Difference between FW190A varients?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by p0wdr-, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I know xela isn't the most popular person around, but he has given me a very good fight on more than one occasion, which did NOT merely boil down to one-pass-haul-ass.
    But I agree, illo was a nightmare in his 190. When you saw a 190 and knew beforehand it was him, you could just as well bail right then and there; the end result was usually the same. :@prayer:

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i used to love doing entire hit-n-run ToDs..
    as red: p40, tiffie, la5, p51, tempest (i can barely remember the planes nowadays haha)
    as gold: mc?, 190, 262

it was as simple as having patience (the one true quality i value in WB): climb and level far from the battle at 2km up to top lvl speed. head for the fight. people cant find you and chase unless its a high enemy runner.. and in such cases, all you need to do is dive (thats why i always kept the 2km margin) down to the deck until safe. the enemy will likely climb for another target, but if he chases, he'll lose a lot of E with compression (he was higher) and will see its a bad deal.
    my greatest enemy was the fear of taking off again and risking my streaks.. i hate that feeling.. and in the end i start flying bombers hahaha

on the opposite end were my ki43 love fests.. do a perpendicular immelman in the enemies crosshair, then twist around and shoot a couple of 12mms into his cockpit.. just need a damn sharp SA to keep flying. furballs can get pretty tough in that aspect! maybe its because of these moments that im frenetically checking all rearview mirrors when driving nowadays... HEOUAsheoAUsheoa :p

3. p0wdr-

p0wdr- Well-Known Member

Performance drop of 190A at those med-high alts I usually engage can really reduce the number of passes I get, especially against spit9s.

nicae: La5 is hit and run?

4. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

when i used to play it was :)

5. --maty

--maty Well-Known Member

Since La-5 goes to flat spin unpredictably it's definitely hit&run craft.