Best car

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by fatale, Nov 10, 2005.

1. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Dude, I would kill for one of these, it's so crap it's actually cool!

:p :D

2. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

your place must be boring then
    maybe you can even sleep at night without any racers roaring under the windows?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  3. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

there's also a 160HP '87 BX 19GTI to buy, but it's twice more expensive. that one on picture is 1.6 (86HP) with LPG instalation (cheap fuel is more important for me than power). My father had some citroens, also BX19 (122HP) and 16(86HP), now he has xantia 19TDi (98HP). the comfort is really awesome, cars are reliable (only xantia had serious breakdown-immobiliser died).

4. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

Oh sweet Jesus...this is one of the ugliest cars ever! What in the name of holy God and Trinity brought you to getting something like this???

PS. bez obrazy, ale na tzw. "zachodzie" oddają je za darmo, a na szrotach chyba nawet z dopłatą z ich strony. Nie pokazujcie im takich wozów, bo zaczną nas uważać za totalny 3-ci świat ;)

5. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

you're talking like my GF, fuck you :D i really like these cars, i like way it looks, and way it's moving (1.6 and 1.9 is moving pretty fast). tell me where "in the west" i can get one of these for free and i'll get it even tomorrow (ciekawe ile akcyzy za to trzeba wybulic)

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

On a sidenote: Maybe the Britts find those cars the best, but the Britts were also the ones to come up with corned beef. Personally, someone would have to bribe me to buy a Skoda.

<Z>

7. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

The best car is the one I bought two days ago. It's a delorean 1:24 replica from the movie Back to the Future. I took the pics with my crappy webcam so the quality is very bad, I wish I had my digital camera here :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Last Skoda (Octavia II) is a nice car. I have 2.0 FSI engine ~150HP, with fuel consumption about 8-9 litres if driving 140-150km/h.

9. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

Renault or Peugeot are great car makers, I find it a little weird that french cars are so underestimated in the uk, why is it? IMHO Renault Megane, Peugeot 307 or Citroen C4 are amongst the best cars around, of course, you can always say that a Mercedes is better, but the price is much higher, and in the same price levels, Skoda, Seat or Volkswagen (to stay on the same manufacturer group) haven't really a quality edge over those french cars...

10. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

Hmm, my favourite car? Imho p38

btw i remember some mention than one Czech from Skoda company came to some company in USA and US desighners didnt believe that some car can consume less than 8 liters(I dont know how many gallons it is, but imho 1,5) per 100 km, with quite good engine power.

Skoda cars are good but in my country is very popular Volgswagen...

...VW trabant.

11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Yeap- I woud prefer a Delorean rather than Citroen-BX... there was one for sale last year in my neighbourhood bud I hadn't got the cash (although it was quite cheap to have). Delorean is a rarity, BX is a nice car... but too old to be a good choice

@ Beryl
    Ja bym po prostu pomyślał... po cholerę kupować samochód za cenę OC i opon zimowych do niego (nie sądzę, żeby właściciel chciał więcej niż 2-2,5 kafla za tą kupę złomu :D ). Nie lepiej pozbierać jeszcze rok i kupić Xantię? (Początkowe roczniki chodzą już sporo poniżej 10k)... rób jak uważasz, ale ja już raz w życiu skarbonkę miałem (konkretniej VW Transporter-a) i w życiu nie dam się w drugą wrobić :D

12. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

About Skodas:
    Czechs were a highly developed nation prior to WWII and prior to that Czech cars were really the most modern, luxurious and superb ones in the whole world. Especially late 30's designs of both Skoda and Tatra were at the pinnacle of pre-war tech and luxury.
    After the commies took over it was the nation mostly screwed by them.
    About Octavia:
    It's a nice car, but it's 1950's-1960's predecessor looks nicer (I know one maniac, who completly restaurated one Octavia from this period and is currently working on a Skoda 1000MB Sport).
    About today's Skodas:
    They're just cheap versions of Volkswagens... manufactured in an enviroment which guarantees better standards than Volkswagen ones. Their design is simple, they don't look extravagant, they serve it's purpose quite well (unless of course they reach the age of 10, which, for most world car manufacturers is the "deadline").

13. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Tatra 1938 (?) rearengine V8 aircooled :D wit a fin from the roof down on the motor hood (which is, since the engine is rearmounted, rear of coupe)

Is a very nice car, at least designwise.
    Im too tired (umm lazy) to find a decent picture of it

14. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

2tysiace + tona czesci i dodatkowo kapcie zimowe. ja wiem,ze xantie sa niedrogie,ale potrzebuje samochod na teraz-zaraz, dostalem robote pod warszawa, nie usmiecha mi sie co tydzien turlac autobusami,pociagami,tramwajami i znow pociagami dobre 4 godziny z torba pelna klamotow, poza tym jesli uwzglednic, ze jezdzi nas kilku, zrzuta na gaz wychodzi taniej niz bilet na sam pociag. A BX'a i tak musze miec, ojciec kiedys mial i zakochalem sie,koniec :D

15. HJM---

HJM--- Well-Known Member

About Skodas...few days ago I took 2005 octavia with tdi engine (140 hp or something) for a spin, and well...I was surprised! Very positively I must say.
    Interior materials are of very good quality, all the fancy systems (parking sensors, navi etc.) quite clear and easy to use (well, it's a cheaper VW after all) and the new diesel engine...very dynamic, can handle heavy combi pretty well although it's rather noisy (goes for all VW group ones of course).
    All in all, good car imo.

16. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

skoda grand:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  17. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

18. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

19. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member