Fishing

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Uncles, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Anyone been fishing this summer? I have :)

Doing this tenkara-style fishing, and it's awesome:

https://youtu.be/Bgjq_p-6h_A

You can also use these techniques in small ponds, lakes, and streams. It really works! Now I prefer it to traditional USA bass fishing.

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

You understand Chinese????????? WOW.
    Just kidding, don't say it.

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

It is casting with a fly rod.... ?
    [I bet I missed the point]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

No, I'm sure that you understand :) It's essentially fly fishing without the reel. One simply ties the fly to the tippet (2...5 US feet length of fancy monofilament/fluorocarbon line), which is attached to traditional fly line (furled or level) -- normally ~ 11...14 feet US.

I'm not a bourgeois type Americano fly fisherman. I dig/appreciate the Japanese aesthetic and the way they do stuff.

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I was not paying attention to detail, sorry. I see a line of men and women all along a river catching everything that comes by it makes me want to commit mass m.... oh, never mind.
    Yes, the man was having a nice quiet time, fishin. And it was for fun, not fishy fishy bite my hook, you will be dinner, I will be cook....
    Mind you, I do like to fry up a little trout and have some eggs and toast. I like to keep a fish, if I catch five. Let four go.
    Sometimes let them all go of course. No savage gringo is me either.
    Nor that man fishing in the film.
    I bet, traditionally, he would be doing that fishing on the sly, at least back in the day, all land was owned. He is using ancient tradition of poaching method [that is why the trout I have cooked my favourite way with eggs is called poached trout and, well, poached eggs too. Mmmmmmm. No accident there. A line and a hook is small gear to take when poaching. A net is expensive and visible and back in the day, would get your balls cut off.
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015