Hurr small field killer

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -doku-, Jul 6, 2000.

1. -doku-

-doku- Active Member

Hi all FB flyers!

Just want to share my surprise one day on Red side. I took hvy hurr up f8->f10 w/500 load, conv 900 for acks. First pass 350mph: 20 and 88 down. Second pass 2x20 down... 3rd: bombs away radio+radar [​IMG] 4th some hits on fuel, 5th rest of ammo away hangar - when all of ammo was gone hangar exploded! f10 closed :]

I still think hurr has best firepower/spray kill capability on low furballs..

So many planes, so much to talk about [​IMG]

Salute,
    -doku- of Finland

2. Papa

Papa FH Developer

Doku, hurr I or hurr II? [​IMG]

------------------
    Wbr,
    Andrey "Papa" Lutsenko,
    Major of 25th IAP <VVS>

3. -doku-

-doku- Active Member

Hehee, hurr II of course. [​IMG] Those 303s in hurr I are like stone slings... 4x20mm:s are from different planet. One click shot (3/100 ammo) can kill zeke [​IMG]

4. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I remember reading that hurri was completely outdated desing and had terrible losses against zeros... hurri2 was too slow and clumsy to have success. Im not sure about this one, but ive heard its level speed was about 350kmh [​IMG] well in wb hurri2 seems good dogfighter and not that slow either.

4xAP loaded hispanos in british fighters were pure ground attack versions..like tempest and typhoon. It just adds too much weight to let plane maneuver that much.

well just thinking dont take all this as fact, not any hard data to tell [​IMG]