Drugging of USA soldiers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezey, Nov 11, 2010.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

"...U.S. combat troops are taking daily doses of antidepressants to calm nerves strained by repeated and lengthy tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. The medicines are intended not only to help troops keep their cool but also to enable the already strapped Army to preserve its most precious resource: soldiers on the front lines. Data contained in the Army's fifth Mental Health Advisory Team report indicate that, according to an anonymous survey of U.S. troops taken last fall, about 12% of combat troops in Iraq and 17% of those in Afghanistan are taking prescription antidepressants or sleeping pills to help them cope. Escalating violence in Afghanistan and the more isolated mission have driven troops to rely more on medication there than in Iraq, military officials say.

At a Pentagon that keeps statistics on just about everything, there is no central clearinghouse for this kind of data, and the Army hasn't consistently asked about prescription-drug use, which makes it difficult to track. Given the traditional stigma associated with soldiers seeking mental help, the survey, released in March, probably underestimates antidepressant use. But if the Army numbers reflect those of other services — the Army has by far the most troops deployed to the war zones — about 20,000 troops in Afghanistan and Iraq were on such medications last fall. The Army estimates that authorized drug use splits roughly fifty-fifty between troops taking antidepressants — largely the class of drugs that includes Prozac and Zoloft — and those taking prescription sleeping pills like Ambien.

In some ways, the prescriptions may seem unremarkable. Generals, history shows, have plied their troops with medicinal palliatives at least since George Washington ordered rum rations at Valley Forge. During World War II, the Nazis fueled their blitzkrieg into France and Poland with the help of an amphetamine known as Pervitin. The U.S. Army also used amphetamines during the Vietnam War.

The increase in the use of medication among U.S. troops suggests the heavy mental and psychological price being paid by soldiers fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Pentagon surveys show that while all soldiers deployed to a war zone will feel stressed, 70% will manage to bounce back to normalcy. But about 20% will suffer from what the military calls "temporary stress injuries," and 10% will be afflicted with "stress illnesses." Such ailments, according to briefings commanders get before deploying, begin with mild anxiety and irritability, difficulty sleeping, and growing feelings of apathy and pessimism. As the condition worsens, the feelings last longer and can come to include panic, rage, uncontrolled shaking and temporary paralysis. The symptoms often continue back home, playing a key role in broken marriages, suicides and psychiatric breakdowns. The mental trauma has become so common that the Pentagon may expand the list of "qualifying wounds" for a Purple Heart — historically limited to those physically injured on the battlefield — to include posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on May 2 that it's "clearly something" that needs to be considered, and the Pentagon is weighing the change.

Which means that any drug that keeps a soldier deployed and fighting also saves money on training and deploying replacements. But there is a downside: the number of soldiers requiring long-term mental-health services soars with repeated deployments and lengthy combat tours. If troops do not get sufficient time away from combat — both while in theater and during the "dwell time" at home before they go back to war — it's possible that antidepressants and sleeping aids will be used to stretch an already taut force even tighter. "This is what happens when you try to fight a long war with an army that wasn't designed for a long war," says Lawrence Korb, Pentagon personnel chief during the Reagan Administration...."

Quote from:
    Click

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

wait, I gotta edit this as it is badly made. That said, I am so pissed off about this, I am pissed off so much that if I were healthier I would do something about it. But I have been de-motivated by years of SSRIs and then some heart attacks and a couple ceribral hemorages in the frontal lobes, right and left.
    Wait.
    Be right back with a properly edited rant.

Mkay, I back. Here is the repaired rant:

Lycergic acid is in many fungi. It is easy to get, to find. It is pretty effective as a demotivator. Getting stoned on that stuff makes humans ineffective at work. Those troops being experimented with were part of testing to see if LSD could be used in chemical warfare, to neutralize enemy.
    The stuff the USA is drugging it's troops with are based on the four quadrants of Psych Mind Control: Ephedrine, Caffeine, Codeine and Cocaine. Those four are motivators, more useful in mind control than they are as de-motivators. The drug industry based in and supported by the US and it’s government is cynically using those four quadrants to make troops behave in predictable ways. Little consideration is given to the effects on those troops over the long term.
    If you wish to know how those substances effect men over the long term, it is best to examine how German troops like SS [NAZI fanatics] and regular Japanese troops [who all were fanatics because of the sham cult called Shinto]. Japanese troops behaved like rabid nanimals so often because those men were brain damaged from a steady diet of day in and day out Ephedrine use and little or no food once surrounded. SS troops were so often amazingly brutal because of the sham religion Nazi-ism and Ephedrine. Now, the USA is handing out ephedrine based drugs and opiate [and caffeine] and coca in the form of remixes, so-called designer drugs; antidepressants and anti-psychotics and hypnotics. The drugs are like a demon, they get in and are very difficult to ward off once they take hold and they turn men into zombies and or savage beasts over time. I do not understand why the USA and it's puppets are so in love with the quadrant. Well, maybe I do understand. I sure don't like it.

