Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Funtom, Jul 1, 2010.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

C.R.42 against I-153?

1944-10 and 1943-03
    we are really going to do it.

still considering

2. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

btw Exec: when i fly d520, gunstat is out of order, dunno why, mb some bug

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

will check

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

p-38 size of guns decreased. i guess probability of loosing them from first ping would be somehow lesser

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

cr.42 vs i-153
    c.200/iv in general
    these are possible according to the doctrine :)

one who agrees with it can provide performance stats.

fighter5 is possible only at the same time with polikarpov's i-180/i-185 unlucky uber.
    sorry, figher5 could reconsidered much later, when we could play alternative reality with bi-1, b7a2, me.155v-0, me.264, mig-9, whirlwind and tutti frutti.

6. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Not the tutti-frutti !!!!!!

That tutti-frutti plane is too uber !!!!

:D

7. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

That would be the size of gun hit area decreased as mentioned in the next quote above? Not the size of the type of gun? Kinda dumb question but, was wondering anyway hahah :p

Not the kind of fix I had in mind but, would be nicer than the current setup. :cheers:

So, what about changing the size and type of the hit area? I edited the picture to illustrate a proposed change.

[​IMG]
    Cool...I'll try to get to work on that!

8. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

May I be the one who agrees? :rolleyes:
    What of them do you want?

I do prefer the Re.2002 instead of the two above, think about it! ;)

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i don't see any differences.

the way it is going to be released is:
    upper level
    _R
    LR
    LF
    FF

_ void, R right pair of .50", L left pair of 0.50", F central fuselage

lower level
    G_
    GF
    GF
    FF

G 20mm

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

could be both
    C.R.42 because proreds won't let us to remove I-153
    C.200 because it's better than C.R.42, G.50 and Re.2000
    numbers 1784 and 1200 accordingly.

what will it give? 950kg load? why not Ju 87 D?
    you are correct about production numbers, but yet lesser than 500...

p.s.doctrine is:
    A)no 1945(italy 1943) additions yet because of uber flames. re.2005 will lead to I-185, Ta 152 will lead us to P-51K, then 109 K-14, then F8B-1/F8F-11/MiG-9/Go 229...
    B)my signature: more than 500 and better than those in game
    C)not yet ready for 1939 because graphic routines not available, but will require entire ecosystem at once: SB, PZL37, Do17Z, Ki-21-I/G3M4, I-16'18, I-152, A5M4, D2A1, B4N1, TBD-1, Swordfish I, SB2U-3, Gladiator II... (except CR.42 for constant I-153)

so nearest candidates are:
    B6N2, D4Y2, TBM-3, SB2C-1, TBD-1 simultaneously
    Ki-67-I, Tu-2S, A-26C-15-DO, Ju 188 E-1, Mosquito B 16 almost simultaneously
    Do 217 E-3, Wellington I(?), A-20G-20-DO(?)
    radar for Pe-3bis, Bf 110 G-4/U5, Mosquito NF II since 1942/1943, may be Lancaster then.

11. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

i bet jap planes are not important for 90% of players, they just must fly it sometimes because ...they must :-/ so i don't see any reason why we need 247 shitty jap bombers, nonsence like ki-27, etc...
    i understand that irl were these planes (maybe) important but for example, the last man what i saw in ki27 was.... squirrel Vasco
    the same thing is with heavy fighters- nobody fly fighter mossie, nobody fly 410, beau is for 2-3 men (again- mainly against jap shits from cv), not for normal flying, so why do you think that jap heavy fighter will be important for players?

"give" us more planes from europe, pacific is boring for gaming; and what i wrote earlier, it's nice to have next 5-6 red buffs, but i think that what we need mainly (except that damn maps!!!!) is more gold fighters- u, admins, must see game ratio between fighter-bomber sorties... and almost everytime, when reds have 8-10 fighters for fly, golds have 2-4 max....
    i know, "we are in Russia (no offense)" so you all wants more russian (and allied) planes, but pls try to say me- for how long will be fun for reds flying without gold enemies?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  12. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

funtom, look positive - most time golds have more different opponents (planes) to fight against :).
    And beaufighter was very popular in 1.66, may be will again with new fm in 1.68, plane of such kind is really actual for reds in early 41.
    410 can became very interesting with fixed reup times and normal otto.
    Agree about ki-27 its totaly useless now, if u need slot - take this, it can be usefull later in "entire ecosystem" of 38-39 and it needs fm fix (turn is too much worse than I-153's)

13. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Just because most of people like to fly fw 190, doesnt mean we need to have only 1 gold fighter.. Japs have variety of different types of planes for every taste.I dont see similarity between zero and J2m ,N1K and ki43 etc..
    How many people exactly did you see flying MC 202?
    I am sorry for saying this but just because people dont know how to enjoy in planes that we have , doesnt mean we need some no name romanian plane.
    Golds have a lot of different planes, just as reds do , having mossie fighter is like me410 just bonus for those who want different experience.
    Ki27 is counter plane for I15 , and as long as I15 is here , why to remove Ki?
    Remove , but both.
    We had enough problems with Fh the way it is , last thing imho we need now is to introduce bunch of new planes. People dont even know how to fly mc202 205 not to even mention , they do not care , and you want now to tell them to fly something new just because they didnt even know how to use old?
    For God's sake people in arena dont know how to fly 109 anymore...
    Exec's plan sounds very nice lets just see what will be out of it..

14. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

May be it would be better not to remove it but to improve it's turn to I-15's level. It also would be much more realistic than what we have now.

15. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

ok, so... J2M, N1K, Ki43- unflyable planes if you want to stay alive; the fact is that in last 3-4 TODs i saw one J2M, 0 Ki43 and mb 5x N1K (pilot was just for fun in P51D era)...
    i don't think i am dweeb, i tried all of these planes a lot of times, but.... no, just big shits, only for suicide missions, not for "serious" flying with current icons settings

20 in last 2-3 TODs? i am one of them because i like this plane; problem for mc202 is current RPS, with previous RPS was popular.... this plane is too late, the same thing is with mc205 and p40E

because nobody fly it? i think that this is the good reason...
    but my problem is not ki27, i just think that we don't need more shits like this, that's all

agree! but we both know that i15 will be in FH forever ;)

agree, we need more maps first, rest is not so important

go and do streak 30 with mc205.... try it, every dweeb in la5fn or spit kick your ass easily :)

dunno why but imo mc205 have very bad dive characteristic, worse than mc202, imo something like the current Dora (pitch)

16. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

There are enough pilots who like Ki-43 and even more reds, who don't know what to do against better turning plane :). Btw i've seen 3 or 4 ki-43 in just one evening of one of last TODs.
    N1k flies from CV, carry 2x250 kg and has 4x20mm, so i almost never use a6m if i have to fly from cv in P-51D era, and seem i'm far not the only one.

17. demian

demian Well-Known Member

agree

Funtom, you passed that level (staying alive in p-51,dora etc) long time ago.
    It is time for you to try to feel what was that like for zero to survive after 1943;
    Dont forget, fighting is not only about hit and run ..simply there is more to it.
    My vote goes for having more harder planes , not easier, because we have enough of easy aircrafts. People tend to fly only what is easy , that is why they progress backwards on fh . Whenever they get easier plane to fly they degenerate. IMHO we have enough of Amebas on fh ...

agree

100% true

I cant do it , but i think it is as trying that in N1k (except if you r Kemal))

Just dont forget PLS, this game is much more than just about fighting..

18. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

Seem it's time to try it now, when we made admins ban La5fn :)

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ok. That's good. I didn't edit the gun area on that image though. What I did edit was the main wing and tail section, precisely the HSTAB/ELEVATOR & VSTAB/RUDDER, and the flaps on primary wing. As it is, the horizontal tail section is too large, control surface incorrect, and damage colors wrong in relation to the actual P-38 airframe making it too fragile. So I've made a change to that in the image below.

Damage model changes:
    I changed the flaps in the middle area to be size appropriate.
    I changed the elevator from being across the whole surface to being only between the vstabs.
    I changed the hstab to be relatively normal in size and placement/position compared to the actual aircraft.
    I also changed the colors to represent what each item would be treated as.
    Solid non-moving surfaces are dark green.
    Primary control surfaces are medium green, such as current ailerons and now elevator.
    Flaps are Light green.

[​IMG]

What do you think? :D

20. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Hey...I fly the 202 and 205 but am dismayed that the 205 is caught by p39 in level flight.

I would fly the 202 much more except the guns are weaker than D3A guns.

Did the P39 suddenly inherit the p51 flight model in the last year?

I like the J2M and N1K and even fly the D520.

I rarely fly the favorites unless I need something specific for bomber busting.