Dieppe

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tipiss, Jul 23, 2003.

1. tipiss

tipiss Well-Known Member

http://www.archives.ca/05/0534_e.html

this is part of the canadian national archives website, really cool footage and pics with timeline of the battle.

Can also see some of the planes during the attack. I,m not 100 percent sure about it but I think the battle of Dieppe was the biggest air battle of the war... and I'm sure lots of you guys will go through your books and websites to verify this info. :ass:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  2. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    The biggest mistake we made at Dieppe was in NOT waiting until the yankees were online and teaming up with THEM in that raid. Yanks understand Canucks, we spoke similar english and did not chose our military leaders from an inbred, cousin-fucking , "upper class."
    Just think what we could have done there if it were the "Devil's brigade" landing at Dieppe, supported by a decent amount of planning and logistics...
    "Send in those Colonial chaps, where are they from? Canada, yes, wot, hip hip, yes, the canary islnders, wot. Oh, CANADA? The hell you say, wot wot, hip hip wot, old chap, wot wot, hip hip, wot." Me go along? not, wot wot, hip hip, wot, I must attend cricket and then go home to my cousin/wife, wot wot hip hip, wot."
    Yes, leave it up to the colonials from, where were they from? wot.
    Make sure the Royal Navy buggers off when the fire fight is fierce, oh, and split their force into two parts, wot woth, hip hip, wot. Also, make them land in two waves, wot wot hip hip, wot..
    Abandon them. wot wot. Hip hip wot.
    Now, onto the cricket scores....
    Hmmmm.

:D :D :D

[totally tongue in cheek. Okay? I have read about that raid and understand what went wrong. Hindsight is always 20-20]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2003