Ditching

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Cabron, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

What might be cool is for the program to know when it was not shut down properly by having a log it looks at every time it boots.

On start-up of the launcher or game, if the log does not show proper closedown of program, it will assume you had a bad connection or disco and automatically run the ping program for 30 seconds before starting the program much like windows used to run scandisk from a bad shutdown.

I used to think that all the "pilot leaves" followed by "pilot enters arena" were from guys saving every mission track but the fact that we don't see many tracks posted probably means they alt/F4.

Can it be coded to remove alt/F4 functionality and require you to instead control/alt/delete, scroll down the task manager to find wb3d.exe and then close the program?

Those few extra seconds might go a long way toward minimizing the alt/f4 dweebs.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Good point.

Sock puppets that threaten US citizens via the internet and especially US citizens that are employees of and/or contractors to the US government are in violation of Home Land Security acts and should be reported.

The office of Homeland Security takes these threats very seriously and no matter the source all are invetigated.

Sock puppets should think very carefully before engaging in these kinds of activities.

:D

3. looseleaf

What would be even cooler is that the admins monitor the game closer and just ban those who abuse the system.

4. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

anyone else think it's weird that looseleaf is invoking the US homeland security system when he's filled pages on this forum attacking the US police state responsible for 9-11 and the international ruling elite?

5. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Not much ditching the last couple of days.

I guess ditching now takes too long so they ack dive or just plain dive into the ground and get rewarded with the star trek transporter sending them home to launch another plane that will be sacrificed to kill a single 12mm ack or take 2% from a destroyer.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  6. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

I only read first posting. Don't care about kills/score girl.

7. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

iEN 2.77 used to credit a ditch kill to the killer (although the ditcher had to have sustained hits). It was FH that introduced a survival ditch if the ditcher was nearer to a home base than a enemy base. Should be easy to reverse.

8. looseleaf

I still do not understand the reason why if an opponent ditches either due to combat damage or just as a result of being in the presence of the enemy- out of fuel etc. , there should be a "kill" or "victory" to the player who caused the damage.

The strange thing is that there are maneuver kills credited when a player crashes due to spin, stall or structural failure and not bailing-out. So why not a "ditch kill or victory" ?

Even sometimes the maneuver kill goes to the nearest opponent and not the player that was engaged fighting directly!

I would think that in "real life" if one helped in getting the enemy to ditch it was counted as a kill/victory.

:dunno:

9. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

ditched

Here is a 16 second track where I taxi to the end of a runway, put one wheel off, exit plane, and get credited with a "ditch".

The issue is that you get the same "ditch" with half the plane on the runway of your own field that a dweeb gets 100 miles from home base ditching on the water.

I agree there is a problem with the crediting of a maneuver kill to anybody nearby whenever a kill is registered to an undamaged plane but I don't think that part can be changed.

Still.....I would like to believe that the guy who caused the opponent's plane to need to ditch should get the kill so the error percentage in that someone get's wrongly credited for a kill is not any higher than it is currently.

If you are ditching or crashing near enough an enemy that he get's credit for a maneuver kill, then it's likely he is the reason you would be ditching and therefore deserves the kill.

If somebody took off from a slowed cv and crashes or ditches off the end of the carrier, then it's a pretty good possibility that the enemy nearby who might get credit is the guy who caused the cv to be slow or has been engaged in fighting the ditcher/crasher.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  10. looseleaf

If that is the case then I made several golds aces and all they had to do was circle the CV and watch me try to take-off with a loaded F4u.. only one laughed so hard that he crashed and I got a kill before I flipped into the water for the 15th time.... next time I will have to charge admission!

:D

11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

What is weird is having an Israeli citizen (Michael Chertoff) as the director of homeland security for the United States. What is even weirder is that this is the same man who "quietly released" the 5 dancing Israelis who were seen celebrating the "attacks" in the park near WTC, one of whom returned to Israel after September 11th and went on TV saying "Our purpose was to document the event"

On that same train of thought, I advise all Americans to exercise their right to bear arms, get tons of ammo and a gas mask too.

Mr. Mason wants a million man army to deal with the Americans that know the truth about Sept. 11

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  12. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Maybe thier purpose became "to document the event" after it happened to occur near enough such that they could witness it.

Back on topic.

I ditched today during a fight and the kill was awarded to the guy who landed a few hits.

I'm hoping this means that the admins did something recently to change ditch and kills definitons?

Also....does the LA really climb like a ME163 as shown?

crazyclimbtrack

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Did you ditch near an enemy field? If you did, then the kill will be awarded to the enemy.

14. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I authored this thread because I had many an enemy ditch near my field in the water and get denied kill so I was wondering if something has changed.

If you ditch anywhere other than on or very near your own field should credit kill to whoever shot you up.

15. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

this is really getting quite pathetic :D

17. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I am asking a question you chump.

Did they change something concerning ditching recently?

Pretty simple question.

"Yes" or "no" are what I am looking for.

18. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

19. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member