AI planes

Discussion in 'TabaHost General Discussion' started by graatz, Oct 19, 2005.

1. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

As above - any chance to implement them? Rip the AI from the offline drones?

Rip the AI from Quake bots? :rolleyes:

2. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Sorry didnt understand "Rip"...
    but, if "Rip" means borrow Offline drones behaviour, yes and no...

Air drones is on the franz-'s 2do list long time... since we decided to implement drones, I asked for the 2 types (ground and air). but Franz- argued that ground drones could be implemented very fast and air drones not so fast, so i agreed to put ground and wait for air drones.
    And TH_AirDrones Service© will have the follow behaviour:
    The server will choose 2 (or 4, or 6) fields, one of each country and will send a wing (3 planes) or 2 wings (6 planes), or 3 wings... from one field to another... these Bombers will be choosed ramdomically from the available buffers at that fields...

example:
    F1 (red) B17, B25, Li2, TBF
    F3 (gold) JU88, HE177, JU52
    so server choose from F1 to F3 one (2,3,4) wing of B25s and from F3 to F1 one (2,3,4) wing of JU88s... so one wing will fly at 4500m and another wing will fly at 4000m.

Bombers will drop eggs over enemy field w/ some dispersion, an emulated carpet bombing. these bombers can be shooted down by enemy air patrols.

after drop eggs, bombers get back to origin field, and, over the origin field tower they vanish, accomplishing the mission.

As soon as every AirDrone vanish, server will choose another pair of fields and lets go again!

Btw... stay tunned for great new features at TH... we found an amazing thing at one WB map and franz- and me turned it on a very Kool feat... :)

3. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

that's the idea. About reall AI drones this is a huge work, that for now is out of our scope... if someone could help in AI subroutines we appretiate :-D
    []'s
    franz-

1 person likes this.
  4. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

5. graatz

graatz Well-Known Member

Hehe, great :)

6. -taru-

-taru- Well-Known Member

WOW!
    I say WOW!!! :super: