Global "Warming" or "Thawing" ???

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by squirl, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Re: Global "Warming" or "Thawing" ???

Should I read less Perdomo postings? :) He named problems in Spain. And I think that every country is working its soil as it used to. It is the most easy way to blame some gas emissions hundreds and hundreds miles away instead of taking care of your own land.

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Of course there are problems in Spain, and of course he named them. Do you want him to name problems in Lithuania instead? I also named problems in the Alps. Does that mean i'm French or Italian or Swiss? No, just talk about what we know. And that's something you obviously don't do...

3. Vadim Maksimenko

Have you seen a gray layer of dust and smoke over large cities ever (smog)? If not, should I explain you, how does it look like?

[​IMG]

All pollution stays where it is, cause nearly all harmful gases and compositions are havier than air.

Greenhouse effect is being created with gases that let sunlight through, but reflect secondary IR emission back to the ground. I have no idea of those gases if they exist at all, cause IR waves have much more better penetration in any gases (all military lasers that should penetrate smoke screens and vapor layers are IR).

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yeah, i lived in Madrid, constantly covered by that cloud of dirt

But it's not only CO2 in there. There are many more gases, like NO2, SO2, CO, NO, etc... The problem with CO2 is that it combines with O3 (Ozone) and liberates CO and 2xO2. NO + O3 ==> NO2 + O2, and so on and so forth, destroying the ozone in the atmosphere. Ozone that is present at all levels in atmosphere (actually, O3 itself is quite contaminant), and without which, the Earth suffers a climatic change.

5. Vadim Maksimenko

Sorry to mention, but ozone in considerable quantities is available only in high stratosphere where CO2 is capable to get only with volcano blasts. The reason: CO2 is havier than air! Our atmosphere consists roughly of 3 parts of N2 (molecular mass 28) and 1 part of O2 (molecular mass 32). CO2 molecular mass is 46. Acсording to phisics law of convection it goes down to the ground level. How may it mix with ozone that is highly instable and exists only in stratosphere due to the sun radiation? I guess, you wanted to say CO :)

CO + O3 => CO2 + O2

And finally, to see the real picture of ozone layer I think this [http://www.cmdl.noaa.gov/ozwv/cgi-bin/testdata.cgi] source would be more reliable than a bunch of "scientists" and newspapers :) Try to see the whole available data, not only 1 year gap.

6. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W

There is a fuck of a lot of carbon locked inside fossils under the ground, where no one has to breathe them. The fossils under the ground are fossil flora and fossil fauna, mostly fossil flora. There is a vast amount of it. And we are releasing the carbon from the old forests, which took the carbon out of the air a loooooong time ago and we are releasin that stuff back into the air whence it came, back in the carboniferous age, whenever that was, a time when there was MUCHO carbon in the air.
    We are letting a djin out of a bottle see? A smelly bad djin.

7. gollum

gollum Member

IR has a better penetration is smoke and dust ONLY. Read more at www.flir.com ( where I work, making IR cameras.... )
    CO2 stops IR for most part of the IR spectrum. :znaika:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  8. gollum

gollum Member

O shit here we go again:

Somebody that confuses the ?greenhouse effect? and the ?ozone layer problem? is obviously so ignorant that they should not open the mouth in this matter?.

And you are totally confused about the "phisics law".

9. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Actually that's not true and you know it yourself. Pollution is very capable to travel via air from country to another. I'd blame wind, but wth do I know....

Also, while we're at it, CO2 is also capable to move around in atmosphere. Otherwise it'd be only the heavier gases that we breathe, and that would be not-so-likely situation...

but, why to blame USA , and to proove I'm not all bad, a good thing about CO2 rising , but then again

:D

10. gollum

gollum Member

The current increase in global temperature is maybe caused by human activities, or maybe not. We simply don?t know yet.
    But I think that ppl that express strong opinions about this should at least have the basic physics and chemistry correct.

Good science has a hard time in US today, if what they say is against the opinion of the current US administration. An administration that has strong private interests to defend, and is totally in the hands of the military-industrial complex.
    A rather trust ppl that writes in papers like Scientific American an New Scientist.

11. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

If I were to read between the lines of what you say, I would read "good science is that which disagrees with the currecnt US administration"....I have read a lot of Scientific American & have a science degree. What they write about my field of study is frequently inaccurate, exaggerated & wrong.

12. Vadim Maksimenko

From what moment paragraph splitting should be ignored in the source text? Should have I inserted an ALL CAPS TITLE to explain, that new paragraph meant an answer to another issue?

13. Vadim Maksimenko

Very funny source, claiming of ozone layer changes, which are not, according to spectral analysis...

14. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
  15. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

i know where real co2 emision cum frum

not usa

not talepipe o' da ottomobiel

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

17. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHA! LMAO! :)

18. geobrt

geobrt Well-Known Member

cloud can make Earth surface cooler or more hot, depending on its temperature, hight and few other factors. I can put some equations in about two weeks time if you are intrested:)
    Some pollutions in fact make Earth cooler.

19. geobrt

geobrt Well-Known Member

Pollutions from high chimneys can travel from Europe up to Svalbard* ( and probably even further), therefore I think that CO2 can stay in atmosphere for quite long.
    Other thing that there are other gases that can "warm" climate more.
    Afi(I think it was you who wrote that greenhouse effect is a fact, if not: sorry): of course greenhouse effect is true. Without it whole Earth would be one big iceball. Question is: is it bigger that average and how much it can change climat.
    Other question is: what is average of that? Remember that all temperature before 17xx is taken from proxy data (tree rings, ice cores), which are hmmmm not very precise. Concluding from that data f.ex. 0.6 degrees rise in tempertature is silly IMO

*airfax: Now I have noticed that you wrote it allready. I would add temperature inversion to list of things that can be blame for long range pollutants transport.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  20. geobrt

geobrt Well-Known Member

Not IR but thermal radiation is reflected and kept in atmosphere. Thermal radiation has longer waves than IR.
    (but I will check it - I am not 100% sure what I am writing about now:))