Cakewalk Pro audio 9

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ronin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

OK I am trying to record two sound tracks using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. One is rithm (guitar) and second is solo (guitar). I know how to record rithm ... harmony what ever you call it but when I create another track to record solo there and when I actualy start recording I can't hear darn rithm (harmony) I did recorded on previous track.... :( What ever I do it won't work.
    Does anyone here have experience in using this app for multitracking recording.... ???? :help:

2. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Can you rename a *.wrk to *.wav...... ?

Maybe once the two tracks are processed so that they are wav audio you might be able to hear all of them.....
    ??
    Are you listening to left and have right turned off?
    I bet you know all this and are just getting angry at the stupid idiot I am. Sorry. I used to do some audio editing, back in the day. But now my memory is funky.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  3. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Sorry can't help.I use Cool Edit 2.1 which I've used all time.It's darn easy & simple and good in all aspects.I recommend that app.

4. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Not trying to be funny here ron, but you didn't have it on mute by chance ? I use Guitar Tracks pro (by Cakewalk) So maybe it is similar. make sure playback is to your sound card and/or your audio interface with head phones or monitors. There may be a drop down box under each channel it may change as you go to record your second track. Also as rudeboy said, it may have something to do with leftand right side it may be a simple click to one or the other to engage the sound, perhaps recording in mono is an option but if so you should still be able to get a stereo field/effect if you arm 2 channels and have one set to left and the other to right and use a third channel for your lead/riff. I'll check back soon I'm getting real tired here. Good luck bro and glad to see (err hear) you are recording. <S>

bullet

5. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

You also have to make sure you've got full duplex enabled on your soundcard.

Many voice chat programs can change that setting.

Also......there is a routing dialog in that program.

6. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

And check your windows sound settings, and Cakewalk soundsettings to use directx for sure..