Arena bugs

Discussion in 'IL-2 Sturmovik (Rus)' started by -al---, Jan 11, 2010.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Sry for writing in english, but I know some of you will understand.

The map has some bugs:
    - some small fields with the exact same type and number of objects need less objects to be destroyed than others: server reports 30 targets for F1 and 32 for F6, with both fields being identical
    - F12 has objects in a different position relative to the landing strips, than other small fields
    - Briefing says you need to destroy 60% of objects to close a field, but in fact you need to destroy 100%
    - Briefing says field will reopen only after 40% of objects reup, but in fact field reopens when anything reups: 1 object live - field open

I think there was more but only these I can remember right now.
    Any chances of fixing? At least the field closing/opening, as this is the worst with so few people playing.

edit: briefing still says that it's 4.09b1m

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. barmal

barmal Well-Known Member

Hi -al---- !
    Thanks for bug report.
    I fixed the briefing.

While we are not rebuild the map, i decide to reduce the percentage for fields destroying to 90%. Now fields will closing at 90% and will be open at 10% of live objects.

About small fields. All fields are not exectly identical ;)

3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Thx for the reply and the percentage change! :)

I will look into those small fields more carefully ;)

P.S. check your PM

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Can the arena be reset?

Today there was only F21 left for blue and we decided to capture it. We got it closed, taxi landed in the middle of the field, paras dropped and nothing happened.
    Server was reporting 0/12 paratroopers all the time.
    We then changed sides and captured F16 by landing a taxi and dropping paras without problem...

If in the current state arena can't be reset by field capturing, I request that an admin reset the arena by hand :)
    Here is the track:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oeconygcxwa (original full track is bugged, more below)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2r2t41zoytl (cut version to avoid bugs)

Something strange happened while we were recording our tracks. When I play the track I recorded (the full version attached above), the view is from arttii's plane. After a while the track stops by itself, when arttii leaves his plane before takeoff. You can avoid this by viewing a different plane while artti leaves and goes back. You have to do this every time someone dies, or exits plane. In the cut version I recorded only the field closing, and paras dropping. It should be safe and without bugs. You can notice, that swanca's rockets are not visible after he fires them, and some of the explosion do not appear and some of the building are not damaged but they should be. Similarly, my paras are not visible on swanca's track.

When you view the track recorded by Swanca (not attached, I can upload if someone wants), at first you are sitting in my plane. The game messages about enemy aircraft destroyed etc. are about swanca's targets... Then if you try to press F2 and F1 while playing the track sometimes you can switch planes and have cockpit view from other planes... If you disable manual view control you can see the head movements of others. Why does my game record view positions of other players?
    I have never had anything like this before :)

5. barmal

barmal Well-Known Member

Theoretically - yes =)
    Some pilots reports me about resets...

I dont know what happened. I read the logs, and see ciehom troopers, and field was closed. Why capturing did not happened, i dont know.

I turned ON debug on server. And makes f16 BLUE. And f21 is RED. Please try to cap f16. We must obtain reset =)

Yes, there is a present bug with tracks. Thracks writes from another person.

But switching cockpits - this is interesting. Cockpits - changing due to plane or the same as in begin of track?

>If you disable manual view control you can see the head >movements of others

Are you sure, that this is not your head movment? Try write track without any head movement. If head in track will be move, this is very interesting.
    I think we can create new feature - tracks with switching any planes, cockpits and enemy head movements =)

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Hm the troopers should be from my plane, nick: -al---. Ciehom did not fly any taxi mission yesterday.
    I think we will be online today, so we will try to reset :)

When I view the track I recorded (posted above full version) I start in arttii's cockpit. Then I have to go to outside view of other plane, because if I do not the track ends when arttii exits plane. When arttii is gone I cannot get any cockpit view. When arttii comes back I can get into his cockpit again. Then swanca clicks fly and appears on the field and I can get into his cockpit. When ciehom gets killed and clicks fly I can switch from swanca's cockpit to ciehom's cockpit. Then arttii comes back to arena and clicks fly and I can switch to his cockpit.
    It looks like I get cockpit view from the person who clicked fly as the last one. If someone crashes and takes off again, I can switch to his cockpit.
    I can not change the cockpit, if I get inside one, I have to stay there until someone clicks fly again and only then I can switch.
    I hope you can understand :)
    Try to watch my track and press F1 when someone dies. Also you cannot be looking at someone who dies or exits plane, because then the track stops.

Oh I didn't think about this :/ You are right, it is my head movement, sry for the false alarm.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

We have made the reset without any problems :)

Then we captured some more fields from CV.
    Here is a picture of take off from CV, recorded from track :)

[​IMG]

Looks like another track bug ;)

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Today we tried to capture F10 from F15.
    I was taxi again.
    Again my paras did not work :(

Can you check if something is wrong with my paras? :)
    Arttii captured the field with no problem, so I think this bug only happens for me.
    Maybe it is because my nick starts with "-"?

9. barmal

barmal Well-Known Member

Yes. I saw reset in logs =)
    Tracks are not work properly =)
    CV is hardly modified by me, and in tracks i dont know how it works =)

With your troopers i will think =) This is real BUG =)

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

OK, thx :)

Sorry for writing so many things here, but if I see something I think is wrong it is better to write it somewhere before I forget ;)