I have used the same [stable] Linux distribution for [more than] Ten years now...]

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezzey, Apr 18, 2022.

1. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

I love it. I have a Backup of it's /home, always [two, in fact].
    And since approximately 2010 I have had ZERO hangups. Not a thing has gone wrong. [That I know of (KNOCK ON WOOD!!)]
    Since 2010 [or really, earlier, but I can't recall that much farther, I am buggered-up in my head, a bit] I have had ZERO hangups.
    This is now a remade PC, but it has, in it, an exact copy of the /home partition it had in 2010 [and likely 2008]

So what am I saying?
    I am saying IF you use it, as a Stable Linux, you probably will see NO problems.
    To me it looks Just Like the classic Windows 95. IT IS NOT but it looks just like it.
    Manjaro Linux /home directory from year 2010 and all the rest is current.
    [Meaning it is current, AFAIK]

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mhMLXQyUpTwfoub39

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    Flk likes this.
  2. hezzey

hezzey Well-Known Member

Manjaro Linux is a semi-rolling release. It is based on Arch Linux.
    Arch Linux is a basic GNU+Linux. Which means it is Linux Kernel AND some GNU stuff. I think Manjaro, which is like a sister to Arch is as basic as I can get a Linux Distro [as ready-made].
    I could make a version of GNU+Linux and make it Just Like this one, that I have. BUT I do not want to, or I am too lasy.
    I could break it, I THINK. BUT I don't want to so I leave it alone, I do NOT fuck around with it. IF I wanted to fuck around I would use another Hard Drive with Another OS on it. AND boot from there.
    I do install some stuff that is GNU AKA Free and Open Source software. I never install anything but. I do NOT stray away from GNU. IF I want to I will and I do, easily, BUT I use a second hard drive. A spare one, that is disconnected from MY daily driver.
    It is simple.
    Simple doesn't mean easy
    It is simple to me...
    I like it because it is like a layer of safety between ARCH and The Others. Arch is THE BEST and Manjaro is The Best [Part Two]. Is is just like Arch, except it um, isn't Arch...
    It is always Brand New and cutting edge Linux except that THIS version that I use is NOT as up-to-date in the moment, it is about a week older... I think that is enough time for ANY bugs in it to be discovered and fixed before I get it...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    OldUncles likes this.