For Aike message

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Supong, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Supong

Supong Member

Dear WBFH friends:
    I want thanks to all, and in special to AIKE, the made effort he improve the model of damages and firings in the airplanes of the LW, the difference with the model of days ago it is very remarkable.
    But even it is left something to do, I put an example to him:
    a single impact of 20mm of a Hispanic guesses right in my stab, and takes all the later surfaces of control of the airplane (stab horizontal, vertical and to rudder), 5 impacts of 0,303 give the same result, I lose all the tail. 8 impacts of 20mm (single it shoots with tube) of 109 E4 and F4 (it happen the same in both cases) demolish to a Spit and a Hurricane, but they take much in falling to the ground, and, this is very important, is seen fall the horizontal stabilizer and nevertheless it continues maneuvering with certain agility in the horizontal plane, never I have seen lose completely shooting single the later section with 20mm (with 30mm if I have seen explode and lose all the tail to the allied airplane), although gunstat marked impacts in Stab (608.5) to rudder (515.8) and elev (615), a pair of cases, and single after innumerable impacts of 20mm in its fuselage and wings to a distance of less of D1.8 and with convergence of the arms in 175 (I insist, single firing tube, because it has seemed me that if is used tube and machine guns simultaneously the damage is smaller (©).
    If single firing machine guns (7,9 mm or 13mm) damages are not appraised nor I have been able to demolish to anybody. That conseguireis an optimal degree of damages, but agreed to the real mode of damages.
    But tell me your opinions, is not excessive the fire power of the allied arms, and small the one of the arms of the LW? You remember, 8 impacts of 20mm to very short distance.
    Thanks for all good that you make by all the virtual pilots.
    I beg your pardon being so heavy in my complaints, but I believe that it is good that they become you criticize of these things stops then you must improve them ,and remember i,m the best because i,ve got the best aircraft of the squad,so as i said improve.

Hauptfeldwebel Supong
    Geschwader Adjutant
    Stab / JG 52

2. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Some things never change...

3. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

When I see something like this, I start to laugh a lot :D

4. demian

demian Well-Known Member

you b..ch..:) wtf u have to comment others:) ?

I am so happy that you had to be first one replying to this message:eek:

5. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

As for me, it was nice time in late 1.66 period when 20mm lethality was increased, golds died from 1-3 20mm, single hispano or shvak to any stab cut it in almost 100% cases and made hvy gover to wings, but at last reds got almost the same with mg-151 :).

6. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Gold 30mm is too strong.

7. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

Don't! Some of my greates moments in FH were in the more serious squads!! =)
    I'll like to mention JG54, a squad -illo- formed and pilots were allowed only 1 life per ToD! :)

JG54 sub forum: http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45 :fly2:

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

What did you do after that one life expired? Just stop playing until the next TOD? :dunno:

9. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

There is no easy nor definitive answer to this way too old question.

Here is once source:

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/WW2guneffect.htm

One of the problem the Germans had in fighter defense against American bombers was time of target in cross hairs.

They had calculated the time required to shoot enough ordinance at a bomber for a reasonable chance of causing damage to effect a shoot-down or make the plane unusable.
    If memory serves it was something like 6 seconds with machine guns.

I think that turned-out to be more than two passes and the odds of not getting damaged during those two or three passes was practically nil.

So Germans needed to use 20mm or bigger for that one pass knock-down.

Even so the German 20mm and 30mm were real killers in specification and round per second per weight of round per weight of gun per ammo capacity...blah blah blah....

the end result was the Browning .50cal and certain Russian guns/cannon were the big winners due to the number used per plane, and the ammo loads.

Browning M2 .50cal was dependable, low maintenance and had a great range.

In this game as in RL one cannot win an air combat just on type of gun alone. Nor on DM alone.

10. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Why is this still happening?

Well, the thing I find most frustrating now is the "solution" to most of the complaints on the DM was a significant reduction in the effective range of our gunnery. Was this an ego-driven punishment dealt to us by aike, or what? Once upon a time, yes, the DM worked well. It wasn't the perfect model, but it worked reasonably well. Now, it seems to have been changed so much that it is no longer working as well as what was intended. I'll go ahead and state the obvious here, but when things that are included in a model are altered, every once in awhile updating the model to reflect the original intention should be considered. Maybe I have trouble finding a post stating that this happened. Maybe aike just went ahead and said fuck it all and we didn't find a replacement. It could have happened well before I got here, or it may have never occurred at all. People have been trying to get answers for years, and I have yet to find them. Maybe time ate those posts. Whatever happened, maybe someone could remind us. At least say something about it instead of having us flaming post after post with title DM SUCKS! or why my guns don't work? or any of the multitude that are on the forum. :shuffle:

Edit: Did rgreat replace aike, or do they work on two separate functions of the game? I'm still not quite sure how that arrangement is supposed to work.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Does god even exist?

12. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Stop it, I have the stick now! :D

13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

So to speak?

14. demian

demian Well-Known Member

You are not allowed to be communist anymore :nono:

15. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

the question is if is it good or bad

16. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

yes, total awareness, total adrenaline

17. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Ahh , so that was begining of stupidity on Fh...
    I wonder how long it takes for regular player to learn anything on fh with 1 life per tod..
    10 years i guess..
    Good role model , wtg .. we still see consequences..

18. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

You are aware that most pilots have more than one nick, yes? :rolleyes:

19. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

looooooooooooooooooooooool

20. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

Speak for yourself. :rolleyes: