Battle of Britain Scenario ? test frame Sun, Oct. 03 - Summary

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by RedBull, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    You killed my squaddies! No mercy!

:p

2. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Well - its nice to read your feedbacks, looks lot of fun and excitement :)
    Hold on! We work on the next frames.

Pls dont forget report what is requested:

gunnery/bomb effectivenes
    fuel left
    ground target what couldnt be destroyed

Pls follow updates on the first topic of this thread. Prelease result list link there.

3. RedBull

Comments to some your reports:

Non-rtb pilots
    There were many pilots (especially gold) who didn?t respect admins request for rtb and have continued chasing and reached kills on the pilots who were rtb still. These non-rtb pilots were checked in log. For true campaign pilots what will not land (ditch) in declared time frame ? they will be added into the blacklist and banned for next event/frame.

Other way how eliminate this behaviour will be increase fueldiv. If someone will stay too long over enemy territory will risk no reach homebase due no fuel.

Communication

Concrete radio channels will be given for communication between units, COs and Admins. We also find possibility for dedicated TeamSpeak server for the scenarios.

Time synchronizing, rdr control
    There were some small troubles with time synchronizing. RAF pilots couldn?t find enemy or reach less altitude as they needed. Luftwaffe f17 group had to be turned from their native route by admins. This all have reason in very fresh experience in synchronizing groups on the routes. This is very precise work and we still learn it.

Also was problem with not-seen dons on dar, the RAF pilots couldn?t be vectorized immediately. Looks true radar ranges are not related to the rdr circles when mapflags on. Cons were spotted much more later than they should be. We have to check again how this on SA works.

Friendly AA/Flak fire
    This is not ?friendly?, this is fire by groundtargets which are not assigned to any country (e.g. ports). This is a map bug, we are not able to fix now, srry.

Furball on the deck
    Could be eliminated by the declared flight levels for each part of the mission. But this is more on the hands of pilots and their combat tactics than admins.

Warps
    one reported only (vought). This could be due connection lag or due to decreased framerate. I remember i had old graphic card, so when many planes around (10+) than got a slide show. So this could be more hw trouble.

4. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

Khmm

Sorry I am maybe wild asian, pls explame me how "For true campaign pilots" is compared with "declared time frame"

A fighter pilot must have a attack spirit, and he must destroy enemy wherever he can do that. And the pilots have this a lot. Alt advantage, ammo, fuels, spirit, knowlegde. And suddenly came the order "Rtb, abort mission". In a real life it smell like military court for the superior. in the virtual flysim combat it's very supid case.

It's like jocke, the enemy rtb, and instead of enemy's terminating, we must rtb, because the "Admins" want of respekt, bullshit

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Let's face it mart, none of the barans had any intentions of following the rules that were set out frorm the start anyway.

I remember you upping from a field long before anyone else, and admins having to shout on blue admin channel for you to rtb. Your response: 'im testing'. It wasnt your prerogative to test :nono:

Then, when asked to take off from a certain field at your alloted time, none of you were anywhere to be seen and the field you were supposed to take off in ended up closed iirc.

Seems to me the only 'bullshit' thing about the scenario was the Barans once again being a law unto themselves. :mad:

-glas-

6. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Mart, imho aggressive spirit includes caring for a rtb as well - means attacking, but not overdoing it. You could have vulched the whole RAF there, but once you ran out of fuel you'd be either taken prisoner by some British farmer with a pitchfork or have a swim in the Channel.

:@popcorn:

7. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

Coplete ignored what I wrote

sounds like u dont know what u talking about

me tested only the possibility of gold hmack respawn on the red field

that is 100% Bullshit

we spend about 10 min awaiting of any note of the admins, and pls, after 10 min, the Mixer: "oh yea, barans of corse, hmm let me think, eee, mmmm, beee, buuu" No any 100% cleary order.

its now not important for me to play in such sand-box, with such sand-box organization.

