Basic WB strategy thread

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Higgns, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

or u can explain what is your point ;)
    i think my point is (with my bad english too) clear for all

2. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Hey higgns, shut the fuck up and go sink a CV with 2 x He-177.

3. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

Thanks......I'll be taking all cv from whichever side you play until further notice........and I will land every mission as usual.

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

No one drags me into anything. I choose what I want to do. And the same goes for anyone else in there. I have no hatred for anyone in the arena. However, I am GREATLY ANNOYED by people who come in there just to whine, complain, get mouthy, pushy, insulting, start arguments, etc. Sorry but, I couldn't give a rats arse how many ID's anyone has, if they cheat, if they fly Gold or Red, fly buffs, fly fighters, drive tanks, warp, members of 5 squads, if they are from Brazil, Turkey, Poland, Russia, Canada, USA, etc. It doesn't matter. It's the people we have, and it makes the WBFH world spin.

We should be more focused on making WBFH friendly for new-comers and correcting existing aircraft. People come here and get confused with how to install WBFH in the first place. Should be one file you download, install, and click PLAY. Choose an arena, Easy Arena, Training Arena, Difficult Arena.

Well, on to what this topic is focusing on....

Some people think bombing/capturing fields is fun, some think train dogfights is fun, some think dueling is fun. I think dueling and dog fighting in general is where it's at. Bombing fields is like shooting at a dead deer or goose in the pasture, if you've ever been away from palm trees and sea water you'll understand me. Like shooting at a crocodile tied up. I'm interested in the hunt, shooting down or fighting something which is moving and reacting. Much like the same folks who buy these shooter games from the stores. Those silly TV games are boring as it gets for me anyway, two player or computer, and it's not 3D, in a sense like flying, as apposed to being on the ground. It's a one person game when bombing and could just as well be done offline. I like interaction with other players. It's the challenge. Besides that, there aren't enough people online for bombing squads and probably never will be so, a level headed patient person who wants to bomb and capture fields, doing the same boring thing over and over can create their own squad and have at it. I was online last night and several guys were just bombing fields and capturing till it reset the arena, then they left. Was a waste of time to me. Boring as all get out. Captured a field, yay. Here's a cookie. Anybody can do that.

5. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

What if the p38 is only available at a large field....which red does have at that moment?

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I'm not following you.:dunno:

7. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

Most fighters are enabled at large fields only before they are available at other fields.

I think the P38 is one.

So.....if you know the p38 is available only at a large field but your side does not have one......will you bomb and capture said large field in order to fly your favorite ride?

I would.

Of course, I will fly across the entire map with 100% fuel to fly the me109t in 1945 or hunt typhoons with a ki44 in 1942.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Yes, the P-38 is one of many like that. No, I would not bomb and capture a field just to fly the P-38.

9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I say, just go into the arena, many people, who ever you are, Join a squad or fly alone, fly a fighter or a bomber or transport, in others words, just fly a sortie in a plane and perhaps some one on your side will cooperate or some one on the other side with shoot you down or get shot down, and maybe a base will be captured or defended or recaptured. I like what alw said, lets increase the virtual population because I need targets to be on when I log into the arena to kill and <S> also need pilots to fly with and sometimes, I do help to capture a field or two, but the dogfight is what brings me here because it's the bees knees in my book whether it's a newb or an old wiley ace I shoot down or get shot down by we need people in the arena period! Bombing and capturing a field with no opposition to me is like watching a chess match in slow motion on ludes, you got to have opposition to make it interesting.

bullet

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

You know, last night I got an idea. I was thinking about putting up some signs like they used to years and years ago. Those progressive ones. Advertising WBFree.net site to get more people on here. I would say that the primary reason some people are not here is because they don't know about it. I have a military airbase which consists of 10,000+ USAF people. I was thinking about putting up some signs along the road to the base that would be like this:
    first sign:
    "Want a real challenge?"
    next sign:
    "Want to dogfight like they used to in WWII?"
    next sign:
    "Well, then check out WBFree.net!"
    next sign:
    "Its' FREE!"
    next sign:
    "WBFree.net"

:D

11. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

That could work, but I think if anyone shows up here they wont know what to do to get it started, need new update on the home page that directs people to the correct download, it just needs to be simplified imho a basic this is what you do and BAM!!! your in the game. :) Simplicity will get more here, learning combat skills in either fighter or bomber missions, well..... thats another story

:)

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait for that before getting more traffic into WBFH. Need to have an easy arena for new people to learn and have fun without frustrations.