Can't connect

Discussion in 'IL-2 Sturmovik (En)' started by thorne, Oct 5, 2009.

1. thorne

thorne Active Member

I can't connect to the server it seems, I always get a timeout.

The connection to the website is fine, a "normal" ping is working too.

First time trying this, the Mods seem to work fine but it just won't connect.

I enter "fh.sovteam.ru:21007" into the server address window on "Join Server" in "Multiplay" but it just won't connect.

Is it a problem on my side, or a server-side problem?

I'm using a newly installed 4.09 (but with the sound-DLLs from 4.07) + FH Mods V1.00 + Mapfix.

2. arttii

arttii Well-Known Member

i think you need virgine(not moded)1946 up to v4.09m + FH mods + mapfix

3. thorne

thorne Active Member

That is what I'm using (apart from the sound DLLs).

I just can't connect.

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

also one more thing

if you have several connections in your "network connections" folder in windows, try to disable all of them, except the one you use to connect to the internet

Il-2 sometimes chooses to use a wrong network connection, not the internet one, and this can give you timeouts when you try to join a multiplayer game.

5. thorne

thorne Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion al, it seems IL2 choosing the wrong connection was the culprit.

Connecting to other servers via HyperLobby worked fine because HyperLobby seems to set the correct settings (still haven't found out how, but I haven't really checked).

After I fiddled with the network settings in IL2 Setup and switching the "IP" setting from "Default" to the specific IP number assigned to me by me ISP the connection via the "normal" "Join Server" dialog to IL2 FH worked without a hitch and I could connect on the first try.

I don't know if I'll have to go through Setup again each time I'll get assigned a new IP (each reboot or each 12 hours) but even until I'll write my own IL2 FH launcher that'll be no problem.

Still have a problem with the "standalone" mission to try out the IL2 FH map offline but I'll test some more and maybe start a new thread about that..

Thanks a lot, I'm able to fly on IL2 FH now :D

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I'm glad you sorted it out :)