168 Wish list.....

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Sep 18, 2010.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

+1!!

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I never bother with killing jeeps until a field is closed anyway so, who can spawn a jeep at a closed field? Like I mentioned before, can't fix stupid people. If somebody is dumb enough to dive into an open field with live acks/jeeps, they deserve to get shot down. I've done that, and it was because I didn't care at the time. If I wanted to make a successful field closing mission, grab a big buff, climb, fly high, live longer. Just like IRL. :mafia:
    If I knew how to manage networks and have the server scan for multiple logins with one IP address, I'd have it setup so that the server would block any extra logins from the same IP address.

It's an obvious open channel that is easy to implement, and easy to disable/block, right? I know some people like to communicate with opposing sides but, where is the strategy going when you provide built-in communication with the enemy? :shuffle: If users want to cheat/communicate, they can be resourceful and find other means. :deal:

Have CV re-spawn where it was destroyed/captured like every field does. :dunno:

I already did that. My reason for bringing that up was that it's purpose has been preceded by technology which is quite cheap to buy now. No excuse for using 2D if 3D graphics is available for everyone, has been for many many years. My thought as well concerning 3D is that the terrain is too dark on some maps and some fields are not graphically rendered properly making it difficult or impossible to recognize or discern targets.

Gold Li2s still cause confusion for both sides. Can't the Li2 features be copied with Ju52 skin and identification?

Well, I've ditched nearly all airplanes in the game and some planes when ditched on the grass seem to like to nose over, like the spit for one. I've been killed just from coming to a stop, just to watch the plane tip over, and splat, I'm dead. :confused:

Yeah, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering those 109s, ditched often by golds can ditch at high speeds and can be dropped fairly hard in a ditch. Maybe the damage model is confused? Maybe it thinks the airplane is too high above the ground with gear extended.
    Well, my thought on this, is that mid-air collisions should be the same as ground objects. Strike a wing, it breaks off, not PK pilot.
    Umm...there were others. Lightning, Hellcat, Beaufighter, and now the Tempest is next. :shuffle:

If I could help with that, I would!!! All I can do right now is set altitude in TA, and that just made flymax/jetski convinced I'm a developer/hacker/cheater. %) (BTW, still waiting for .attach in TA only)

Well, this whole post is just a collection of issues that came off the top of my head; some which were fixed, some not able to be fixed, and some in the process of being fixed. Sorry if it seems I'm being dense.

Oh, and BTW.....can that annoying autocomplete feature on WBChat v1.1 be disabled?
    :cheers:

3. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

+1

4. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

by technical reasons global roll rate fix planned only for later is going to be added to 1.69 (at least at 1-st rough reduction) zeke's handling will be changed significantly :).
    Btw, need IRL roll rate data for F4U series and P-38 with and without boosters. In format of graph or table "maximum roll rate / IAS ".
    Something like this http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/naca868-rollchart.jpg

5. boa

boa Well-Known Member

I vote for 2d and 3d playing. Also, for chat to stay the way it is.
    I am one of those who love to communicate via pvt with another side.

BTW, Exec, come to play I have new paintjob

[​IMG]

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

As if you even participate. :dura:

7. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

@ Boa
    I don't see any reason for 2D mod. Why we still need it?
    As I remember 2D mad was called cheater mod and we all know reasons for that. Why should it still be avail when this day every one has decent computers to play only 3D mod.

@ gil---
    I don't talk about his agility. If he is over modeled on it, we all know than you can win zeke in turn fight. Zeke need less ammo to kill F4F then F4F to kill Zeke (I put 40x12mm an another pilot about 20x12mm an don't know how many 7mm and he run away with only fuel leaking from both wing) It looks like he has more armor then in RL. So I put some observation on his toughness I found on net.

