Come to play Target Rabaul :)

Discussion in 'Target Rabaul' started by illo, Jan 31, 2004.

1. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Wait, TR isn't free, is it??

If it is, i'm there :)

2. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

it is free open beta testing -- and it will remain in beta for some time, I guess; being most developed FM I have ever encountered, it has still many issues to be dealt with to be final game

when it will be "product" it will cost 10 dollars a month

3. -afi--

-afi-- Well-Known Member

Beta, here I come :)

4. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

simmer's spirit

so what exactly is the spirit?
    as i have understood last time, when i installed the beta a year ago (was v0.55 i think, which was more alpha), it seems to allow the users to create many things themselves (like adding planes, scenarios, settings etc.)? at least after the final will be out some day...
    what is the main advantage to "chaotic do what you can style il2", beside the limitation in numbers for il2?

imo, it's the old gameplay vs simulation issue: as long as something is new and offers many possibilities for high-realism, it seems to be el dorado for simmers and lacks of online-numbers. when it becomes popular then, the abusing or 'quaking' will start... or the discussion between the real simmers - i think it has been shown in all simulators till now, how different the opinions about 'realism' are amongst simmers!
    if il2-fb were a real multiplayer (like 'battle of britain' promises), i wouldn't miss anything to make it an 'event based sim' - if enough are willing to script the events for others. that happens in general, when the game is still in an 'intimate' state, when the numbers come to the arenas i have seen it gone often (only talks about the 'old, intimate times' remain)

maybe that's why they keep it still buggy beta in targetware: to keep the enthusiasts together in low numbers. anyway i think it is progressing too slow...

i will try the actual version once more now :)

5. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Ain't fair, illo. I was on their page, no chance to create an account or download anything. Saying some shit about 13-year old age at both buttons (below 13 and above -- no difference) and an empty download page as well (currently unavailable). Damn.

6. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

My apologies. After basic client part has been installed all is functional. But strange that it didn't allow even to register without a client...

7. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

If you want nice graphics, set object detail to 0 (removes dots and uses 3d models instead) and texture size to 1024.
    those are the two most important graphic settings.

Viewing range 15000-20000 is best imho.

8. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Latest patch increaced fps some. I hope it is enough.

9. tralkpha

tralkpha Well-Known Member

Im on my way

10. gunn-r

gunn-r Well-Known Member

T:R rocks, imho. Plus, illo is always there to kindly answer my n00b-nagging :)

Z, I got MiG Alley on a CD, pm me if you still want it. Not sure about an FTP on my puter, but we can work something out.

11. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

2 exec
    может перенести этот топик в соответсвующий раздел?

12. -nevo-

-nevo- Member

It is funny talking about realism in sims!
    I heard from real pilots: FLYING SIMULATION IS LIKE LOOK AT SEX THROUGH NEIGHBOUR WINDOW! :UU: :nono: :)
    TR is all in all cool simulation!

13. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

You are right, nevo; sims can never give us feeling of sitting in the plane and controling it, looking around etc; they can, tho, model plane°s behaviour to perfection. This is the category where sims and "realism" are usually declined together.

Imho, concerning this shape of realism, TR is otw to so far not achieved level.

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

hey! simulation does not mean marriage :)

могу. щас подумаю тока, надо ли. вроде начало было рекламным. правда потом пошло обсуждение... думаю ты прав.

topic is moved to appropriate forum: Target Rabaul.

15. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

CC that! Here the talking about REALISM is only used to get this game even more unbalanced. ;)

Good balanced gameplay GOOD.1 ping outclimb-dive-roll BAD. Imho planes should have 'a match' on otherside ....for good gaming ,where skill is more the point than planes performance.

Wish the connection improve since the donationstuff ...It's really great to have a fight (even if loose :) ) when connection is ok with no warps.

Don't know about you ,but for me wb is best at good fair dogfight.

I enjoy FH still ..even the MA is full of bad behaving arsehole kids nowdays.There's no way back when guys respected eachother I guess.Hatered is spreading in ma ,can you feel it?? I've had lots of great times here ,but I don't like to spend my time with some morons I find when starting a game when some freetime to enjoy and relax with this virtual nonsence :)

<S>

-resignition parers otw

16. -nevo-

-nevo- Member

I know what you mean Jacobe. FH is perfect for good dogfight. The FM is also one of the best. It is satisfaction to fly good dogfight on FH, anyway it ends! (win or loss)
    But when you talking about skill!: in TR, TK etc. is the skill more fundamental like in FH, I think! You must controll the engine, prop, radiator, fuel etc.( :super: ) Who master this, is the king of the sky! In FH you need to take care just about the FM( :flyer: )! That is the difference!

17. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

+ FM is far less simplified in wbfh and less accurate

18. Lince

Lince Member

Where can i find that films again illo?

Pos and Cons IL2FB vs TR?

19. -nevo-

-nevo- Member

Il-2FB vs TR? That is a long story!
    You must try it on your own, to decide.
    Someone like FB and says that TR sucks! And who like TR says the same on FB.
    Me opinion: In the TR looks the enviroment, graphic, skins much more realistic. :cheers: :@drunk:
    I can not say, which FM is better, which engine managment is the real one. I am not the real prop pilot.
    But I like much more TR than FB. May be because in TR is F4U! :super:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  20. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well, Lince.. hard to say
    TR rocks in realism concerning overall FMs and FMs of particular planes, the way you handle them, how the enviroment look like etc.

IL2 is balanced game - TR is still beta; TR is online based sim while IL2 is not

it depends on you what you prefer