certain 109s or 190s are released sooner, it won't matter to me.
    That's my view on things. :)

5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

I gotta hook you here. They're working on fixing a few things. FMs are still being corrected one by one. Once those are complete, I suspect something about DM repair will occur, with a possibility of it happening during FM corrections. So, they are getting rid of what you perceive as releasing planes of comparative performance in the RPS. They are getting rid of the planes that were "dumbed down." That's how we got the P-38 FM tweaks. That's how we got P-47 tweaks. That's why some 109 model got a work over on it's FM. That's why A6M had it's dive speed reduced.

I know working with exec can be frustrating, but he has to work with everyone. Those TGR fuckers are a part of everyone, and IIRC, are the reason all this stupid shit happened in the first place. TGR is why the P-38 got screwed up, why the 110 had it's performance "improved," why the dive speed of the a6m was increased, and a bunch of other nonsense that should have never happened. But now it's getting fixed. A return to the WBFH of the past, before stupidity happened to it, and I want to see this return to something of it's former glory. I think this is possible. They've tried WB3 mods, IL2 mods, and still have not captured what WBFH is. This is it. None better. I think the people that went away to do all those things will come back when we fix all the dumb stuff that happened.

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I see your point. But, TGR and IIRC are responsible for the mess-ups? I guess I can believe that.

7. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

TGR and If I Remember Correctly. Maybe I should be more careful with my abbreviations. :shuffle:

Anyway, in part, yes. They led the attack on the P-38 FM because antred was kicking the ever loving crap out of them, so TGR came up with some bullshit about P-38 compression at altitude as an excuse to neuter the P-38. Then there was a complaint about the Bf-110 not being quite right, and they got a super plane out of it. That's about all I can remember from years past.

Oh, and WTG rgreat! :D

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Guys, the P-38 got screwed up long before anyone knew what TGR was, way back in 2003 if I recall correctly. ;)

(Or was it 2004 ... I'm not sure).

P.S. I actually believe that by the time TGR got to be a major player in WB FH, the P-38 had already been changed back to its current, far more capable shape.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Well, around Jan 25, 2003, right before my birthday, in fact.
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11704&page=1&pp=40

In 2007, it was finally changed, but to something more bizarre. %) I think that's what mumble was indicating.

10. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Bitch bitch moan moan. ALW: You should fly a snoopy and a I-16 only. Until newer mid war planes come. Then fly MC2xx. And you would still kick most guy's asses. It isn't the plane.. it is the pilot and guys like you and that fuckin RedAnt guy are proof.
    :dura:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  11. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Why don't you just go and fly a P-38, hezey? :mafia:

Redant kicked the shit out of TGR in that P-38 even after it had been screwed up. I don't know what that says about Redant or TGR, but TGR seemed to be competent aircraft operators at the time, too. I do remember somewhere on this forum a discussion about P-38 compressability. I remember that it couldn't be made to faithfully replicate compression the way the actual P-38 encountered it, so it was normalized to something around 15k ft. I then recall that TGR had a lot to do with this discussion. I also recall just finishing up work in a different sim on the same matter, and putting in my 2p. I also recall being ignored, and then flamed to death in the thread.

Here's my theory on how this all works. Someone in the long long ago complained about the Spitfire, so it got screwed up. Someone in turn complained about the Bf-109. It got screwed up. Then someone complained about the P-38, and guess what... it got screwed up. Then the Bf-110, but it was made into a super plane. Then the Fw-190, and it was screwed up. Then the P-47 was screwed up. Then, somehow, the F4U and F6F got involved, and subsequently nerfed. At the same time the A6M was made into a super plane. There isn't a plane in the RPS that was unmolested by this chain of rather unusual and mostly undocumented, unsupported by any sort of report, string of changes.

Unless of course the posts concerning these changes have been removed. :shuffle:

I think now the devs are in the process of correcting all of this, and as they go about this business, there will be super planes. The clue here it to accept that there will be super planes until the models are corrected to spec. That doesn't mean stop giving them information about planes and go fuck off like hezey suggests. :nono: It means that FH is in a process of repair, and this could take some time to complete. Bear with it, and this can turn into the way things were before things started getting so fucked up.

12. Red Ant

It's nice of you to say that, but I never really kicked the shit out of anyone. They shot me down as much as I shot them down. That, my friend, is the truth. It's not pretty and I don't like it, but it's still the truth. ;)

13. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Yeah I shot redant down.

...Once. Since 2004 or suchlikes :D

14. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Jeezes.
    I said that Ant and ALW are fine and would be fine in any of the planes. Take it to mean I think you two are good. And a few others too.
    I have to install win7 64 again and try out the new version of FH. I hope I can do okay in the game [And the win7 locks my PCS up, I have three, all different, so I have reasons that I don't use windows anymore [wait, i see a pc that has the install windows64 running? Polterguiste?? hehe].
    Back to the sim:
    When bombs drop wild and I am missing targets that are clear and in the sites perfectly and my velocity is steady and I am slow so slow...... I miss and miss and miss targets and I ask about it, I ask "Why am I missing from any alt, any IAS with my bomb runs?", and anyone answering is guessing, not knowing what I am talking about, I had to leave.
    Pe2 was the last straw for me. I was not hitting bomb targets satisfactorily. No one told me anything about bomb scatter being a kilometer radius, which it was for me, apparently only me????
    Making a balls of my bombing runs the last couple dozen times I played. Not 100% or 95% which was how I was doing before, it descended to the pint my team mates were laughing at me.
    I quit playing.
    I had had enough.
    I have to fly buffs because I lack reaction speed and I am a bit addled as concerns PC Gaming nowadays.
    Porked bomb aiming was the last straw. [let's see if the porked bomb aiming is been made right - I am, as above, preforming the agonising two hour job of installing win vista then the agonizing upgrade to win7]
    I have grown used to being able to install a linux distro in ten minutes..... AND HAVING EVERYTHING WORK, EVERYTHING, OUT OF THE BOX [LINUX MINT ET AL]

My AC Tac was porked by my health.
    Bombing was porked though, too...... and WHY???
    So biles could get no happiness in WBFH?
    Was that why this game was fucked with so much and so wierd??
    To get me [and mac? ] sick of it we left? Recall he was loving buff too. Where is he now? MAC: Do you play anymore? Plese do, I am coming. I need you man!

I have read not much about the porked bomb aiming. It still seems it 'Only happens to you bilesy!'
    Bullshit.
    Last couple dozen times I flew, was in buffs. After my bombs going wild, I had had enough. I had no reason to play anymore.
    Has the bomb aiming been fixed?
    You all claim still that it is only ME? That I don't know how to bomb-aim?
    BULLSHIT.

Fbibble:
    Come on.

Of the players here I think could help me improve, I treasure ALW and RedAnt, mumble, the fuckin higgons guy and few others......

Don't you ever get the idea I dislike any of you. I have w ritng style, a personna here. It is not me. I am a man/boy and I want to play. Winter is coming, I have done some good work during the warm months and now Cabin Feaver is approach. I need something to do duing the 8 months of hellish winter we have 'up in Keenada...'

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Concerning the bombs not hitting their targets, I never had an issue with that part. Maybe it's your connection? Maybe slow reflexes? I haven't heard anyone else mention this as a problem. If I miss it's because I was moving too fast (I keep throttle about 40-60%), swerving to grab another nearby target or, I froze, and didn't hit the fire key, like I used to when in dogfights.

16. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I have not dropped a bomb yet. I am saving that for later.
    I have to get used to the new feel of stick. Touch n goes and drone shooting and dropping bombs. Where is the TA?

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Not sure what happened to the TA. They don't let us know about those things. :dunno:

18. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Well in the TA my buff also dropped wild.
    So oh well.
    My two buddies fled this game they went to play TH.

Fuck TH and FH should get their shit together and amalgamate and make ONE semi-legal server software so we could have some fun.
    Instead of this divide and conquer thing....
    Did IEN pay bribe to get that silly shit to go down?

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Can mumble be made superuser in TA so he can set altitudes and such?
    BTW...thanks for turning on .attach in TA. :D

.win = evidence of lame behavior.
    Who wins the wars so often and why?
    Just check the top scorers....which are not fighter related anymore.

Something needs to be done about these un-opposed wars going on in the arena.
    I know for a fact that anyone can log in twice. I know that anyone can take a bomber, close a field, and have an Li2 nearby with their second login to capture.

To remedy this, I would recommend:
    If there are 2 or more pilots logged on who are closing/capturing fields (could be one user logged in twice), and there is 1 or less user defending, the attacking side with 2, 3, 5 or more users cannot do one or more of the following:
    1. Bomb drop and HVAR disabled. (-HOST-: bomb/hvar disabled Note: Less than 2 players online)
    2. Paratroopers/Commandos have no effect. (-HOST-: Warning, less than 2 players online)
    2. Bomb/HVAR have no effect on targets. (-HOST-: Warning, less than 2 players online)
    3. Commandos/Paratroopers have no effect on targets. (-HOST-: Warning, less than 2 players online)

Right now we can't use commandos unless there are a total of 10 users logged in. But, that commando restriction isn't foolproof either. As it is right now, for example, if there are 10 Golds on, and 0, 1, or 2 Reds, Golds can use commandos, and capture fields with complete ease. That's why I'm suggesting a 2 users present and somehow restrict dual login.

Winning wars and taking over the map with no opposition is incredibly LAME to me.
    My other thought is that an opposing team may not capture more than half of the fields if less than 2 users of opposing team are on. There have been and continue to be 2, 5, 6 and more of one side of players on, bombing, capturing fields, and winning the war with no opposition. Not only that, when this is going on, if players of the opposing side being taken over show up, they cannot catch up because 95%+ of their fields belong to the other side and their few fields left are all under attack with little ability to push the war back.

I've been checking and noticed that when I log in, I see the results.
    -HOST-: Global score: Red: 4 wins, Gold: 10 wins
    I think days ago it was Red: 1 win, Gold: 9 wins.
    I really don't think the Golds can win that many wars with opposition in this short of time. It was worse last campaign I think. I've been noticing this this trend for the past month or so. :nono:

I don't really care about the winning wars or scores, I'm a fighter pilot by habit. BUT, when I show up, AND, I see the map is nearly all Gold and there are 2 fields left, with 6 Golds on, and no Reds on.....I know what happened. Lame happened. I know this goes for both Reds and Golds :deal:

20. Red Ant

I understand what you're trying to do and I kind of agree, but I'm telling you the only result of implementing those restrictions would be the permanent loss of another good sized chunk of the few players we have left. Ghosts in the machine, for instance, are mainly about bomb & capture. I'm not sure they'd take this very well.

Personally I don't really care much about the statistics. If sweeping the map unopposed makes people happy, fine, so be it. I only get really frustrated if, on top of that, at least one of the parties does their utmost to avoid any and all contact with opposing players ("Reds / golds are at F6, so let's do a sneak attack on a field at the other end of the map!"). Those tactics made sense back in the day when we rarely had fewer than 20 players on at any one time, but these days, when we're lucky to even get 6 it's really quite lame.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011