In the Furute I will stay away from the any event of the "RedBull & Mixer Co"

8. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

Zitat start
    Other way how eliminate this behaviour will be increase fueldiv. If someone will stay too long over enemy territory will risk no reach homebase due no fuel
    Zitat ende

and now go find more intresting jocke for me, hehe

9. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

It wasnt your place to test. The admins responsible for the scenario woulda said if they needed your 'help' in testing.

It's not bullshit, everyone seen you being asked on multiple occasions being asked to take off to cover the F19 buffs. What were you doing, playing with your kind of sandbox?

If it appeared 'sand box' (I notice only you have expressed this opinion ;) ) then it was so because of pilots like yourself. Admins had a hard enough time trying to get everything organised without having to babysit you and your stupid selfish actions.

I wouldnt give you the pleasure of saying you spoiled the scenario, cos you didnt. It was great fun in spite of your crap.

10. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

And I tell u what u have to do with your wife
    pls copy this point

pure bullshit. 103 channel was without any hint, should I jump to each channel u jerk?

Yes, I see that "the Admins" work hard on split the gamers, beautiful idea, ban list for gamers who dont be suitable for the szenario organizer, and why, couse they had they fan with other user

And 1 Question for the Admin who ended Szenario: what, a favorite soap opera was going on, or your Toilett was 2 busstation away? pls, a reason

o shit, bullseye! How can I sllep now, he knows, he knows!

11. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

at the next, I will follow your signature, no reason be worried about your emptiness arguments

12. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Mart, if you don't like it, don't participate. Plain and simple.

13. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

14. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Inability to cooperate and obey the rules is already prooven by some, I think that a blacklist should be added to the scenario. I remember flying in a B-17 in a scenario on FH over a year ago... we were attacked by German interceptors over England already... guess who piloted them?
    And btw- what about landing pilots being shot down by 5% fuel 109's or Spitfires on approaches to landing? Will they be counted as killed only because some morons decided to make Quake out of historical scenario?

Would be nice, cause we got things a bit messed up (our Hurricane squadron) using channels 21-24 (one channel for each flight-> 4 flights of 3 planes each) and suddenly recieving radio traffic on those channels from Spitfire pilots :)

303rd was vectored correctly to the enemy formation, but the shear scale of enemy raid made it inpossible to fight it off. We hoped that some Spitfires will join us in our unequal fight but it didn't happen.

Fighting with experienced pilots of 109's like Vojtas, -glas- and others we kept altitude and the fight was rather historically correct from this point of view. The moment I lost alt in fight for the first time, was the moment that I left formation in order to disengage and rtb.

I don't think it was noticed by others. I would rather blame Vought's ISP for that... but after we fought for about 5 minutes the problem seemed to dissapear (I was Vought's wingman, so I had a chance to take a look at his plane... it only did had some small warps at takeoff and in the begining of the fight... rest was ok).

15. -ada--

-ada-- FH Beta Tester

I agree with Mart. At the time "rtb" signal was issued i had ~40% fuel and 70% of ammo - it could be 5-10 minutes of fight. Fighter pilot must be agressive and use any opportunity to attack. And may be i'm forgetting something but i didn't saw "rtb rule" in original ruleset.
    Besides that, barans announced in proper thread that they will be flying gold as a squad, but mixer as a gold admin failed to assign them a duty. They took off only when our group was at the middle of the Channel.
    Anyway, this "rtb rule" is quite strange imho. If they will be banned from next frame, i won't fly either.

16. RedBull

Still shortly about matter with non-rtb pilots:

In threads about BoB scenario is written ?each frame should has 40-45min - no longer.? This is one of the conditions and it was also applied during the test event on Sunday. This mean all operations in arena have to be finished in the 45min. We also reported for all players this on blue channel (15min to the end, pls rtb all, etc.).

As in the boxing are several rounds of game, we have designed scenario events as time-limited frames. Maybe you have your opponent near K.O. in the end of the round ? but doesn?t matter, when bell ringing you have to go back to your corner and wait for next round. That?s basic condition of our design.

