Biles still alive

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hezzey, Feb 16, 2020.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Easier said than done, when you head a family of four (wife stays at home, on a 2-year unpaid leave, at the moment, because we don't won't the youngest to go to nursery).
    And well - I work as a translator, and the job is sometimes similar to that of a slave, picking cotton somewhere in Alabama, 200 years ago. Tedious, repetitive, boring.
    There are "moments" too. Like when someone brought me his graddad's war diary to translate. Had a lot of fun doing that.
    I earn decent money for what I do, but I am almost certain I won't do that for the rest of my life.
    Not because the machines will soon translate well, they already do, yet those translations still miss something, but because I've been doing that for over 10 years now, and I am reaching the apex of what can be done. I am a honest craftsman in my profession, but not an artist. I translate huge scientific monographs, but I could not do a small book of poems.
    Most jobs are like that.
    I'm quite a cook, and can improvise in the kitchen pretty well.
    Maybe I will open a restaurant one day?
    Not a drinking hole, or a posh, Michelin-rated restaurant.
    Just a place with decent food, good wine and craft beer, i.e. all the things I love so much.

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

That's it!
    We have to do something before the machines come.
    It's not technophobia, I like machines. It's the fucking power elite where the danger is.
    Opensource everything!
    There have been huge amounts of code available for the past 20 years but now the hardware's getting opensourced.
    I hope we win.

I'm dreaming of a goat farm myself. I don't know nothing bout goats yet, maybe I'll buy a couple this year.
    Goats and machines.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  3. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

That's the point.
    "The untouchables" of the postindustrial era.
    Fucktards in the position of power granted by state authority, and gutless capitalists, just striving to get our lives as miserable, as they only can.
    I've been to many places, have seen many people...
    ...but rarely did I see fucktards of the sort that rules us, at least in the past.
    And it's pretty obvious they're taking the lead... just everywhere, not just Poland, which is fucked by one old, cat-loving fart.

They're boosted by their incopetence, ignorance, poor education (even if it took place at the very best universities), bad will... and supported by their minions, who they resemble.
    If we don't do anything about - we'll fail. Succumb to their brainless power.

4. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I could not sit in club and listen to that for more than a few minutes.
    Kinda reminds me of some of the stuff Frank Zappa composed, um, the poopoo sounding Sax and the Kazoo Noises and the complete lack of anything like a metronome in evidence.

5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Then there's Margaret Leng Tan :D

6. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Autistic geniuses.