I am sorry!

Discussion in 'Warbirds General Discussion' started by hezzey, Dec 28, 2022.

1. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

They won't get it.

2. Stefan

Stefan FH Beta Tester

Запомни эти цифры 1783. Это пинкод твоей карточки год когда Севастополь стал русским городом. И до 2023 года он остаётся русским. То что его несколько раз оккупировали то жабоеды, то боши, то хохлы, не влияет на то что он русский.

-Shai- and Flk like this.
  3. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

ruSSia invaded a sovereign country. The first time, in 2014, it did so without even using its national insignia. That's how unjustified the invasion was.

4. -Shai-

-Shai- Well-Known Member

не пизди, свидомит румынSSкий, целее останешься

5. -Shai-

-Shai- Well-Known Member

а вообще, твари фашисткие, начинайте оглядываться и сраться в свои шаровары, как скаклы
    вы дофига сколько тявкали на русского медведя. и ему это надоело.
    пришла ваша пора бояться.

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Get real. The ruSSian bear won't get alive out of Ukraine.
    Then you'll see it was never a bear, all this time. That it was just a big bag of hate, lies and stupidity.

7. Stefan

Stefan FH Beta Tester

То есть ты уже обосрался.

8. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

IIRC Kherson was also "forever ruSSian"?
    How's your day after the Ukrainian strike on Makiivka barracks?

9. Stefan

Stefan FH Beta Tester

Уймись. Херсон, Одесса, Харьков тоже будут русскими.

10. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Please clarify the following items:

Is there any actual plan which will get you those cities?

If "yes", is that a new plan, other than the previous one?

If "yes", is the new plan better?

If "yes", what makes you think so?

Thanks.

11. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect an answer.

At least not an answer to the questions asked.

[OT]
    I'm less active recently - broke down second laptop within 6 months today (actually it is my daughter's, still - she needs it), so I had to emergency shop.
    Geezus, these things became more expensive recently (or I got a really nice deal in summer).

Paid PLN 3900 for my current one (HP, i5 11500H, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD, RTX 3050 - well, the price tag was 5000, but I managed to get a nice discount) in July, now - having a similar budget for daughter's laptop I could not buy anything with a 6-core Intel, had to go with the "power efficient" 11300H and worse GFX card for the same price (still daughter prefers 17'' screens so I bought a 17'' one, while I carry my laptop to work every day, so I am a big fan of the 15'' ones).

So I guess we're suffering economically here too - got less of a computer for the same price, buying half a year later.
    [/OT]

12. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

Or Sevastopol is Greek/Byzantine. "Ships, too, flow to port." That's a line from a transliterated poem. No one here will recognize it, I'm sure.

I'm old. And I'm really worried about this new world war. Only idiots do not see that things are going to escalate outside of Ukraine. And the reason for escalation is that all nations have very stupid and weak persons in charge/power, making decisions that are not ideal.

We are all being slapped in the face by reality. (Wait, isn't that a Zen-like koan experience? Or Buddhism.)

hezzey likes this.
  13. OldUncles

OldUncles Well-Known Member

At this stage, it's a question of how much money and weapons the USA can send to Ukraine and NATO. Make no mistake: the USA has thus far spent over $100,000,000,000 (no one will ever know the true amount, because we have many secret budgets), and that's quite a bit of cash. So: 100 billion so far. The USA pays for everything in Ukraine. We pay for all pensioners in Ukraine now, I think. The place would collapse without USA financing.

14. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Indeed the US is the largest donor in absolute figures.
    You have a good administration today. Imagine if Trump was the president. *shivers*

The US did another great thing - it sounded the alarm on the ruSSian invasion - remember that not even the Ukrainian government didn't want to believe its imminence.
    That's responsibility and it's great the current US govt has it.

Red Ant likes this.
  15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

You're stuck.

Red Ant likes this.
  16. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Indeed, getting an answer to that might be one of the funniest things on this forum. :D
    Man, how did it happen? Accidental fall?

I bought the last one for the wife the past year and I'm not planning to buy another too soon.
    I personally like to use old junk - mine is a 6 years old one. I sometimes use an even older laptop, 10 years old maybe, that I keep on an unsafe location. This one has no HDD, I'm booting from a stick I have with me.
    Wife just needs something to write on - she's got a 3k Lei (~600 Euro) HP. Forgot the specs, I only remember the price. :D
    Fortunately the kid is not too much into the hardware race, yay. And he's saving his money for Dog knows what.

17. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

The screen went dead on mine, and I had an urgent job to complete.
    So two hours later I had a new laptop.
    I will repair this one some day, cause wife can't do everything she needs on the laptop she got from her employer.
    The other went dead yesterday, and I suspect the chipset (and it's soldered to the motherboard) - diagnostics and repair would most likely be too expensive.

My daughter isn't into the race either.
    Still - with all that remote learning and stuff she needs decent performance from her computer.
    My "dead buddy" was a 6th gen. i7 (6700HQ to be more precise) and it is actually slower than the daughters current i5 (11300H).
    Daughter's computer was a 7th gen i5 (entry model quad-core 7300HQ) and it actually did well with all that Teams and web-based MS Office stuff, so there was no need to replace it yet. But since it went dead, I had no other option.

As far as PLN/LEU exchange rate is considered 1 LEU is 0.95 PLN, so it is almost 1:1 (thus I paid some 4200 Lei for both of the computers).

18. Archer

Archer Administrator Staff Member

Nope :)

Despite its Greek origin, the name is not from Ancient Greek times. The city was probably named after Empress ("Augusta") Catherine II of the Russian Empire who founded Sevastopol in 1783.

19. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

So it is German then? She was Sophie Friederike Auguste von Anhalt-Zerbst-Dornburg, before becoming Catherine II.
    Or rather Polish, since Szczecin, where she was born, is now part of Poland (not to mention that the young Catherine had an affair with the future king of Poland - Stanisław August Poniatowski)?

20. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

Sometimes a coward's way out of (self-)judgement is to pull the others into cowardice too.

Red Ant likes this.