4 = quarto or quadra. ECCC stack is the quadrant of psychoactive drugs I mentioned above, all of which [witch] are essential for the modern methods Psychiatry uses in it's mind control agenda.
    It is called the ECCC stack. And sometimes designer remixes called ECCA stack or ECA stack OR ECAC etc. All tidy patented recipes. Ephedrine, caffeine, codeine, cocaine and ASA. Or ephedrine, caffeine, codeine and cocaine and ASA. [did I already say that?] Names like Zeproxicolog and Glaxnopitial etc. Easy to fool a so often duped population. Just ask any thinking man who went through NAZI time or Stalin's years or the fuckin Chinese commies, Mau Mau, Cambodian Pol Pot assholes.....
    5% to 15% [numbers are well concealed and missreported] of the population of the United states at any given time is drugged on one or another of the remixes the ECCA or ECCC or ECA stack as the SOLE ingredients or bases for:
    Mind control.
    Ever met a speed freak?
    Or a Coke head?
    or a Opiaum eater?
    or a jumpy asshole who is caffeined next to you at work?
    [ASA is a chemical binding agent, it is some sort of nitrate and attaches easily to the others and gets through the Blood/Brain barrier, essential to get human wired on and controlled by the other three or four].
    Sieg hiel. Sieg Pharma
    And the television watching population of the USA and many of it's puppets are falling for the same group of shamans and kow-towing to them. Handing over power that used to belong and be the domain of parents and relatives and preachers. Now Psych is controller and I don't see any future for the people of the USA. I see that nation and it's people as a terrible threat to humanity. And too, with help from it's puppets and proxies, like Israel, GB etc... I think Yankee youth [and eventually adults, tomorrow's 'leaders'] are gonna wind up like the SS or the poor drugged Japanese troops AND THEIR LEADERS. I wonder how many of the leadership of the USA is fucked up like Hitler was? I believe the Russians have some skull bone of Hitler's. I wonder if those bone fragments have any evidence of the ephedrine I believe he was hooked on and controlled by his doctor with?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. noisul2008

noisul2008 Banned

well, well...
    now i understand why some of the warbirds pilots demonstrate a so good CLIMBING! :fly2:

5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

6. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

A fishing buddy has a "I heart Fallujah" bumper sticker on his truck, but I don't.

Enough is enough is enough.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

The whole land is tragic. There must be some meaning to that bumper sticker that you don't appreciate. I don't either, but not because of the place or it's inhabitants, but becuase I disapprove of USA and it's pupets raping the people and property of Iraq and hence, Fallujah.
    It was a modern state with a worthy population. You know, HUMANS? PEOPLE? Now, the country is a hellhole.
    Next? Iran...

Enough is enough? Indeed.

8. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Limitess suply of this for eli Lilly and Squib.
    From my wise perspective, I can observe the changes that have come over people in this culture. One of the most subtle, yet dramatic is the willingness to use psychoactive drugs not for fun but just 'to cope.' We used to call a dope user who 'needs' his dope, a DRUG ADDICT. Now that loser is called a Psyche Patient.
    Sorry.
    No, not sorry.
    I don't have enough venus to spread the word. I am not a scientologist. But I sure do like that fearless stance that cult has taken. SOMEONE HAS TO PUT THE MESSAGE OUT.
    Hollywood dupes people. So why not use hollywood for some good duping too?
    Oh, have I upset you? Poor baby. If it gets really bad, you can always 'ask your doctor if venlaxafine is right for you.'

FUCKING PSYCHE DOCTORS:
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every problem is a nail.

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

If you assume such moral heights, your fall may be all the more harmful. Hope you can handle HALO from such hyperbole :)

10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

What is a "GO"-pill usa soldiers use & are forced to use?

11. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I believe the go pills are amphetamines. Again, there is nothing new under the sun. All the psyche drugs are made of those four or five building blocks I told you about. If your drug law was like food laws you would be able to see what is in your drugs. There would be a list of ingredients, like Sulfur, Acetic acid, Opium, sodium chloride.... sucrose... etc. You wouldn't see the patent copyright name, you would see what the shit really is. Ephedrine, caffeine codien, cocaine and ASA and a handful of others. None of them made by the hand of man, all of them the same mind altering shit that was poisoning us since we learned to forage for edible plants. The psyche drug industry is a con. It is a racket.

12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

With all due respect, could you re-word that question so I can ponder the gist rather than the wording or grammar or whatever? What do you mean by:
    "Hope you can handle HALO from such hyperbole"
    Hyperbole? Your question reads not even like hyperbole, even a circle has a logic. It looks more like bafflegab to me, worded like that. "Grasshopper, what is the sound of one mortal coil snapping?"

