Aike pleace more power for Gunnery.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by OSSI, Aug 10, 2000.

1. OSSI

OSSI Member

Hi,

the reds kill us from d3-4,and we get no kills from d1.
    First Time when i play here i fire a salve Cannon in the plane,now first shoot from d0,5 and i need 100% cannon,forgot MG this have no power.
    Gib us the old gunnery from 2.75 back,this was vervy good,and got for balance.

I speak for 26JG"A.Boys" and most of Golds!

OSSI

2. dement

dement Well-Known Member

I'm agree with U. Old (2.75) gunnery was more comfotable and for reds and for golds!!!
    Now I can get 200-300 pings from d3-d4 from SPIT or Yak1. My 20mm cannons cann't kill anything.
    I'm forgot about MG.

But, we just asked AIKE about increase power of 12mm and 7.62mm. I think we need to wait a little.
    Learn to fly carefuly!!!

Only one I have to say!!! Me110's OTTO cann't kill enemy or seriosly damage him. That is not good and right.

------------------
    Всё будет правильно... (Воланд)
    "We have explosive" (FSOL)

3. anitax

anitax Member

Ossi, give you a flight in a american iron wiht the standard 6x0.50 and try to shot down a 190, after this tell me your opinion about d3-d4 kills with easy.
    I am sure that you have not tried red planes in a long time, i recently changed from axis side to allied side, while I usually got more kills than assist, now the tipycal is get more assist than kills and I am the same pilot, in fact i am getting now more percentage of hits and of course ammo load is big in the majority of american planes.
    It is common hear between the reds that their guns are underpowered, same as I have hear into the axis crew.
    The axis planes hit hard and i have felt it into my body, lot of times killed.

To me, the gunnery is better now than it was at 2.75, more reallistic, you need a sustained burst of about 0.5-1 second in a plane area to get damage, what do you want? one kill per round?, only a touch and all plane exploding?

I got a kill with an average of 50-150 12.7 hits, depends from the concentration of hits,
    if I have the luck to find a plane stalling i can open fire near at a static target, usually 50 rounds is enough, but if i find a warping rolling 190 fleeing at top speed, perhaps i will get more than 200 hits and the 190 return home safely

The majority of german planes are energy fighters, made to do fast passes and dificult to get a tracking shot, as you know more of the real kills are by surprise, if you find a plane flying straigh and trimmed(pilot is at WC by example) you will kill him with very few rounds, another thing is catch a pilot who has seen you from d35, how many time can you track him into a gun solution? the time need to put enough rounds on him to get the kill? think that shot 10 mg rounds take about 0.75 seconds(2x13mm yeah but sincronyzed with propeller) in the better of cases a 190A8 can fire 44 20mm rounds per second, a 0.5 second burst must kill any plane if you don't miss, but unless you have a convergence of 150 or less, some part of the bullets will miss, extending the time of hits need to damage enemy plane.

As i said before, take a fly into an allied plane and the comment your opinion please.

Salute all, Anitax

4. OSSI

OSSI Member

upps...

the reds take 10 hits from my cannon and still fly around....

OSSI

5. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Anitax, you are a true Engineer! [​IMG]

BTW, flying for Reds I landed successfully after taking 20 MG-FF shells... But, flying Zeke I score ~10 hits per kill. I shoot a deflection from deep turn, "over cowl", and usually land ~30% at the enemies tail. NB: I suck as a fighter now, no more then 2-3 hours a week... My top score was in late summer 1998, on iMOL, when I finished TOD with 60 kills, 12 deaths (5:1) after 54 sorties. Only in Yak-3. I came back from the vacation in late 1944 [​IMG]

Gunnery is a function of probability.

------------------
    --
    With respect,
    Pavel Pavlov,
    wb:boroda
    Commissar 25th IAP VVS

6. Alex V. Inozemcev

Alex V. Inozemcev FH Developer

Hi!
    I play for Golds now.
    My result yesterday:
    bF109F
    I hited 76x20mm & 82x7.62 in one sortied
    killed 4 (four) planes
    Gunnery good.
    Yse boom&zoom
    2 planes exploaded
    Hit fron 1.5-2d

7. BadGun

BadGun Member

Aike, u kill 4 Planes in 1 sortie ?
    why u are not in list "longest Streak" ?
    or u get 1 hit from a red plane ???? ;-)
    when u be a hero in german plane, why u fly not for gold ?
    and so many hits for only 4 kills ... tsts ;-)
    how many hits needs the red plane, to shoot u down ???

BadGun, Kommodore JG26

8. zeus--

zeus-- Well-Known Member

I`m fly for Reds. My Spit-I take 5-20x20mm and 30-50x7,6mm from Bf-109e (It was 3-4 times). It was inufe to destroy my Spit completly [​IMG]

I think, the gunnery is Ok. [​IMG]

P.S. Sorry for my English... [​IMG]

9. Idiot

Idiot New Member

ca 22-25 20mm to bring a 4 mot bomber down (LW studies)
    10-20 20mm to bring a spit down and you saying the gunnery is OK. Good joke.
    Also the example Aike gave. he needed average 18 20mm hits per kill. That really does not sound right. Also when you consider, that 1 WB 20mm hit is 2 real shells he needed 36 20mm to bring down the other fighters.
    Now check how many shells are in the 109F (128, if i remember right). So he hit with more shells than he had in his airplane and he must have a gunnery of 90-100% LOL
    Good troll, Aike
    Now tell me more about realistic and good gunnery and damage models.

Idiot

[This message has been edited by Idiot (edited 16 August 2000).]

10. Alex V. Inozemcev

I know about bursrs, 1 bursr = 2 canon
    So when i tell about 76 hit's it means
    76 canons = 2*38 bursts
    I calculate every cannon and bullet independentiy
    Don't calculate bursts, only canons
    So it's not joke
    To hit from 1.5d difficalt to miss

11. Idiot

Idiot New Member

Aike,
    even 18 shells per kill is too high for fighters and if you have hit with 76 shells out of 128 then you have a gunnery which is far above all. Gunnery accuracy ranges between 4% (beginners) to 30% (experts). So lets say average gunnery accuracy is 10% (which is actually lower), then you need the whole clip of a 109F to kill 1 fighter.
    Now show me pilots who constantly have a hit percentage over 50%, which is what you had in the sortie.

Idiot

12. Alex V. Inozemcev

A little hint
    in 2.7.6 bF109F has bug
    It's cannon ammoload = twice of normal
    Hence I can shoot, shoot and shoot....
    Try yourself...

13. -neon-

-neon- Well-Known Member

Gent's, remember 1 think. Server admin only 1 human, Aike. Like other human's he have work and his own family. And own bussiness. That take alot of time. He just cannot do all now. All will be normal ASAP. And after this someone find some bug's which was missed by other's. I am in FH from mid december 1999. Aike all the time tried improve game setting's. Just be patient.

------------------
    See you in sky
    мл. лейтенант 228 ShAD VVS RKKA