A Real Hero

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Uncles, Oct 23, 2007.

1. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

tesla never argued using super-large and colourful words sent thousands of kilometers over wires

he had better uses for electricity

2. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Dude you are so wrong. Stand up and Read this out loud.
    THERE IS NO THAT SERB ON THE WORLD INCLUDING KOSOVO THAT WILL SAY HE IS KOSOVAR
    equaly as there is no that kosovar living or even born in Belgrade that will say he is Serbian.
    That rule also goes for Serbian - Croatian relation, and if you ask you self why look at the history and you will see why.
    You know my friend you are makin general westerner mistake by applying templaited rules and opinions all around globe. Just like in english language there is always exception and I am suprised you already haven't learn that.

Hence Tesla would never say that he is proud to be Croatian, instead he would and he did say on many ocations that he is Serb and he is proud of that.

regards

ronin

3. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Amazing, I have heard many Serbs state they are Kosovar, from Mitrovich through Vitina. It would appear that teaching people south of the Ibar to be respectful of each other, and to recognize they are in the same land has its benifits for many.

Perhaps you will drop the prejudice one day and realize that he was proud of being both a Croat and Serb, and that regardless of his birth-place or family origin, he did good things.

4. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

He is under the impression that if he makes it large and colourful it will someone make his prejudice more of a fact; Crayons would work better for him.

5. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Hah, you need to read up on law.

In some countries, you will automatically get their nationality if you were born in that country. In other countries nationality comes through bloodline.

Jus sanguinis and jus soli. Two of the most basic law-principles.

Sometimes I can't believe the crap some people spout out here.

<Z>

6. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

It is funny to see how you westerner trying to teach those that actualy lived and still live in parts of former yugoslavia about their culture, history and customs. You can live with that opinion forever just remember you are so wrong on Tesla beeing croat ;) issue.

I see you were in SFOR down in kosovo and gathered some info but I guess you lack of understanding Serbian language brought you to wrong opinion.
    Add there you lack of proper education regarding to former yugoslavian history of conflicts begining wiht Otoman Empire era. Here is an offer try to read abit about that and then come here and let me know so we can continue to talk on topic "Serbs from kosovo".

I was soldier for 1 year there 'in kosovo' ( Slatina, magura, Golesh... ) ( everybody had to do that there at that time of former yugoslavian era ). And during that time there I have talked with many serbs living there. Trust me non of them will ever declare them self kosovars. What they would say is this. I am serb from Prishtina, Kosovo and Metohija.

"Remember, you can't push square pegs through round holes." ;)

maybe your german background kickin' your inner 'I don't like serbs' because of history ( you got kicked bad in yugoslavia from 1942 to 1945 ) you are still trying to forget. I bet you were enjoying bringing piece shouting on serbs down there a? ;)

7. jebac

jebac Well-Known Member

Ok Zembla, here is a question for you:
    Here at North American continent we drive on right side of the road, right?
    Then why the hell in England they drive on the left side of the road? They must be badly wrong. Hmmm.... lets open new thread and convince those Britons that they are wrong.
    Man you are makins same general mistake as Tzebra trying to introduce ( by roinin's words ) templated opinion. Different contries have different laws, remember when you are about to travel in to another country there is an advice at passport office that you should read abit about their law... due to differences that can lead you even to jail.

8. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

its stupid to comment on a culture you havnt lived in

americans do it all the time

its because their customs involve arrogance and ignorance

9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

he-he-he, i am helping with the thread rating :D

well, they still have time to win! :)

10. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Actually I remain impartial to who is on what side in ref to the Balkans region.
    I worked and lived will all ethnic groups.

As for my family in WW2, he was never in the Balkans.
    He was in N. Africa and France. :@drunk:

11. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

I am not sure the word "Kosovar" exists in serbian and they could say that?

In fact where does this word come from? Is it in albanian or some english media invention?

Maybe they said something like "kosovski srbi"? that is kosovan serbs i.e. serbs of kosovo.

there are two different qualifications used in Yugoslavia - one is nationality and the other geographical modification,
    foreigners often confuse the two.
    it is necessary to use two because not all of one nationality lives in its historical territory (thats why they couldnt split neatly) and because in the Federal State of Yugoslavia nationality was determined not on territoriality as in most European nation-states (this also caused the conflicts when due to the advent of electoral democracythey had to switch from individual-oriented model to the territorial model).

