il2 damage model

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by hugo baskervill, Nov 26, 2005.

?

Is il2 DM of engine bad modeled and vulnerable?

1. Yes, il2 DM is strange and need adjustment, i have bad experience with vulnerable engine.

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Engine is vulnerable but it is OK, sturmoviks had breakable engines IRL.

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. il2 DM doesn't need correction, parts are duriable like hell and engine too.

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. I don't know, i don't have many experience with il2.

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. hugo baskervill is a woodpecker (added by exec)

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. hugo baskervill

hugo baskervill Well-Known Member

I flew il2 some time ago and i see that after first 1-2x20mm hits my engine dead, I think Russians must be mad when they send to action sooooooo vulnerable planes. I remember that last flights in il2(about 6, this and previous TOD) i every died when my engine gone after really few hits. Other parts are duriable enough but without engine....

Please, developers, correct it in next FHL, and if you dont believe me, try flew il2 and you will see. It is propably some kind of bug.

btw, i can add pool, coooooool, pls add here "woodpecker" opinion.

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

dunno if this subject is suited to polling.. after all, it's all about historical accuracy (if there's data available about it, i hope it is).
    and i'm sure many of the players who know nothing about RL IL2 (and i'm one of them), will have an answer to your question :)

3. JTiger

JTiger Well-Known Member

You talk about IL-2 ?
    And all another planes ... Like BF-109F* that gets cannon jammed in one 7mm shot every time ...

For me the entire damage model must be reworked, not only the IL-2. I not agree with your poll at all ...

4. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

I only vote when have the "woodpecker" option. By the way, what does fucking "woodpecker" mean?

5. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

[​IMG]?

was Il-2 armour capable of stopping a 20mm shell or was it just for absorbing small arms fire?

1 person likes this.
  6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I'm far more frustrated with 20mm jamming with first ping in 109. These are the kind of things even a blind man would notice are happening more often then they should, but exec will tell you to STFU probably ;)

oh I forgot: WTG RGREAT!

7. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

If only cannon was damaged by few erratic hits in 109 I'd happy :D
    Almost as often engine gets killed by few hits in 109.
    Which, considering that the cannon and engine are mounted in each other, so to speak, must mean that the engine hood is made from recycled plastic bags. Or maube balsawood.

As far as IL2, I have not experienced that the engine is prone to damage as described above, but I havn't flown it THAT much in WBFH. The times I attack IL2's otoh, engine damage is not what I normally see.

8. JTiger

JTiger Well-Known Member

Reuben, 109F's cannon are damage with 1 x 7mm hit ... this only gotta be an -exec- joke ...

9. hugo baskervill

Now i flew il2 again and the best score was 6x20(2x20 and 1x20 from hmack, were the next attempts), i died three times on fuel fire, no dead engine now.

But still i think that il2 is really vulnerable.

I remember that radiator was vulnerable IRL only by 7mm but you need lucky shot. Gunner havent any armor protection but pilot was really good armor protected and imho engine too. And i remember that many german pilots said that attacking from 6 is bad idea(12mm otto and good armour). Imho all planes with liquid cooled engine are vulnerable by 7mm.

10. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    Just what the fuck -exec- has to do with it I cannot understand!

11. JTiger

JTiger Well-Known Member

Exec has to get a hammer ... and ... bam bam bam bam ... there goes the server ... :]

Aaaand them start to do all again from zero ...

12. -cbfs-

-cbfs- Well-Known Member

Where the flowers bloom like madness in the spri-i
    *woodpecker siren going off*

13. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

When the option "hugo baskervill is a woodpecker" will appear?

14. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

yea zeros need fixing first. they take more 20mm then 109 or 190s do now....

15. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

It's the completely friggin nuts DM of the whole game engine, not just individual planes! A few weeks ago I got jumped by Ki-84 which poured no less than 26 x 20 mm plus some 12mm shells into my P-38 before I could even react. Amazingly my plane wasn't damaged AT ALL! No over-G, no guns out, no flaps lost, NOTHING!! Upon eating up his looong burst , I turned into the amazed Ki-84 driver hard and proceeded to shoot him down. I think he was a bit pissed ,,, and rightly so, because my plane should have been a flaming wreck after all that ammo he pumped into me. Instead I was able to dogfight him as if I hadn't been hit at all.
    Then there are days when 2 x 7 mm from otto is all it takes for my plane to shed its entire tail section. :rolleyes:

16. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

cc, i hit two zeros by 10x20 and 14x20 and no kill ;O((((

17. hugo baskervill

Because loosing of wing area and changing aerodynamic isnt moddeled on WB, and i would be quite difficult quest if somebody want do it. So if you didnt hit wing enough he can fly and fight.

Zero catches fire really easy and leak fuel after first 7mm. But if you didnt damaged Hstab, engine(and radial engine is quite rugged) or fulseage zero can fly and propably can ditch. I sometimes land with no wing or no rudder, elevator, ailerons or Vstab.

for example when you damaged p38 flaps, rudder or one aileron you will make serious problems of p38 pilot. lost elevator causes nose heavy and p38 crash.

But it is OT. I hope i will test il2 again and report it here.

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

added...

19. gryphon

gryphon Well-Known Member

oh wood peakers spend all day banging there heads of trees. (beaks aculy) )think jack hammer). they big into trees to get the bugs and grubs that live under the bark. they will land on your house if u have wood siding and beat there heads on your walss all day driving u nutz. and not getting any food.

so in effect calling u a woodpecker isnt so much a insult. u knew when u made post ud be bagging your head off a wall with little or no result anyway didnt you :D

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

and 37mm is like throwing at them a snow ball. Really