Idea to discourage lopsided roster

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Mar 29, 2008.

1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

In any event, I have the best solution of all. This idea stems from a standard set by GameStorm/Kesmai with Air Warrior. They had multiple arenas for separate purposes. Those who wanted to perform bombing missions, those who wanted to furball/dogfight, and those who wanted both!
    We could have two arenas, one small arena for those who want to dogfight, and one for both strategic bombing/air-combat/dogfighting.

I prefer a target rich environment and have NEVER left because I was outnumbered. There's just too much excitement to leave that!! I am bewildered as to why people leave when they are outnumbered. I'll just guess that they are un-skilled dweeb-pilots.

2. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well I have to disagree alw on 2 arena's. We had a training arena once and all it did was devide what small numbers FH already had. By just allowing 1 arena all must fly it or go away. I don't have any problem with the map rotations (I like them all). on being lop sided, well late night when I fly I find it that way most of the time more reds then golds so I have flown more gold then I have in years just to help balance things out a bit. Maybe others should do the same. But don't switch cause you heard of a raid that you have inside information on. Thats just total BS.

3. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

There's only one solution... configure the server so that when pilots of the outnumbering side press the trigger button it will automatically eject them from the plane.

1 person likes this.
  4. bot

bot Well-Known Member

scratch scratch scratch.....?!?!

So You are talking about splitting the arena but prefer a target rich enviroment?? can you say "oxymoron"?

In the one instace I have seen you online alw, there were 10 players, yeah you are right, we should split the arena.......

oh and tell me you are not actually quoting yourself in your signature?!?!!?.............omg
    By far you have surpassed every narcissistic, toughguy, anonomous, online persona I have ever seen........

5. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

I got a simple idea to solve this balance issue occuring the last months.

Those guys who enjoy outnumbering the enemy and killing them by vulching on purpose, then calling on ch100 "up up pls", so I guess we should just leave these hungry, bloodshot eyed, churning mouthed kids to go and capping fields on their own if they want to - we just dont join their battle, dont give them the fun. Let 'em capping fields 10 in a row, we all will play elsewhere with the rest of the players of both sides. Let 'em have their games but we wont take part of it. So then they'll go bored and start to play the normal way or keep on playing their own but without bothering us, without any dogfight, any kills they'd desperately want etc. I'm sure this gonna bore them to death.

But an other important thing is when we have enough players still there aint no any team work. These large group's trick is team work, they hunting down the weaker, lone ones. If we'd join in larger groups as well, regardless of squads, we could match them at least.

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Alright alright, I reckon my suggestion is off the table then. =P Could we at least implement kum's idea about reducing downtimes when one side badly outnumbers the other?

7. flygavn

flygavn Well-Known Member

Here is the answer, and it solves two issues:Ever which side is way out numbered, (because of all the turn coats).
    The other side is the only one allowed to fly the BF 110.
    Until sides are more even, then it goes back in hanger.

1. Solves the unbalenced team issue.
    2. Development wont have to fool with fix'n it.

It's in everyones best interest....(except for one's with the small penis complex I guess):znaika:

1 person likes this.
  8. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

yes, remove Bf-110 and give reds the gloster meteor!

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I can see this is a dead-horse subject already. It's going nowhere.

10. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

exhibitionism

...im not an admin but i play one in real life

[​IMG]

11. rondon

rondon Well-Known Member

One could just have an exponential curve of higher and higher number of ack weenies and hmacks per remaining fields culminating in twin 30mm or 88mm hmacks as the ratio of fields and players grew larger to one side.

Perhaps another solution could be longer time limits for players changing sides.

Of course players could log on under another name but it limits the vulching scoreboard hounds at any rate.

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

This isn't so much about scores...it's about flying with difficult odds. Too many of a good thing can be bad.

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Right now for example, the roster looks excellent!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008