Or, why the some croats banished thousands of other croats in Knin and Krajina and today those places are empty?

12. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

It would be quite simple really, if with time the geographical modificator didnt become an ethnical subdivision and was kept even if you live somewhere else.
    i am a trakiiski balgarin - a bulgarian from Thrace, because my fathers family is refugees from the South.
    there are makedonski balgari - bulgarians from Macedonia, which could be living in Republic of Macedonia, in Greece (it holds half of Macedonia-region), but my neighbour in Plovdiv are also makedonski balgari or more shortly - "makedontzi" (macedonians) even though they were born in Plovdiv (which is in Upper Thrace) but their parents are refugees from Macedonia after WWI
    or balgarski turtzi - turks from Bulgaria, many of whom after 1989 live in Turkey proper
    or macedonian greeks, etc.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  13. jebac

jebac Well-Known Member

Although I salute and I will, with all my harth, second words of yours, still, your attempt to open thier minds on this topic is very futile since the collor of their sunglases can be only in one spectrum and thats it.

14. jebac

jebac Well-Known Member

well, ron I think you hit the right string!, or his "family" was Romel's Panzzer driver down in Maroco and Algere.

15. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Heard more than a few state with pride that they were people of Kosovo, without the Serb modification added. Kosovar is the way it comes back through translation. That they were a Serbian we already knew. Nice families each of them. A shame that the provience had to experience what it did.

I know the K-Albs count themselves in a different fashion as well, and the Romas count themselves seperate from everyone.

16. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

He wasn't Rommel's driver but he did command a tank for the 21st.

17. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

well, they will have to experience a bit more just in a few weeks :ass:

18. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Grobar, Jebac and Ron don't bother any more with this western guys (Cawboys), they don't want to hear any thing but them selfs.
    I wrote a few times to this German Cow and showing him Tesla's quote where he said that he is Serb. (UPS I said German Cow mean German Cawboy). But he still claim that Tesla said that he is Croat, and that he didn't read that Tesla denounced it.At first time I thought that he have problems with Eyes, so I colored and magnified Tesla's words where he said that he is a Serb, but nothing, so I come to conclusion cos medicine is my primar ocupatio that he have BRAIN PROBLEMS. But if I'm wrong I will post one more time Tesla's words but now not colored and with smallest font cos he can't read coloured and big one or maybe he can't read at all, but it is imposibel cos he can write.

Tesla said: "There is something within me that might be illusion as it is often case with young delighted people, but if I would be fortunate to achieve some of my ideals, it would be on the behalf of the whole of humanity. If those hopes would become fulfilled, the most exciting thought would be that it is a deed of a Serb."

Also pls Grobar, Jebac and Ron cos you can understand my nativ lenguage is my English good or I have to ask my teachers to turn back my money I paid for learning English?

And what to tell on this words than BRAIN DAMAGE IS BIG, and if you tell me to use CRAYONS FROM YOUR EXPIRIENCE, then no TY, mama told to me that only GIRLS USE CRAYONS, and I'm 100% positive that I'm a man, ARE YOU?

19. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

No doubt that Tesla was a great man, a great scientific mind far ahead of his peers and made significant contributions to science and humanity.

Now then, I think everyone should be proud of their ancestral heritage or at the very least accepting.
    One does not have a choice of to whom one is born (at least not in the traditional modern western mythology).

However there is one plane simple fact:

Tesla did have a choice of where to live in the world and what country to become a citizen.
    Of all the countries possible, he chose not only to live but also to become a citizen of the United States with all its defects and shortcomings. He made that choice.

20. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

in the news: 53% of Americans think that their army should strike Iran preemtively. Preferably before the election.

Who is the terrorist?

And dont tell me "american people are nice, just bush is bad"

I am cheering for the people of Iran. Hopefully they'll build the bomb soon and feel some safety.

Especially, since US is delivering in the moment 15bln$ of military aid to its sunni allies (guess what - they are all dictatorship that dont give a fuck about democracy and human rights).