DON'T install GNU/Linux!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Dec 26, 2021.

1. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

You’re not going to find it unless you are using X plane 10 ().

Flk likes this.
  3. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

[ don’t think I have the money or the computing resources for a copy of X plane 11 and all of the bells and whistles that would come with a big spanking brand new PC…]

4. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Have you tried FlightGear? My son is playing it, it seems quite realistic (and dull).

5. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I think I have X-Plane in my bones now [muscle memory some people call it..... I mean all the combo keys and stuff like that.
    I have tried Flight Gear and it looks to me, um Meh.
    I am going to get me tha best Video Card that will fit in this machine and see if that works. IF it doesn't I don't care too much, I will waite a couple years and then I will get a new PC anyway [we all have to, sooner or later...]
    IF I had not spent about 15 years using X-Plane than perhaps Flight gear would NOT give me a terrible headache.... EVERYTHING in Flight-gear is soooo different.
    I want to stick with what I know best.
    [For example I am, Right Now downloading X-Plane 11 just to see if it works on this PC. Perhaps I can use it with some settings turned down...]

6. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

hmmm.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Bq4QFHCiQ41Qy189
    It is completely different and It only has demo mode, so stops after ten minutes. BUT it looks like it will run on this PC.
    I could just say WTF and purchase it and then go through hell for a few months.... Or I could just use the X-Plane 10 and wait till I have bought a whole new PC... I have to anyway...