errors of version 1.67?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Jul 26, 2008.

1. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

well then you'd have to take off 50kg of all the soviet planes

everyone knows they've been eating rats over there and surely they were underweight

3. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

maybe through 43, but after that they fattened up on german babies

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

However, even though the dive recovery flaps/surfaces were not designed to improve maneuverability, they do effect maneuverability. Much like anything extending from the aircraft does. Not that I'm disagreeing, just reiterating. :)

Still wonder if a rear view mirror will ever be implemented as a rear view someday. I'm hoping! :D

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  5. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Last Zeke (previous maybe too, I don't know) cannot take off from CV when it is not at full speed (with flaps too). When CV is at full speed, it is not problem with 250kg bomb.

6. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

You sure that's an error? And are you comparing 250kg on a CV without wind to 250kg on a CV with wind or an empty configuration without wind vs a loaded one with wind?

Oh, and also, by last Zeke and previous to last Zeke do you mean A6M5b and a, or A6M5 and A6M3. As the latter has a lower take-off weight if I recall correctly.

-Z

7. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

In case that plane like Zeke cannot take off with 30% fuel, with flaps and light from non top speed CV, yes, it's error for me ;) All buffs and 109T are ok and I don't need flaps.

8. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Zeke is faster than Spit2, Hurr12x7 turns better than Zeke, Hurr is better in dive than Dora, 109E landed with 322x7 from d2-d1... I am tired, omw to play tetris.

9. thug

thug Well-Known Member

don't

When I log on, the information screen that pops up is huge, I can't even close it, I have to go to select field or select plane to remove it. The same thing happens anytime I check roster or field information from the tower. I have my wbs set on 640 resolution, I'm sure it's related. Never happend before this last update.

The new gunnery is strange, 12mm can't hit beyond d6 now, why change that? both sides have 12mm there is no red/gold advantage. and 30/37/40mm is jacked up too!!! here's the deal, just because you "CAN" change something in the game doesn't mean that you "SHOULD." On the update it said 30mm was changed to prevent "spraying", come on wtf? spraying is wbs, why do you think the saying is "spray and pray"?

I've been playing wbs in some form for 11 years, to change the gunnery range is sacreligious, please put it back.

The b25h is slower now? you guys managed to jack up 75% of my favorite rides. just keep making those spits better though! pretty soon everyone will be flying either a spit or the new gold spit(j2m).

10. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Re: don't

[​IMG]

11. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if p38 has increased lower flap speed, I tested it in TA and it looks similar:
    1-300mph
    2-250mph
    3-200mph
    4-170mph

Rudder seems OK

P38 still have this superB flaps, or it is removed too?

Stall speed is still so high, but I don't believe that we have p38 with 70mph stall speed anytime:rolleyes:

12. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

hugob, flaps have been modified for the P-38L only! And yes, the L can now pop one notch of flaps at speeds of 350 mph (possibly faster ... I'm not sure).

13. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Why is 109g2r6 available and 109g2 not? :rolleyes:

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

rps bug, g2/r6 appearing one month earlier.
    will fix it.

15. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

[​IMG]

Hurry up, Will.

16. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

LOL :D

17. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

it's my error. i made this box bigger for convenient reading of .ros, .field, .help etc.
    i tested it in 640 software mode.
    i did not expected that in 640 3d mode it is even larger.
    issue already reported and will be wixed.

it is described in "changes".
    weapon ranges are set to cease long-range spray and pray tactics that is quite random and was irritating players for years.
    now player must close to enemy for distance of sure shot.

b-25 speeds are taken from Joe Baugher.
    j2m turn rate will be normalised
    btw, low altitude performance of yak-1 and yak-7b set to more realistic numbers.

18. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

And it is? Slower or faster? I think that Yak1 is quite slow now. No joking ;) Is FH Yak1 with M 105 P, VK-105 PA or 105 PF?

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

yak-1 series 20, with 105pa. made a little slower than in 1.66, but now more powerful in accel and vertical.

yak-7b is probably slower than previous yak-9 (i did not compared), but much more stable and with better turn (worse roll, however). yak-7 is military version of advanced trainer uti-26-2 (learning-training fighter 26 two seat). uti-26-2 was intended as training equipment for yak-1/3 line, but in war it became yak-7/9 line itself.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  20. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Here's my point, all the other changes were made to make planes(and the game) more "historically accurate," I understand why the B25H was slowed down, I was just complaining. The gunnery is a different story, I'd like to see some historical proof that every pilot closed to a close range for the "sure shot" and didn't spray like a mad men from 1500meters away. I bet many pilots fired every round of ammo in combat and completly missed everything during the war. I also bet there were many long-distance kills in the air, beyond 1000meters.
    If some irritating tactics need to be changed, work on the self-kill tactic. You would be treated like gods if you fixed that one.