Bugs Found

Discussion in 'TabaHost General Discussion' started by skycpt, Apr 27, 2006.

1. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Great job on TH guys, keep up the good work!
    Flight models are great! Planes behave well and occasionally spin.
    I like that you have small groups of ships wandering the terrain.
    I wish I knew what software you used to model the planes.
    I would love to make a seaplane (duck or kingfisher) that could be used from those ships. I would like to see the carriers back in the game too.

After flying in TH for a while these are the "bugs" I have found.

TabaHost NG terrain:

No Carriers in game - When all land fields are captured, all that is left are freighter convoys. You can "take off" ( actually you just start in the air ) but there is no place to land . Since there is no place to land one has to ditch. Since all airfields have a limited amount of planes, the planes from a convoy get used up very quickly. Since the planes get used up quickly, loosing team just waits until reset. Reset takes a while because winning team has difficulty searching for last convoy. Game suffers. < My Suggestion > Put Carriers back in game. Allow more planes available from convoys.

Wrong Graphics - When in convoy tower, forground is carrier, background is land field you were at last before coming to convoy. Also map is centered on land field instead of convoy.

Wrong Bomber - While I like multi engine bombers from convoy. Only available bomber is B17. < My Suggestion > This really should be set to B25. Since they did get used from carriers on rare occasion.

2. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE=skycpt ]

Great job on TH guys, keep up the good work!

-+-> Thank you for play there! :)

Flight models are great! Planes behave well and occasionally spin.
    I like that you have small groups of ships wandering the terrain.
    I wish I knew what software you used to model the planes.
    I would love to make a seaplane (duck or kingfisher) that could be used from those ships.

-+-> Mee too!!! :)

I would like to see the carriers back in the game too.

-+-> Must have a good reason for franz choose NGS1 instead NGS2 (this has Cvs) but I cant recall... I bet he will answer asap...

After flying in TH for a while these are the "bugs" I have found.

TabaHost NG terrain:

No Carriers in game - When all land fields are captured, all that is left are freighter convoys. You can "take off" ( actually you just start in the air )

-+-> Its a "catapult emulation"...

but there is no place to land . Since there is no place to land one has to ditch. Since all airfields have a limited amount of planes, the planes from a convoy get used up very quickly.

sure only 2 planes per convoy

Since the planes get used up quickly, loosing team just waits until reset. Reset takes a while because winning team has difficulty searching for last convoy. Game suffers.

-+-> good point we will discuss it you may bet! Thanks! :)

< My Suggestion > Put Carriers back in game.

-+-> Its is possible IF NGS2 can be used, if not...

Allow more planes available from convoys.

-+-> It would be an historical discrepancy, becouse cargo ships most of times carries only one fighter... few cases 2... (and we are using 2 already)

Wrong Graphics - When in convoy tower, forground is carrier, background is land field you were at last before coming to convoy. Also map is centered on land field instead of convoy.

-+-> Yes, you is right, but it is a "feature" of terrain, not a server bug... I can assure you :)

Wrong Bomber - While I like multi engine bombers from convoy. Only available bomber is B17.

-+-> Error Error! the only planes from convoy is Hurricane and N1K1!!! I bet some TH OP did that setting (putting B17 at cargo) and forgot to reset... he or she will be severelly punished and that punishment will be an foreward example to others OPs
    :D j/k

< My Suggestion > This really should be set to B25. Since they did get used from carriers on rare occasion.

Once more, thank you to play at TH and spend sometime droping us those nice words!
    :)
    <-+-Vib

3. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

NGS1 vs NGS2
    Not a complaint just a question.
    I've played on both maps, other than the cv's being in one and not the other what are the differences? Does the one with the cv not have the little 4 ship convoys? I could not tell.

4. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

NGS terrain.
    OK not sure what was up, but server was acting weird tonight.
    Everytime we bombed enemy field or tgts off of enemy field. We recieved "ALERT! skycpt has destroyed a friendly structure." Fortunately we were not labeled as TK.

PE2
    .wings command will not work with PE2. So far this is the only plane I have found to have this problem. Was 3d model taken from fighter maybe? And thats why wings wont work? I have not seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

Keep up the great work guys!! TH rocks!! :super:

5. ppedott_vibora

-+-> Dunno... I cant recall to fly at NGS2...

I told yet that I dunno why franz choose NGS1 instead NGS2?

I remenber that I voted for NGS2, becouse CVs, but I loose... dunno why...

6. ppedott_vibora

[ QUOTE=skycpt ]NGS terrain.
    OK not sure what was up, but server was acting weird tonight.
    Everytime we bombed enemy field or tgts off of enemy field. We recieved "ALERT! skycpt has destroyed a friendly structure." Fortunately we were not labeled as TK.

-+-> will check asap!

PE2
    .wings command will not work with PE2. So far this is the only plane I have found to have this problem. Was 3d model taken from fighter maybe? And thats why wings wont work? I have not seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

-+-> Checked! You are right! pe2 doesnt accept wings will send franz to check...

Keep up the great work guys!! TH rocks!! :super:

-+-> Ty keep playing! help us to keep it alive! :)

7. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

In doing research for creating a kingfisher 3d model. I noticed that battleships carried at times 3 of these aircraft. Cruisers 2 and destroyers sometimes had 1. If you are including freighters as well, then.... in one convoy you have the potential for 6 or 8 aircraft. I think they would still get used up quickly in the game though. lol. But something for you guys to think about.

Also perhaps , since we are emulating catapult craft, if one ditches successfully along side of the ship that would count as a landing. And that convoy can keep the aircraft.

8. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Hey, how can we practice bombing cv's? When no one controls them they are almost at a standstill. This happened about three days ago. I was bombing gold cv's and all of them were moving very slowly. I am assuming its because no one was at the helm.