2001-2008. Farewell, FreeHost <S!>

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by heartc, Aug 12, 2008.

1. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

2001-2008. Farewell, FreeHost <S!>

This is the last time I'm posting here. Or fly here. (I can hear all the shouts of joy right now ;) ).

First, I want to thank the FreeHost team for the enduring and the continued support they provided here in their *free time* for all of us to enjoy flying "Warbirds" for free. I enjoyed this community, and the discussions I had here. I enjoyed this international platform, where I had the blessing to hear all kinds of different opinions from people all over the world. And I highly appreciate that I was allowed to voice my opinion on many adverse topics, fully aware that they might be in contradicton to the opinion of the guys running this place here. And still, I was never censored in any way whatsoever. To allow this without any interference, is true evidence of intellectual greatness and shows great decency by those who run this place here. I thank you for that, and I will always keep that in my mind.
    Current developements however put me confronting two choices: Face any discussion coming up here with an anti-Russian point of view, or just stfu. As I see it, I can do neither. I would act inappropriate doing either. On the one hand, decency forbids that I would sustain discussions that would be totally anti-Russian in a place where I am their guest, and at the same time I'm so totally and deeply disgusted by seeing a young democracy being destroyed in a power game where ALL of you know that I'm not gonig to be impartial.

My deep disgust for current events will not allow me to continue any further discussions in this place without offending those people who granted me membership here, and frankly, out of solidarity for this free and young democracy in Georgia being DESTROYED by brutal force right now, I lost all interest in participating in any further discussion here.

For anyone who might be further interested on my view of the issue might want to consult these links - "heartc" is my name there, too:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140506&page=9

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140506&page=11

Be aware however that they contain content of the nature that will no longer allow me to be a guest here. And I will not respond to any reactions on them here. If you want to respond to them, do it over there. And even then I might not respond. Because I'm tired.

So, this is my farewell to all of you.
    And thank you again for listening to all my shit over the years. And thank you FreeHost team. I enjoyed it. And I will not forget it. But there are things I believe in, and where I cannot shut up about, because they are stronger than anything else:

F R E E D O M.

L I B E R T Y.

Bye, and may God bless all of you,

heartc

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Re: 2001-2008. Farewell, FreeHost <S!>

hey heartc;

I know we have been at odds several times and even in via PM.

However if you're reading this and I hope you do. Leaving here because you don't want to say what you think or feel is not a good enough reason.

I'm sure if you say what you feel and think here no one would blame you for that.

I say, stay here and write what you feel and let the others be the judge.

I do not agree with you on many points and I would always give you my point of view even if it did offend you, not that I would want to do so.
    However I would never vote nor wish to ban you solely on you stating your opinion and/or feelings.

You do not have to insult people to get your opinions across!

3. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I am sorry too for seeing Heartc leaving ,but i can understand his reasons.
    He is simply, tired. He is trying to be polite , yet he feels like he has much to say about current situation in Georgia. But then again, as Looseleaf pointed out, that is not enough to leave. Playing on fh with all of these russians
    should not affect someone's personal attitudes. These Russians here are not the only Russians ...I am sure there are many of them who does not approve
    current development of events in former USSR. Many of them still remember
    that Russia and Georgia were once same country. I am sure many of Ucrainians still feel their homeland is USSR...Latvians, Lithuanians, etc etc.
    I am sure many of Russians do not like war. Do not think about war as about good thing. So, why to blame them?Lets for once make difference between idiots and normal ppl, between criminals and respectful citizens...

4. bot

bot Well-Known Member

heartc is a good guy

Was he the one banned from that other thread?

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

that was other guy and the reason explained in the very same thread

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

as for heartc, well, what can i say?
    i respect him for what he said about his conscience.

i'd want him to rejoin wbfree with other incognito nick when georgian/russian conflict would be resolved and investigated. ;)

okay. sigh such a man quits us.

7. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

No country's worth dieing for. No conflict's worth leaving for.

Ideals on the other hand...

I can see why you'd want to do this, but on the other hand, why would you? Yes you disagreed, but not everyone needs to be on the same side. And, despite what they said, I doubt they'd hold a grudge, but, that's not the question, the question is, can you? Hold a grudge that is.

I have a feeling you will be back. The way FreeHost has a pull on everyone who's been there longer than a month, a year, half a decade. Maybe it'll only be in passing by, a glance to see if things have changed, and the realisation that they probably haven't... but even then, you'd still be back.

-Z

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

say hello to bizerk from me

9. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

LMAO!!!!

10. flygavn

flygavn Well-Known Member

O ya start quitin again. We all said that along with drinkin, dopin, jo, seeing that whore again etc.....

If you can quit wbs your big man then I.
    I can stop smokin, drinkin...easy stuff like that. But wbs?

If my dealer dont open his door for 3 days thats one thing, but When server is down!! O man.

11. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

cu