The Japanese ace Saburo Sakai described how the resilience of early Grumman aircraft was a factor in preventing the Zero from attaining total domination:
    "I had full confidence in my ability to destroy the Grumman and decided to finish off the enemy fighter with only my 7.7 mm machine guns. I turned the 20mm. cannon switch to the 'off' position, and closed in. For some strange reason, even after I had poured about five or six hundred rounds of ammunition directly into the Grumman, the airplane did not fall, but kept on flying! I thought this very odd—it had never happened before—and closed the distance between the two airplanes until I could almost reach out and touch the Grumman. To my surprise, the Grumman's rudder and tail were torn to shreds, looking like an old torn piece of rag. With his plane in such condition, no wonder the pilot was unable to continue fighting! A Zero which had taken that many bullets would have been a ball of fire by now."

Due to its extreme agility, engaging in a traditional, turning dogfight with a Zero was likely to be fatal. It was better to roar down from above in a high-speed pass, fire a quick burst, then zoom back up to altitude. (A short burst of fire from heavy machine guns or cannon was often enough to bring down the fragile Zero.) Such "boom-and-zoom" tactics were used successfully in the China Burma India Theater (CBI) by the "Flying Tigers" of the American Volunteer Group (AVG) against similarly maneuverable Japanese Army aircraft such as the Nakajima Ki-27 and Ki-43. AVG pilots were trained to exploit the advantages of their P-40s, which were very sturdy, heavily armed, generally faster in a dive and level flight at low altitude, with a good rate of roll.

The Allies were thoroughly intimidated by the Zero. However, although the Grumman F4F Wildcat fighter was inferior to the Zero in maneuverability and in almost all aspects of performance, the ruggedly built Grumman could easily take ten times more punishment than the lightly-built Zero, and could also escape a Zero by going into a dive. After suffering through a nasty learning curve, US Navy and Marine Wildcat pilots learned tactics to allow them to more or less hold their own against the Zero.

While the Zero was supremely maneuverable at low speeds, its controls became heavy at high speeds, and it rolled to the left much more easily than it rolled to the right. Also, due to its float-type carburetor it tended to stall under negative gees, as would be encountered if the Zero were climbing and then had to bob back downward while remaining upright. An American fighter could escape the Zero by bobbing up, diving while the Zero's engine stalled, and then rolling to the right.

The "A6M5b", or "Model 52b", incorporated an armor glass windscreen and a fuel-tank fire extinguisher to reduce the aircraft's inclination to immediately burst into flames when hit.
    The "A6M5C" or "Model 52c" added armor plate and larger fuel tanks with self-sealing.

The Zero's lightness cut both ways; while light weight aided the plane's maneuverability, it also meant that the Zero could not absorb a lot of battle damage; nor could it dive as fast as its heavier American opponents. Also, the lightweight Zero was optimized for low altitude (below 15,000 feet) combat; above that altitude, its controls were less responsive. "Defensive" features, like armor-plating, parachutes, and self-sealing gas tanks were considered not worth the extra weight. The traditional Japanese orientation toward the attack disregarded the losses that might result from the omission of these components. As experience showed, the Zero was a flying incendiary. A few good hits in the gas tank, and the whole aircraft would explode in a ball of flame.

In the all-important matter of weaponry, the Zero's limitations could also be seen. In that era, fighting airplanes carried light machine guns (7.7mm or .30 caliber), heavy machine guns (12.7mm or .50 caliber), 20mm cannons, or some combination of these. It's important to note the relatively huge differences in the projectile size (and hitting power) of these different guns. Roughly speaking a .50 caliber slug weigh three times as much as a .30 caliber, and the 20mm was three times heavier than the .50 caliber. But, the larger the gun, the less ammunition that could be fired and the slower the rate of fire.

With two .30 caliber machine guns and two cannon, the Zero's designers sought a compromise. But perhaps the American designers made a better compromise in their selection of six .50 caliber machine guns. Too often, the Zero's light machine guns could not damage the rugged U.S. aircraft, and the slow-firing cannons couldn't find the mark.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  8. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

DM is harder to fix properly, but at least it will be easier to fill it with enough ammo. Also i think that roll rate corrections for a6m and may be early spitties along with positive in general fix of D-520 can make 109E and D-520 more popular, so zeke's DM bugs will have less affect on gaming impression.
    Untill they will be fixed.

9. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Krok uses 2d mod, it helps him to see dead acks. If someone prefers to play such ugly mod like 2d, then its ok with me. I dont see any other reason why would anyone play in 2d mod, except dead acks and slow pc . As for spotting li2 or ju52, it is easy even in 3d , with those annoying lights. But I wont make any problems if admins decide to turn 2d mod off.

As for other problems, wishes, etc, Gil has the best idea ever, to roll back to wb 2.77 plus to add our buffs. That would be the best thing fh can do now,IMHO.

10. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I kinda doubt that last one. Even back in 2003, my old PII 400 MHz was more than enough to run this game at max settings.

11. DZIVDZAN

Agree, i do it on 366MHz. I understood Boa, he is not a cheater, never been never he will be. Respect Boa. But this game need to grow to give something new, else it will die. Imo this is one of the best concept of flight sim game, but it need to remodel maybe from the beginning if it is possible. We all agree that some planes need complete dmg and flight remodeling, some less.
    When some one see of my friend 3D graphic, they lough, how I can still play this kind of game. My answer is that not all in graphic that is some is in idea, but this game need also graphic changes if we want more the 20 players in MA.

12. boa

boa Well-Known Member

lol, this 3d is still the best 3d I have seen:cheers:

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

-mart- having quick respawn of jeeps could stop any assault.
    there were some other players.
    not talking about 4 noobs with the same tactics - quick re-respawn to avoid bombs - who could be as effective as mart alone.

public announcement that player entered with the same ip is not enough for you?

will consider

earlier this option irritated someone and aike made respawn back to port.

and where is that poll?

with huge text title?!
    actually l2d caused such confusions. some tragic, they say.

why?
    and insert FM from 109 into mig, from spitfire into ki-44, from thunderbolt into 190?

you're dead, yup.

that's ien.

cannot be done

they weren't.
    only mismodelled über fixing

may be you can test terrains, that looseleaf fucked up?

hmm...

gonna see that, but that's for sure low-priority problem.

14. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Hahah.....maybe the Hurricane IA and Spitfire IA won't feel lonely. :D

15. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

WTF?????? What did I DO ??????

16. looseleaf

Is that a Styer ? DAF? cool truck !

17. looseleaf

I don't see any reason to block 2D. Some people still have older computers and some have laptops with video cards and drivers that cannot be updated.

Older desktops can still have newer video cards.

18. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Kamaz;)

19. DZIVDZAN

Then I will I donate my first PC I bought 2003 it is PII 366MHz, 128MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500 with OS Win 98SE and Samsung 793 DF monitor (you can play WBFH in 3D with no problem) if some one has kind of comp u describe it and still play this game (imo fee for shipment will be more expensive then to by used PIII and play this game). On my old PC now I can't go to net and surf, can't instal latest Browser, it is good only to put beer on it :super: In Serbia u can buy new computer for about 100-150 euros which can run WBFH in 3D. Imo ppl who pay fee to net providers and use theirs comps (kind of computers you describe it) to play only this game is a waste of money, for that amount of fee for a 6 month he can buy computer which can run WBFH in 3D mod.
    WE NEED NEW PLAYERS, with 2D mode in the era of graphic cards which play some popular games (don't want to name them) and ppl spend a lot of money on original game packs, we can't assume that they will come and play WBFH. Last night was 6 ppl in MA, don't remember when I was last time saw more then 15 ppl in MA.
    We all know how advertisement work, put anything in nice pack doesn't mater if taste bad - You can sell it, but if you put something that taste nice in some ugly pack no one would like to take it even like present.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  20. looseleaf

Good points.

However what it the overhead by keeping 2D on the server?

If FHWB needs new players then there has to be a two click auto install in all Microsoft platforms. I have done all I can and still my Vista home version does not work. After all the checking and reloading and variations I got it to work once(it seemed to work) and then it returned to the same locking-up and crashing and partial screens.
    Funny thing is that IEN offers a Vista CD for $20.00 .

:dunno: