Biles and snoopy planes and fags

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by rudeboy, Sep 23, 2009.

1. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

as far as i can understand (bein a moron and all)
    the thing w I53 is that it's made of bedsheet strechted over thin skeletal tissue of birch.
    So whenever you pour 7.62 in it, you have only made a few fluteholes in the mofo ;)
    I know that holes in FORE parts of wing clad in canvas was issues for concern, smaller holes thru fabric was not concern at all.

so I reckon that loads of 7mm would not be bad for I53, as well as amount of 20mm that would make other plane sad due to fabrication?
    The DM way to calculate this ( I am only guessin here, I dont know rats ass from pork chop rgd DM) is to allow a LUDICRIS amount of 7mm and a few 20mm as well in an I53 before even acknowledge DMG at all... :)

<edit I spell as the friggin mad hatter>

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

We are all morons here, don't think you're special there Reub...:D

Yes, the 153 is mostly fabric and wood, so what?

Bullets going through cloth and wood are just effective in damaging the planes ability to stay flying than bullets going through aluminum skin and structure.

bullets hitting wood cause fractures and splintering and the damage is far worse than the same bullet hitting an aluminum skin and an alloy structural member.

Also the cloth skin is coated with a varnish and that cloth is flammable.

It can be that a 20mm or 30mm can go through the fabric and not explode. However it does leave a nice hole and sometimes the resultant hole could cause the fabric to rip and tear-off making the wing less effective.

Who really knows the DM algorithm for the snoopy plane?
    Not me. I only am telling you my experiences.

Also when the snoopy plane catches fire, it burns for a few seconds then explodes. Not like the Zeke that can burn for hours with one wing missing and fly around as if it had no damage at all.

Snoopy planes are NOT uber at all.

3. demian

demian Well-Known Member

OH Nooo ! It is now "snoopy lovers thread":)
    I remember 1 guy, Upflap, he used to fly it all the time , and he was very rude boy, unlike this rudeboy:)
    I personally hate it, although i can understand rudeboy's fascination, especially since i think he can really feel its smell of history.
    And no doubt , that plane as any other had its own role in ww2.
    The reason why i hate it is his agility , and the fact that i153 is fucking uber for ki-27, and ki-27 is supposed to fight it on fh..
    Sometimes is really hard on fh to have exact idea of enemy's postion , which is for good fight very important.
    Few times due to lag issues i got shot by plane which was side by side with me, going in the same direction. I called that "sideways shooting".
    That was extreme of course, but it is regular situation where someone is hitting u from 6 o clock , in the position like hes flying behind u, without obvious angle or lead in front of ur plane. You should defend by doing some maneuver, and u see he is not having right angle, u think its all ok, but u still getting hits.
    Same thing happens with snoopy, just when u think u have it, "fag" somehow turns into you. :shuffle:
    As for zekes and DMG model in general, guys be more flexible.
    Sometimes u get 1x20 and u die ( in any plane including zeke) , and sometimes u get 10 or more 20s and nothing happens. Im trying to accept that as a matter of luck. (still trying)
    Flying zeke is not at all so easy and pleasant, especially against USAF planes, with 50 cal scoring at d7..
    The biggest problem i found while flying zeke, is when con is approaching from distance. It is expected that u do some maneuver and gain on angles, but that is not so easy task at all!
    What happens is, having so good turn ability, zeke often can turn right into con, thinking he can outturn it. And it really does outturn it, except for the fact that zeke does it too fast.
    Second problem with same situation;
    Con is approaching lets say from behind ;
    D10,9,8.... Zeke starts turning, bad guy starts shooting, zeke gets hits, and in the end finishes his maneuver safe with good angle, but with hits. Or dead.
    Timing is so critical here, i can never tell when to start turning.
    Should i start at d8 , and to get hit next second, or , should i wait and get hit at d4 ...
    Many planes are capable for having good initial turn, or just part of turn, which is more than enough for correction and burst. Many planes can hit u at d5-4 making that critical waiting very dangerous as well.
    BNZ is hard thing to master, dogfithing with energy too , but so is TNB.
    I prefer more energy style, but i want to have respect for aces in turning planes. That is why i have admiration for Gandhi and his zeke, because seems to me that he knows exactly when to maneuver. Exactly when to start easy turn, when to go into climb, when to turn hard. Zeke is mb sometimes reallly funny with durabilty, but dont forget, it does not have capability of running from most planes , especially when dmgd. While in 190, f4u,51 etc etc u can run if dmgd from most of planes, in zeke u simply cant. Happened to me many times while in some bnz fighter, i get over-g , and im still able to bnz and to kill. What will zeke do with over-g ?:shuffle:
    So, great respect for all zeke, i153, spit, aces, and special respect for Charlie Brown Rudeboy and his mix of historic and virtual love for faggy snoopy.;)

4. looseleaf

Hold on there Dem;

You HATE snoopy plane because it can turn so well.
    You LOVE Zeke because it can turn so well.

You are sad because zeke cannot run away from pursuers...

