A380 Impressed me

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by torsti, May 30, 2005.

1. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

LOL roland, that has been the best you have posted ever

2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

squirl, they may write whatever they like in that newspaper. the poll might be fully fabricated, or just asked the appropriate people. This is not USA.

3. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Your problem is that you base your facts solely to the english speaking media.

Here: =/yle24/uutiset/&p=0]YLE

That's mainly where I get information, not only for Irak, but world as whole.
    So now you're probably gonna say that my news are faulty, since it's not american news agency.......

btw, you yourself made a notion earlier that US press is the best in the world since it has an obligation to be right, because it has paying customers.....what made you change your mind?

4. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Those who use reason can clearly see that you are a hypocrite. You have said:
    You are claiming that news straight from Iraqi sources is credible. What about this information from an Iraqi source?:

"Other interesting facets of the survey show that almost three quarters of Iraqis have at least some confidence in Iraq's interim government. A third of the people have some confidence, 29.5 percent have a lot of confidence and 10.8 percent have a little confidence. Only 15.8 percent have no confidence in the interim government."

You dispute the validity of this information.

So your policy is that bad news from Iraqi sources is genuine, but all good news from Iraqi sources is right-wing, fabricated propaganda and has no credibility.

You tried to somehow prove that you are informed of all the important developments in Iraq, but you single-handedly showed how closed-minded and ignorant the majority of the anti-war movement is. You have lost. You have nothing more to say - I obviously can not depend on you to post comprehensive analysis of the Iraq conflict.

5. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Dude, no one said that NOTHING GOOD has come out of this!

You're the one who is ignoring shit and thus being close minded. Get SARS.

1 person likes this.
  6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

lol, you saw too many TV series about hospitals lately, afi. You know every fucking disease :D

7. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

I'm going to work it up to various malignant cancers ;)

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

lol afi.

@ squirl: I have yet to see you give an objective analysis on the Iraqi war and the current situation, you have only once again tried to enforce your opinion on others.

I said in my post that the removal of Saddam and the possibility of a real democracy were pluses, which you then went to great lengths to reiterate when you posted redant's poll. Consistently trumpeting statistics is hardly giving the impression that you have a true understanding of both the positive and negative aspects of this conflict.

9. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

I indeed have an objective view of the Iraq War. There is no need for me to tell you what I know about the negative side of the war - I know at least what every person already knows from watching CNN. If I were to tell you about the negative aspects of the war you would be learning nothing new. So what is the use?

Shallow is your claim that you know about the positive outcomes of the war by saying that Saddam Hussein is removed and that democracy will begin in the Middle East. These are only the most obvious potential events which any person can think of. You have only demonstrated that this is the maximum extent of your thinking on this side of the war.

I am at an advantage because I have something that you do not have - a full view of the success of the Iraq War. This piece of the picture is the most difficult part to put into place for many. It is the "Boardwalk" in the game of Monopoly; the critical third consecutive mark in a game of tic-tac-toe; the final square in a game of bingo. To gain mastery in all of these situations the final piece is needed. Without it, even 80% of the accomplishments in bingo are equal to 0% of victory.

So, Glas, grobar and others, you have completed the easy part. The real challenge to complete your understanding still lies ahead of you. You may think that the positive side of the war is only another 50% of understanding. Actually, because of the slant of the media, the positive side will require far more effort to understand than the negative side does.

Before you respond you should realize some things. Because your knowledge of the Iraq War is incomplete, should I even take your counter-claims seriously? Does a biased person even know how to tell objective and biased people apart?

10. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Civilian Death Toll - Up
    Military Death Toll - Up
    Law & Order - Down
    Infastructure - Down
    Quality of Life - Down
    Individual Freedom - Down

Why do I think Iraq will be a failure, well heres a good source:

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  11. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

No you don't. You can't have. You've showed such a patriotism even in this thread that all your views are coloured with red-white-blue. Sorry.

Dog ate my monopoly. sorry again.

12. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

Read:

13. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

You think we care that much about your opinions? Everyone who reads these posts knows exactly who is the blinkered person around here, and who has been brainwashed.

I wont resort to condescension like you enjoy doing, I will just tell you straight. Fuck off.

14. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

You know absolutely nothing about the real negatives implications of the war. Even CNN wouldnt soil your tender ears with that information.

And yet, you refuse to do the exact same thing that you demanded of people here. Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Until you can respond to that, your posts and opinions are worthless to me, so dont bother posting them. (does that sound familiar?)

15. squirl

squirl Well-Known Member

You are not humble unless you admit that you could be wrong about this. You are unwilling to admit that you could be wrong, so...

I am a humble person, and because of that I am a better person than you are :)

Glas was clearly emotional.

emotional adj 1: determined or actuated by emotion rather than reason

Ladies and gentlemen, Glas has just lost this debate. He is unable to be reasonable at a time when it is needed most, and because of this, he is unable to debate on my level.

16. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

why dont you go this hollidays to irak?

1 person likes this.
  17. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Whatever squirl :rolleyes:

Just keep dodging the real questions. We all know who is losing this argument ;)

18. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

OMFG, how can you say you're humble posting things like that? You're an arrogant prick. You look to me like Hitler saying he's pacifist while releases the gas....

19. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

no, i claimed that the guy I talked with is receiving native information in hundreds of ways and thus he has a good glimpse on the situation.
    I am personally not informed at all.
    I only know that reading one or two newspapers in my country will not gain credible representation of the situation, because all journalists and all polititians twist things to their own aims. You have to listen to a lot of different people.

Indeed I bow my head and glorify your brilliant victory! All my most sly and cunning intents have been exposed! Your bright mind shines on us like the sun of the father of peoples (;))! I must say it is an honour for me to be defeated by you, I shall tell this tale in all homes in which I am guest, thus your fame will reach to the ends of the world and maybe even to ear of the emperor!

20. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

If I didnt know you, I would say you were a fan of Tolkien ;)

Nice post Gro.