I got my Christmas present early!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Dec 21, 2021.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Oh it’s great I got a PC mailed to me it was sitting on my door this morning and there was a happy email saying it’s outside your door!
    And I went to my door and open it and there it was in the hall I am so glad I don’t live around a bunch of stupid thieves….
    But I got that PC which as I explained earlier was an exact copy of the broken one that I already had I just needed to swap out some parts.
    I spent about a half hour and got the ram modules switched and the SSD and the (used to be a good) video card. I didn’t want to go through the agony of getting a brand new PC and having to re-equipment with new versions of the old technology I already had (I am not rich and I am not 18 years old either).
    So it wasn’t long I got that box all hooked up to the stuff I had previously, I used to connect to back in the day before it broke and it’s now repaired (!!)
    It works fine it has its GNU/linux in it now. I am happy and I hope I will have it for another five years and maybe by then (never mind…).