Tell me: What plane can the 153 run away from???

The other situations you describe; "sideways firing planes"

that's an old trick I used to see alot in Aces High:

Taking advantage of the time lag and doing a "rudder kick" as to make your plane "side slip".

The victim gets the impression that he was shot from 90 degrees... the other player must have opened the canopy and started shooting with his hand gun!

In any event: IF you really think the zeke is no fun to master, then try the snoopy plane for a while.

You know very well and you must be aware that there are some even "ruder- rudeboys being "cry-baby" zeke drivers who are not playing really fair.....;)

But, yes, let's take a time out to honor all those REAL aces in those impossible to fly planes!

:cheers:

5. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

There are plenty of FM problems, and FM problems are FAR more important than DM problems.

Imagine a B25 pilot getting in a pure turning battle against a good 109 pilot and shooting it with a 75mm round, with no visible damage. If looseleaf were that pilot, he would likely come to the forum and say "109 DM messed up," completely ignoring the fact that he'd turned inside the 109.

This is a chicken-egg problem, but there's a clear answer: in all the instances that matter (real combat with 2 pilots using their planes to the fullest) the FM becomes problem long before DM issues arise.

Thing is, the I153 isn't as maneuverable as I remember it being in the past (and that may explain a lot of the DM complaints about it). I agree that the Zeke and I153 soak up more dmg than they should, but I feel less ashamed flying home with a bunch of holes and over-g warnings than I would as a Spit pilot doing UFO maneuvers.

Looseleaf's just mad that he doesn't get the cherry on top at the end of his UFO dogfights, but I'm still waiting for my ice cream.

A lot of us are good at waiting for change on the FH - we've had plenty of practice, but looseleaf would like to obtain patience NOW, without having to waste any time.

6. looseleaf

Yes, you are right: FM problems are more significant that DM.

No. I cannot imagine a B25 out-turning a Bf109 and even less imagine that the B25 could get a 75mm shot into a Bf109.

No. I would not say that.

No. I am not mad at all. i have no need for ice cream nor cherry on top. I get enough elsewhere. Your metaphors are pointless although humorous.

No. I am willing to wait when the admins/devs make the changes they wish.

Also when I am shot-down in my snoopy plane I never have Alt-F4'd and started to cry on the radio that the victor did not deserve the kill.

I refuse to fly the zeke because of the game bug that allows one to fly with no wing and in flames.

I have never got on the radio to say to any opponent I beat that they sucked or they are worthless or a lamer.

Who knows? Maybe those cry-baby zeke pilots don't want ice cream nor the cherry.

They just wish their mothers had breast fed them when they were younger.
    :dunno:

7. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

When I am flying snoopy. I end out with terrible cramps in my left hand's fingers from pumping and pumping on those fucking num keys. All you gotta do in a furball is not pay attention to your SA for one second. Just one second, and you gonna get dead. So, If I want my cherry and my cake or whatever that was, I have to work very very hard. And you know how I get the other guy? Well, I look. I use those num geuys, I cramp my fingers so badly that they are all twisted at the end of a flight. And the other guy, who I get guns on him, often it is becuase I WAS WATCHING HIM.
    There are certain angles you dare not present to a snoopy. There are certain angles a snoopy player is looking for. I am not the fault of the designers. I am just playing the plane as it is presented in this fuckin sim. SO fuck off you complainers. Keep the hell away from a well flown and SA watching snoopy and you'll do fine. It isn't hard to not get shot down by a snoopy. BUT, if you try to beat up and steeal from a guy, a tiny, little tiny guy, who weighs 50 kG and is Karate experten or a kung fu guy, well, you are gonna get hit if you decide to mug that that guy, right? If you want to hit him, you gotta get to him, you gotta get around his angles and then you gotta hope he is drunk and not paying attantion to.

8. demian

demian Well-Known Member

No no no;)
    First, i dont like to fly snoopy because i dont like TNB, and never liked so agile planes. Agile in terms of turn only.
    Second, i dont like it because i dont like planes that are damn good in 1 of specific characteristics. Like when something is perfect in turn, or roll, or climb or...
    3Rd, I dont like it because it turns IMHO too fast for server.:)
    For me there is difference when some plane has some special feature to exploit, like very good roll, or turn, and when something is just too good in that feature.:)
    I dont like zeke either, as one of tnb planes, but there is difference for me between i153 and zeke. I153 is even better in turn.
    And im not sad zeke cant run, imho, planes should be modelled not to be capable for everything, like lets say spits or ki84s.
    So, if i could talk about zeke, i would tell u i dont like it because of my personal preference, but if i talk about snoopy, all above plus fact that is even better in some aspects than zeke.
    For me , on fh , better=worse, better plane=less fun...:shuffle:

We talk about DM because if someone is using P-47 as he should, in battle versus zeke he will notice only DM. We compare here zeke as almost always slower machine.

agree 100%

My friend, many planes have that bug in here...
    First time i did it in test arena, it was with 109 , then La....;)

9. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Snoopy is AIKIDO plane.:duel: