Hey Ant...

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Funtom, Apr 13, 2010.

1. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Funton, you should know few things I discovered, before you marry Ants sister.
    He is not what he claims to be.
    I found this article on wbtips storage:

Posted by: Red Ant VVS Tres Equis =XXX=

Message: : Is this plane useless or is it just me? The plane seems slow, the turning ability appears overrated and the roll-rate is horrible. Is anyone able to have much success with this plane?

Yes, i've had some success with it. "Horrible" is not how i'd describe the Yak9, more like "mediocre". It's reasonably fast (just a hair slower than the SpitIX at the lower alts), has ok climbrate, ok turnrate, and the horrible rollrate that you mention is only at the higher speeds, as a result of stiffening ailerons. At below 312 mph (500kph) the roll rate is actually quite good. One thing to keep in mind is that with the 1x20mm & 1x 12.7mm the 9 rewards good gunnery, & conversely punishes bad gunnery/shot selection. While this is certainly no uberplane, it can be quite effective in 1942-'43, imho.

Like all Yaks, i find it particularly effective vs the Me109 series at lower altitudes... something they were quite specifically designed for.

Ant

WB: redant

VVS Tres Equis =XXX=

See? He is old , he used to fly yaks all the time, but here he presents himself as P38 addict , has american flag as his avatar...
    Never trust anyone who uses Yak, especially those who later pretend to be american lovers. He could be russian spy ...

2. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

nice, but... i want Ant's sister not Ant! :znaika:

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

At, those were the days. :D