I haven't played that video game HALO. I understand it is post apocalypse fantasy? Like Battle Circle [Peirs Anthony] books.... et al.
    I am reading right now, in fits and starts [very tough reading] "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee." It is hard to take. And it is history, not fantasy. I have read some about Dark ages in Euro-Asia. I have read some about @10,000 years of China. @8,000 years of India. @6,000 years of Judaea. @20,000 years of nomads and townies in the Americas. All had their ups and downs and all are bitter and cynical in my view. There is nothing new under the sun. I really don't think life is better for the masses. People continue to hunt and fish and farm and flee and starve and suffer plague and war [and fuck and suck and feast and play, when they have time and leasure]. People continue to beg The Great Fungus, pleading "Why Oh Great Fungus, Must We suffer Like This!?" and, "Thank you, oh Great Fungus, for keeping my dick hard and my wife fecund."
    Now a virus infecting the Planet's Strata, a newcomer, is threatening to eliminate the Great Fungus' breath. For good. Even the Great Fungus is gravely threatened, as it relies on it's strata in order for it to gain nourishment [just as we do ours]. IF IT THINKS AND KNOWS, it is surely plotting the end of the Virus we call Humanity. I doubt, if it thinks, it is viewing us with benevolence. We do not view resistant bacteria benevolently, nor virii that infect our strata and substrata. We seek, coldly, without any consideration for the virii's welfare or feelings, to eliminate that thing. And it doesn't work.
    Humans are not in control here. We are a mote in God's eye and are becoming a plank. And the eye of The Beholder is gonna pull the plug, if it sees and thinks and knows. We like to belive it does see and think and know..... FEAR IT OR ELSE
    I am dying. I can do nothing. I don't think we can get out of this condition, WE are dying.
    Yeast.
    Human industry has brought on much desease, desease that was not infectious in previous times. But is now.
    Yeast.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  13. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

thanks for your reply biles.pls check the thread "2012.. so?" where I replied.

14. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

No, you don't understand the meaning of his sticker. He's making an ironic statement, because he was fighting there.

No one is arguing with you about the war being bad. Do you think anyone needs to be convinced of that?

I know you're just playing around, so not sure why I bother. Sigh...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  15. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Been reading Vonnegut again? :) Anyway, I was using a bad and poorly expressed metaphor. Something like: you're speaking with such "high" moral authority (and making such extreme claims about drugs, etc.), you'd need to parachute down back to earth.

16. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I am not playing around, It won't be long and I will have no voice, no ego. I don't mind that. ["mind," is that irony?] I have few venues left to express myself without fear of being thoughtlessy dominated and squelched. This is one of those few.
    When I awoke, much of my past thirty years was missing in my memory. It still is. The Great Fungus has that stuff in Hard Memory. I believe that! [Some call Her/Him/ It. Ja or Maja. IT is ubiquitous]
    I awoke and it wasn't more than a month and I could not wait to find Freehost. I did not know my own second name [Mikhail] but I remembered biles, rudeboy [not passwords though] and Freehost. Funny eh?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  17. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

No. Not funny at all.

Are you taking that choline and inositol ? Also grab some Curcumin.

All that stuff helps put back the connections in the brain cells.

It also breaks-up any plaques that stop the neuro-transmitters from sending and receiving signals...

give it a try it can't hurt !!!!

18. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

"...Choline... "

And all the soap this side of hell
    Won't wash away that fishy smell

I am eating well enough.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  19. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Psychiatry has assumed moral heights. Not me. I have no power. Psychiatry has power and it is authority based and backed.
    The biochemical model of mental illness is not a thing. It is a model. A philosophy. A belief or beliefs.
    There are no proofs of any mental illness that can be found in either biopsy or autopsy.
    There are proofs for physical illnesses.
    In mental 'health' there is only judgement by those who have assumed moral heights. In the DSM, in every section, there are words and terms used that give away the fact that there are few facts in the book.
    Read the DSM-IV [soon DSM-V].
    Read about psych drugs used and read about the theory of how the drugs work and what they are doing. In the chemical effects being claimed; It is assumed, is presumed, is thought to, is believed to have an effect that is thought to or believed to have a beneficial effect on a subject mind...
    The lawyers who edit the DSM are pretty savvy about what can get a medical doctor sued and how that medical doctor has to state his case to a patient.
    If a medical doctor tells you what is your disease, you can ask that doctor for proof. If he cannot find proof, he is assuming, presuming, believing. That is not science, it is philosophy.
    With the human mind being the way it is, there is no way for another to look at it. Only the brain can be looked at, thoughts cannot. They can only be guessed at, presumed, believed and presumed.
    Read the DSM. Don't spout off. Read about the Biochemical Model of metal illness. A model. Be aware that there aren't any mental disorders that have a known chemical cause. There are brain diseases that have causes and those causes can be determined in biopsy and autopsy. None of the 'mental disorders' can be tested using a lab method. None.
    And you accuse me of assumptions? I say, as far as mental disorders and biological model of metal illness:
    cui bono?

:duel:

Me presume?
    Okay, here is someone else's lofty presumptions. If you look, you will see. If you put on blinkers you will see what blinkers allow.

"...Psychiatrists have yet to conclusively prove that a single mental illness has a biological or physical cause, or a genetic origin. Psychiatry has yet to develop a single physical test that can determine that an individual actually has a particular mental illness. Indeed, The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders uses behavior, not physical symptoms, to diagnose mental illness, and it lacks both scientific reliability and validity..."

KEITH HOELLER - Seattle Post Intelligencer Aug 29, 2003

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  20. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member