Forum issues....

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by -ALW-, Jan 6, 2013.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

When trying to change my email in the forum, I thought I would get a notification after some time soon after, maybe 15 or 20 minutes. The first time I attempted this, I thought I'd read some forum posts and tried to reply in a topic. It said I did not have the correct privileges or admin rights. Because nothing was being resolved, I decided to change it back to the original email address. After a full day, I finally got a confirmation email. Before this, I tried contacting forum staff through the email links provided on a page. The one link was titled "administrator". I also tried the "contact us" link and the email was returned as and unknown address from this forum site. Those links are bogus and don't work. They don't have a valid email address.

The "vBulletin Message" email links are bogus.

It displays $vboptions[webmasteremail] in the "send to" box when we click on the "administrator" link.

The "Contact Us" link email address is invalid.

Here's what I got when sending an email to webmaster@wbfree.net:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

webmaster@wbfree.net

Finally, tried updating my email address again, yesterday. This evening I finally I got the "action required to verify membership for FH Forum" email.
    [​IMG]

And if it hasn't gotten more interesting, this evening, someone tried to reset my password.

Another thing that's been annoying. This auto logging off thing. Whenever I carry out a reply in the forum, I usually have to log back in almost every time I finally submit the post. Is this a setting I can adjust? Not sure what the purpose would be for this in the first place.

You guys need to get this stuff fixed!

2. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

webmaster@wbfree.net is not working because of spammers. And will not work.

Sorry, but I have no explanation about not delivered confirmation mail. In the past I've checked same issues sometimes, and in 99% it was a problem on client side. So, try to check your mail account.

It's sad, but I will not do check forum mailer logs or do any investigation, I have simply no free time for that. Sorry again.

Try to check your browser filters, anti-ad and anti-banners software, if exists. Looks like cookies are not saved or deleted. Forum has no such feature to auto-logoff in case, for example, IP address change.

3. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Spammers? Uggh! Spamming should be illegal. Maybe the forum email can only be used, via webform and use some kind of image to authenticate like www.keycaptcha.com/ it is a human and not an automated computer. Put some WWII aircraft in there for images. :)
    Kind of like a site I visit....
    http://www.silveradosierra.com/ They use www.phpbb.com. And it's FREE/Open Source!

The image verification function like https://www.keycaptcha.com/captcha-for-free/ would stop all spamming, chat column on the side would encourage conversation, etc etc. Our chat box would be "hangar talk" instead of "shop talk". :mafia:

The logging in can allow users to hide their presence, and it can be automatic when we load the webpage.

With an update/facelift it would improve our appearance so we don't look like the 90's. :D This forum page is OLD and outdated!

What would it take to use the same forum potential that is produced by https://www.phpbb.com/?