Change Request

Discussion in 'TabaHost General Discussion' started by skycpt, Apr 27, 2006.

1. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I like that TH has anti cheat measures. I honestly think that is why alot of people still play on FH.

I like that you get kicked from tower if you are just sitting there. Is there a chance it can be increased to 4 or 5 minutes instead of 2. Setting up a bomber mission with several people in two minutes is not always possible. Picking bomb loads setting fuel discussing the route, etc etc.

Thanks.

2. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Tkx!
    But, everytime you do anything in tower (eg type at radio) it shows to server that youre not doing nothing, and "reset kick counter"...
    geee... thats will be hard to understood... sry bad english :)

3. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    If that is the case, then leave it alone.

As long as I am selecting something with my mouse and it resets counter then 2 minutes is good.

4. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Not sure if any of these are possible, Im just asking.

Cockpits - Is there anyway to darken the inside of the cockpit during dusk and night flight? Some cockpits are really bright. Its like the pilot has a 5000 candle power search light turned on in his cockpit. LoL Red lighting on instruments would be cool too.

Tower - Again at night, when in tower selecting aircraft, player cannot see aircraft preview. I'm guessing that ien never designed game for night flight.

Catapult launches - Aircraft launched from catapult start at 1000 ft. Can this be lowered? Most cats were a couple hundred feet of the water. If its a program limitation, I understand. If its a decision to help people who launch with throttle back, I understand that too. :)

5. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

I hate to be the only one asking about possible changes. Makes me feel like I'm the only one playing on that server. :)

That being said, here are two more.

Announcing that player X and player y share the same IP is great!
    Also announcing what that IP is... not so great. While showing a few people the features of TH that was the one thing they really didnt like. Computer IPs are like phone numbers for some people and they dont like them to be displayed. Worse yet I can imagine that there will be those that have the means and the bad temper to try and attack known IP numbers.

When X is killed by Y is it possible to display it like this?
    player X is killed by Y
    If not how about this,
    player x (red) killed by Y
    This way if you dont recognise the nick at least you'll know who won. :)
    Same with tanks too. Who can keep track of which tank is named what when two nearby fields are duking it out.
    =TANK= (red) killed by =TANQ= again, at least you would know who is winning.

6. ppedott_vibora

[ QUOTE=skycpt ]
    Not sure if any of these are possible, Im just asking.

Cockpits - Is there anyway to darken the inside of the cockpit during dusk and night flight? Some cockpits are really bright. Its like the pilot has a 5000 candle power search light turned on in his cockpit. LoL Red lighting on instruments would be cool too.

-+->AFAIK no... :(

Tower - Again at night, when in tower selecting aircraft, player cannot see aircraft preview. I'm guessing that ien never designed game for night flight.

-+-> Idem wb "feature" nothing to do (without redraw FE)

Catapult launches - Aircraft launched from catapult start at 1000 ft. Can this be lowered? Most cats were a couple hundred feet of the water. If its a program limitation, I understand. If its a decision to help people who launch with throttle back, I understand that too. :)

-+-> Agree that catapult altitude seems exagerate, but remember: its a "gambiarra" an adaptation not planned at original WB game... so franz told me right now that this altitude circa 1000ft is only to avoid ships mast collisions, not an wild choose...

7. ppedott_vibora

[ QUOTE=skycpt] I hate to be the only one asking about possible changes. Makes me feel like I'm the only one playing on that server. :)

-+-> sometimes you (besides us) are! AND BE WELCOME!

That being said, here are two more.

Announcing that player X and player y share the same IP is great!
    Also announcing what that IP is... not so great. While showing a few people the features of TH that was the one thing they really didnt like. Computer IPs are like phone numbers for some people and they dont like them to be displayed. Worse yet I can imagine that there will be those that have the means and the bad temper to try and attack known IP numbers.

-+-> Ill send franz your concerns, I think that is really easy to modify...

When X is killed by Y is it possible to display it like this?
    player X is killed by Y
    If not how about this,
    player x (red) killed by Y
    This way if you dont recognise the nick at least you'll know who won. :)
    Same with tanks too. Who can keep track of which tank is named what when two nearby fields are duking it out.
    =TANK= (red) killed by =TANQ= again, at least you would know who is winning.

-+-> Not sure if server (or WBFE) can display more than one colour by line text... will send to franz also to check it... lets see... btw at TH every kill/death is followed by plane type wich IN MOST OF TIMES can clarify the result of battle
    :)

8. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Very true, plane type does give clue as to the outcome of who won. I forgot about that one.