Combat Report: 3/Jul/42

Discussion in 'I/JG54 Grunherz' started by -fla--, Mar 20, 2003.

1. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Mission: Ofensive patrol from F2 ->F5 ->F15 ->F4
    Plane: 109F2
    Pilots: -illo-, redley
    Claims: -illo-: P39, Spit5, Mig-3, P40
    redley: Yak, Mig-3
    Losses: none

Area Situation: F2 was clear, some cons were spotted on F5, while F15 was under attack by gold pilots, later it was captured. All rest of nearby area was clear.

Report: We climbed on our 109F2s with full tanks. Heading W after take off, we set climb to angles 4, keeping 10 clics of lateral separation. Once over F5 we spoted some low dots. Illo went to check them I followed, one of the dots turned out to be a con, illo was below him slowly gaining, the con bulled on vertical and illo set it on flames. We grabed back 4km, heading W to f15. Soon we spoted a low dot at 2.5k, we dived below him, making a wide circle (keeping speed) to his low 6. I aproached and at 2 clics opened fire. Yak exploded. We reclimbed and went to F15. Field was closed and only golds in area. So we went S, descending to 3km when reached N Africa. When we were E of F4 we turned to it. Soon a low dot apeared, we both engaged. After a fell moments fighting the Spit, 2 new dots apeared low over F4. We gained some alt and went checking. When we reached it we noticed a Mig, a IL2. Illo dived on Mig, Idivedd on Spit, but was a bad dive, I aborted it and went to catch illo's IL2 drag. Got a few pings on him but illo got far, chasing Mig. So I went after him, draging Spit on my low D20, IL2 landed. Soon I noticed Illo firing and flames. He got the Mig. We still had the Spit on my low 6. So I said to illo to go under me and catch him. He did so, Spit saw him only late and tryed a HO, illo avoided it and turned on him, another kill. We reclimbed to 3km and went to F4 for a final look. 2 new dots up again, Mig and P40. We waited them to get out of acks and I attacked Mig, illo followed. First dive he avoided, on second it was running in field direction, and P40 coming to me. Seing the P40 posibility to HO me, I pulled up from some distance, hoping to climb away and hammerhead him. He followed up to d7...d6 and stoped, perfect target for illo, that got him. I hammerheaded just in time to get the Mig bellow me, boom, there goes another one. With low ammo we set course E and went back to 4km. After a few minutes of travel (always with lateral separation). Illo noticed a few dot 6 co-alt. A con! I brake to NE, hoping to increase separation and making him choose. He choosed me and was gaining up fast. Following illo screams on radio I dived, making it stabilize at D4. Ping ping...got a few hits. I cut eng for a second, making a hard left turn, turn on eng, roll and a hard right turn. He can't follow, he extends, Illo is behind him but can't get, he dive away. Just as we began reclimbing (at 2.5-3km not) we notice a pair of P38s just below us, we attack one toghter, illo get a few pings on him and call bing ammo, he avoids me. We start to climb to E, to disengage. But one P38 is still on my far 6. Illo goes around and uses my drag to scare him with MGs. we climb a little and run E, than diving to 500m, in F5 direction. Just as we get near we see many dots over it. F5 is closed! Probably cons! We on low ammo and fuel go SE, around the mountains, until finaly and safely landing on F2.

Great mission illo. Thriling one!

I also have track of it, but can't atach (maybe upload somewhere).

2. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

3. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

[​IMG]
    Redley, ready to roll.

[​IMG]
    Redley sneaks in close and whacks poor red pilot into oblivion. :)

[​IMG]
    Mig-3 pilot notices that he has been suprised.

[​IMG]
    Unlike fla said...spit never saw me.
    Suprise from low 12. Nice tip from fla made this kill possible.

[​IMG]
    Redley pulls p-40 to bit dangerous but well timed drag. Few seconds later p-40 is filled with explosive 15mm shells.

4. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

Do you want my track also ?

(nice pics)

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

nice pics!

i need to get that gunsight - looks gorgeous!! :kruto:

6. -fla--

-fla-- Well-Known Member

The best one nic

7. illo