BoB Stage III after-action report

Discussion in 'Scenario / Tournament / Squad missions' started by Snakeye, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

Squadron: 303 'Kosciuszkowski' Sqn
    Pilot: snkeye
    T/O: F5 Biggin Hill
    Plane: Spitfire I

We took off in strength of about 6 fighters and headed E. W climbed to 20kft and were vectored from ground to Southend area. We encontered about 8 ju-88 with cover of 3 bf-109 a little higher. I attacked a 109 and after first good burst it started leking fuel. I left him only to see him going HO with arttii and both crashing into each other...
    I attacked another 109 which was sitting on the tail of pikkot. I shot once, he broke off his attack and entered a heavy right turn. I pulled lead and opened fire. Grey smoke emerged from under his hood, so I knew he was going down. Pikkot warned me to check 6, so I broke off. Another 109 boomed behind me with its guns blazing. I got hit and some of my guns jammed. After few minutes that 109 was smoked by pikkot and soon he got another one. I scored some hits on the first one thou.
    We headed back to base, because we were low on fuel. Pikkot was in fact almost empty so he had to ditch probably. I still had about 20% when we turned back, so I hoped to reach home base going at 60% power.
    But then I got abducted... :eek: :help:

Anyway - 2 assists on bf109, 1 bf109 shot down, 1 alien abduction

Track
    I had some beacon problems and track screwed up when pikkot hit oil on the last 109. Soon I got teleported to pos 6,6 and appeared on the ground with engine dead... I hope I will have it counted as landed, not ditched in scores (and --ms-- won't get piece for me :p )

2. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

In contrary of expectation - about 30pilots arrived, so we could run limited frame design - as a "training" as we announced before . Also delay wasnt only about 10min.

Because pilots had a will, we have run two times. But frame design is not exhausted i think, so we should run in bigger count of pilots next Saturday again - and this should be last BoB scenario event in this year.

So i hope next Sat 18. 12. we will see much more planes over London in the culminant battle of the BoB!

THx all for good game and see you next Sat! :)

3. Pikkot

Pikkot Well-Known Member

For me was just good fun. I hope to fly at saturday as wingman of somebody who won't crash on take off-lol:)
    Seriously I screwed fuel managment but I hit oil of 2 109's so they ditched. I'm not sure if I wasn't too much SE, will send track, judges will say.