chute killers

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by RayV, Jul 8, 2002.

1. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Chute killing must stop!

I hate it! Every time i jump i hope to save my streak. Just like everyone else.
    This is a flight sim not an arcade game!
    This evening i was killed again when jumping(and cleared my scores), and in frustration(after over 20 times killed while hanging on chute) i killled "deey--". Who seem not to be the one who shot me before.

!My apologize to deey--! :(

So, to all you chute killers: QUIT THIS SHIT! Or go play Quacke or something...

But let FH sim be fun and show some gallantry!

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

We all are supposed to have fun playing online. Treat everybody as friends and there will be much less whining and more good combat.

3. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

Thank you for those wise words Obi-Wan Kenob :D i

4. modano

modano Active Member

Well, I've lost a few streaks when pilots bailed in front of me. Just don't bail near me, cause I kill every chute I can. No Quarter

5. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

I never killed a chute

I've never killed a chute nor been killed when chuting..

Tell me guys is it really possible to shoot a chute???

Please,I've seen/heard ppl whining about that thing and been shoot at when in chute, but with no effect...

-thanks in advance...

6. modano

modano Active Member

yeah, you really can shoot a chute. But, you have to pop them pretty good. I've seen my 7.6 tracers hit, without a "kill"

7. thrapt

thrapt Well-Known Member

You can shoot a chute the same way you shoot a paratrooper dropped from a Li/Ju

8. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

And that feature should be defnitely disabled in WB!!! :mad: What the fuck, are we playing an air combar simulator or a gore fest kill'em all shooter for psychos??!

And what the fuck does that suppose to mean for example?? Did you your psychiatrist told you to vent out your frustrations that way?? What satisfaction you get from shooting chute?! You have fun with wasting someone's efforts to build fine stats, with ruinning somebody's fun, are you happy such "victiories" over static and defenceless "targets"? Or maybe you got high imagining that there is a real man you are shooting at, huh? You're sick, buddy! :mad:

9. Prometeo

Prometeo Well-Known Member

IMO chutes should be graphics only, without phisical entity: it shouldn't be possible both to kill and collide with chutes.
    Sometimes happened to me to unintentionally kill a chute when he jumped while I was shooting a long burst to his craft.
    In the same way happens to me to collide with chute if i'm very close to the con when he jumps.
    It would be easy to make those happenings impossible IMO.
    I think we have enough flaming reasons already, this one could be avoided :D

Best regards

Prometeo
    JG13 Loki's Kinder - Hela Jasta

10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Isn't it so (like I think) that when you jump when enemy has damaged your plane ,you "break" your streak...??

Enemy gets the kill even you eject with chute ,right??

In my opinion chutes should stay shootable ,it's more realistic that way ,and gives us an opportunity to see how many lame fellows are out there and WHO they are :mafia:

PS.interesting web page for wb plane performance charts and studies :http://www.rdrop.com/users/hoofj/index.html

11. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Jacobe please don't make me change my opinion about you!

EXCUSE ME?! You want to execute defenceless pilot hanging on his chute to be realistic?? If you're looking for such kind of realism in a flight sim then I'm sorry for you Jacobe :( And I'm also glad that you weren't born in right time/place to fight in any military conflict.

I'm afraid that guys who shoot chutes (especially those bailed out from planes shot down by someone else) are total lamers and have big problems with their psychic which requires immediate contact with appropriate doctor...

12. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

Its part of the game, im not saying i do it intentionally, But its part of the game, maybe not everyone has houner? there is a dark sde to everything, If we want this to be realistic, leave it on

(((BTW, when you bail, and watch your plane keep going, how come other pilots dont see that))

13. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Then why not to add refugee columns to strafe and bomb and maybe concentration camps too? It would be just the same type of awful murder like chute killing was IRL.

14. mexlife

mexlife Well-Known Member

15. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

But we don't need this in WB at all (tell me only one good thing it brings to gameplay!!). Besides it was evil, on of the worst kind of war crime and this is fucking inappropriate to model it in a computer game.
    Talking about realism weren't you guys bitching only week ago about "too big map" were you had to fly "whole 10 minutes" to find an enemy??

16. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

Sorry Stec,it's just my opinion...like I said I've never shot a chute nor I've never been killed when in chute (Sometimes soem moran have tried thought) I guess it's better to open your chute at last moment....or smthing..

Ain't it right that chutekillers are quite rare btw ....

-Take care guys,it's still just a game

17. cross-

cross- Member

I am strongly against chute killing. I have never done it, and it's only happened to me once: on 13/04/01 15:00 GMT spacer shot my chute.

However, this is a sim not a quake game so realism must be important, and to have honour in this sim, there must be the chance or oppertunity for dishonour. If you take away the oppertunity for the scum to do what scum do, then you take away the oppertunity for the honourable to be honourable.

I strongly suspect that those who want to remove this kind of threat are the stat mongers who just play for stats. People talk with disdain about the quakers in WB but little is said of the stat kings who are at the other end of the extremist spectrum.

Get rid of kill shooter too, and let this be the sim it was meant to be.

18. modano

modano Active Member

:director: Stec, I think you're soft. I think you still suck your mama's breasts.
    This is not a sportsman's war. Get hard! We're in the business of killing.

:director: Don't tell me about how to conduct my fight.
    I fly for the Ghosts of Ste Mere Eglise!

19. Tomkin

Tomkin Member

Youre Sick Man....

....and i hope you will soon get that the war is over.

I think we all should act here as men of honor and if we downed a plane we should leave the bailed pilot as he is!

If there are som people like you, who like to shoot at chutes, ok! But dont start to cry if ther are people who shot at you when you appear on the runway, or try to land or......

And dont say that people with other intentions are suckers. Most of them who telling this are doing it by themselves.

This is a game, not real life!

20. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

"business of killing" [​IMG]