45min is enough for any coordinated missions where all pilots will get enough opportunity for their individual fights is enough for reach mission targets, achieve possible victories and go home. After this time the concentration decrease and organization start fragmenting. So this rule also gives us tool for keep game out of chaos. Doesn?t matter you feel you have enough fuel and ammo still. You should know that in the 45min you should be back in the base, there is no permission for free-engaging till you spend all fuel and ammo.

For next times all these will be explained again in exact scenario rules. Admins will give more time for detailed instruction of rules before any next event and prevent possible mistakes in the time-synchronizing in the group leading. The non-rtb pilots restriction rule will be applied. If anyone will be on the air after declared time over ? he lost, his kills/trget destroyed will be cancelled and he will be banned for one next frame.

This matter is finished for me, no discussion about at all.

---

I also have noted some ?noises? around the mixer?s commanding during test frame. The need of COs for scenario was announced by me several times on forum, but only mixer took this responsibility and did this job for gold side as best as he could.
    I had a look into the arena logs and can say I have enough overview about all transmitions there before/in/after Sun event. My knowledge of Russian language is adequate for understanding all what was said there. I explained some points after scenario to mixer - what is necessary to do and to what take care in relation of the power of superuser rights. I think he understood. But is necessary know that his acts were reactions to behaviour of some pilots what were also preached by other admins. What he did not so good was criticized, but he has my trust and my thx for taking not-easy and thankless job.

17. RedBull

I have to correct an argument about ?RedBull & Mixer Co? scenario. This project is open for everyone who want help and join in. It was announced several times, but I announce it here again.

On this place is necessary namely thx all people who have been working for the BoB scenario, the unofficial BoB scenario team. I would like thx:

Maletin ? for help with arena administration, build the registration system and giving lot of time for common discussion about the arena settings and mission design

Bah---, -redw-, tigrou, mintaur and other nonamed pilots ? for spent a lot of time of testflights in arena. Without their endeavour we couldn?t make any design of next mission. Personal thx to bah--- who gave huge time for the testing.

Mixer, Vought, Pikkot, Mosche and other guys who took leaderships in the test event

FH SA team ? for advices in the matter of SA settings and scenario design

Special thx ? Breedr for services and care of SA, for his time what spent to explain me how to do some needed.

And also thx all pilots for good atmosphere and their will for common fun and good game.

I hope we will create good job, pls hold on!

18. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i think, a ban is not helpful.
    it was not anounced before.

mixer was assigned to be CO of gold side 60 minutes before takeoff.
    briefing at arena was quick (takeoff was 19:05 gmt).
    in my opinion, briefing must have been done, before a pilot is joining the arena.
    if mixer told flying barans to land, it was his mistake (as a gold admin, i didn't noticed that command. maybe because flying barans were not on there assigned channel.)
    after landing, i said: they are not allowed to restart.
    rbull let them takeoff. so he is a little bit guilty in my eyes ;)

we wanted to test the fuel-settings. they should have been out of fuel, when scenario ends. this way, flying barans rechead it's target, when all should rtb. (so no reason for a ban of this pilots.)

other pilots should do rtb, because it is realistic to follow such an order.
    in the future, it must be clear, what are the rules, and for what you are banned, and when you are able to land and takeoff.

19. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

I'm totally AGREE with Mart. Looks like "test-run" mean to test a people loyality for real Scn frames. Not Scn possibilites. Smells bad for me.

RedBull, i know what u can read russian a few.
    so please read my point of view here:
    http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24218
    I dont like to re-translate it in english, cos i'll lost all emotion-colored russian phrases and words.

U mada good work with Scn, of course. No questions.
    But human management was failed.

P.S. RedBull, Maletin, i think we can continue in SA Team Subforum.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  20. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

i think for avoid that kind of prob, the MA squads must be disabled, to reform scenario squads, even if pilots of MA squads stay together in scenario squad.
    for exemple,jg 13: me and flankr are spit pilots while mix, glas , vojtas hjm play for gold.
    afaik, MA squads were not mentionned in host.
    So the barrans haven't privileg to act as barran's comunity in FHS .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.