BoB 2nd Frame prelease info

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by RedBull, Oct 27, 2004.

1. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Prelease date:

Sat. Nov. 6. 2004
    18GMT

Notes:
    2nd frame design will basicaly follow the 1st frame, with following changes:

- tactical limits will be modified for give more flexibility in relation of COs needs
    - activity area on the map will be increased, targets can be modified
    - frame duration will be increased up to 60min max.
    - number of players on roster will be modified
    - mission design will spend more attention to the 32+ bug prevention
    - commanding structure will be reworked more in detail use cases
    - registration system will be shared with briefing
    - individual mission debrief of each player will be included
    - TS will be tested for fix issuses with players login and channel switching

We need start prepare all needed matters now, there are lot of to do. Pls people who are interested in the CO or Leader job, contact me for more info asap.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  2. Sarych.

Sarych. Well-Known Member

BIG THX for day of frame! Sat. is more preferable then Sun.!

3. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Rbull I will take a Leader job on LW side. PM or email me asap with contact details for preparation.

I have all tomorrow free so I can devote alot of time.

Pls give me COs, leaders and pilots nicks for LW.

4. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

RedBull, is there possibility to allow squadron uuse them own TS serwers and communicate with sqn leaders on other WB-channels?

it's also important to let create squadrons BEFORE starting frame. 79sqn saw JG27's 110 at ch110, squadrons were mixing, removing etc etc. maybe if we will create squads earlier and not all in the same time it would work

5. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

rgr Glas, thx for info. ill contact you asap when ill finish arrange with other admins.

Its not a good idea - many comm channels=more chaos. If possible - all should be on one TS server. I believe we will fix previous TS issues with switching channels.

Its good idea, but it depends on the S/Leaders if they will do that or not. We can only recommend it.

6. beryl

beryl Well-Known Member

how many comm chanells are needed?

let's say that general annoucements can be at 101/103

CO's can use a chanell belov 100 to send commands to sqadron leaders,nad ONLY sqn leaders

squads inside can use 110 (if works) and TS. 79sqn in frame one was using almost only ch79, because 110 didn't worked and 302nd guys were to shy to talk on TS :D There can be also added channel belov 100 to communicate into 3planes groups, but don't think it will be necessary.

in that case, if Co's won't use TS to send commands,each sqn can use indyvidually configured "inside sqn" communication. With all respect, i didn't understood much of that what out CO said on TS :D

7. vought

vought Well-Known Member

i did, and it was enough
    fixing the TS host for the scenario is one of priorities, but even if the squadron rooms capacity would be fixed, are you certain that the server can take that many people on without any sketches/drops/transmition cuts?
    last time it happened that echo was unreadeble, i heard something lke
    ambro......der......che.....orse.....two....ix...ero ... opy?
    Afterall the the squad channels own ts host can be taken under consideration, you can change the channels by key combination just the same way you can change rooms on server,
    Id just give You rbull the adress and pass and you would be able to give us orders as you wold change the room. The disconnect/connect time takes a few seconds and it wouldnt slow you down.