[help] need some translations

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -nicae-, Nov 16, 2003.

1. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

i mean #1 :)

as for the assets, they do increase competitiveness, actually. like, if you have this old baking machine that makes gross cookies, or a modern and flexible thingy that makes it more like grandma's cookies, and saves money to spend in other areas.
    but thats going deep into businesses :p

but i liked your rephrasing. theres always something to learn! i guess ill use it :)

2. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

To be picky you need the investment first in order to purchase the asset, so following that line of argument investment is neccessary in order to improve the quality of the end product.

And saving money is generally called improving efficiency but in the majority of cases it's not neccessary to provide investment to improve efficiency but to simply review the processes involved in production. This is where alot of people fall down (especially IT departments) where they feel it's neccessary to spend alot of money in order to make a saving instead of reviewing the existing processes to discover the weaknesses in them that are leading to the loss of efficiency.

To simplify based upon your example, the quality of the equipment does not neccessarily mean it will produce tasty cookies. If your ingredients are of poor quality or the incorrect qualities are added to the machine in order to produce the cookie it will taste crap either way.

Mal

P.S. this is what I do for a living :)

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

4. -nicae-

LOL :D
    they'll kill me if i use that :p

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  5. -nicae-

cool! :cool:

but that phrase was really generic. its more like "assets CAN improve quality".
    well they CAN, cant they? :)

6. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

It's a difficult one because Assets isn't confined to equipment neccessary to undertake the task, or on that basis even involved in the production process.

For example a companies assets can include things like:

Company cars, if you have a mobile sales force then yes it's safe to include these as an asset neccessary to the conduct of business but if you provide company cars to the directors of the business (for personal & business use) then it's still an asset but it's not really neccessary to the operation of the business.

Likewise property is classifed as an asset, along with everything in the workplace from a kettle to the site.

A companies assets are generally only included for purposes of say floating the company on the stock market or more commonly when a company goes into liquidation. The firms assets are then compiled and sold off either in part of as a whole in order to pay off the creditors.

In most countries firms tend to purchase things as "assets" in order to convert cash into a physical form. Basically its a tax dodge.

Personnally I'd stick to the word investment because this then leads quite nicely into your next line about the lack of investment by Brazilian firms into areas such as R&D which you can then expand into other areas such as investment into the workforce (training etc) equipment (improvements in productivity) etc.

Mal

7. ozemale6t9

ozemale6t9 Well-Known Member

In actual fact, the biggest (most important) asset any company has is its people (employees). And these are not owned by the company, although some would have you think they do. :)

Regards, Oz

8. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

@ mal: I think what Nic is trying to point out is the statement says 'assets can improve quality'. To me, this is stating that not all assets will improve the product's quality, but there is no doubt that some of them can.

At least, that's the way ive read it :)

-glas-

9. -Kharn-

-Kharn- Well-Known Member

їThe most lenguages? Ok... Catalа time (from Catalonia & Andorra) :D :mafia:

Abstracte
    L'alta competitivitat existent en els mйs diversos sectors de l'economia global requerix de les companyies participants una recerca creixent d'innovaciу, increment de la qualitat i addicciу de valors afegits als seus actius i serveis. En aquest projecte, l'objectiu йs analitzar les raons per les quals les companyies brasileres, en general, no tenen l'hаbit d'invertir en аrees tan importants com investigaciу i desenvolupament (I+D), a pesar de que l'economia brasilera estа cada dia mйs involucrada amb els competitius mercats globals. Aquest estudi es desenvolupa a travйs de la formulaciу d'hipтtesis basades en informacions secundаries, extretes de textos cientнfics de terceres persones. Finalment, el projecte conclou que, de fet, les companyies brasileres troben enormes obstacles per dur a terme les activitats de I+D, reduint la seva competivitat. Per tant, es plantegen diversos suggeriments a les companyies sobre el problema, aixн com certes recomenacions per als prтxims estudis que tractin el mateix tema.

Paraules clau:
    Investigaciу i Desenvolupament, companyies nacionals, recuperaciу de la inversiу, polнtica de gestiу

10. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

muahahahah kharn catalonia

y si lo escribo en andaluz? ^^

11. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

funny, egyptians write down "sun" as foldedcloth-chick-water